Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2020, 11:56 PM   #101
kawishiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 515
Thanks: 224
Thanked 164 Times in 106 Posts
Default Where...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Here's a picture of what we'll look like driving it!Attachment 15788

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I think you missed something...I am not seeing "T-rex arms" in the pic.
__________________
"I don't take responsibility at all."
kawishiwi is offline  
Old 04-07-2020, 05:50 AM   #102
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,162
Thanks: 872
Thanked 934 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
I think you missed something...I am not seeing "T-rex arms" in the pic.
Or tree trunk legs! I probably should've just pasted a meatball on there!

How is your early season looking? Have you had a chance to get to camp to check on things?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now  
Old 04-08-2020, 12:19 AM   #103
kawishiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 515
Thanks: 224
Thanked 164 Times in 106 Posts
Default May 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Or tree trunk legs! I probably should've just pasted a meatball on there!

How is your early season looking? Have you had a chance to get to camp to check on things?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Gates scheduled to open 5/1. VT is "closed" until April ? They seem to be hit harder than NH but also they started the covid experience before NH. Wanted to be up and running before my son changes bases back to U.S.A. but Air Force suspended all personnel movement for an undertemined time. He's in England so his move would have been "out of the frying pan and into the fire".
__________________
"I don't take responsibility at all."
kawishiwi is offline  
Old 04-08-2020, 05:51 AM   #104
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,162
Thanks: 872
Thanked 934 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
Gates scheduled to open 5/1. VT is "closed" until April ? They seem to be hit harder than NH but also they started the covid experience before NH. Wanted to be up and running before my son changes bases back to U.S.A. but Air Force suspended all personnel movement for an undertemined time. He's in England so his move would have been "out of the frying pan and into the fire".
Gotcha. We've been up a couple times to get ahead and we're almost ready to go. At this point, I'm starting to wonder where we'll be spending our time if school is canceled for the year. We don't have internet at camp and I'm not sure if AT&T service is capable enough to remote learn.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I think the most intensive thing I'd need access to is Google Meet/Zoom.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now  
Old 04-08-2020, 04:45 PM   #105
Cal Coon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Lakes Region
Posts: 417
Thanks: 149
Thanked 147 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
Gates scheduled to open 5/1. VT is "closed" until April ? They seem to be hit harder than NH but also they started the covid experience before NH. Wanted to be up and running before my son changes bases back to U.S.A. but Air Force suspended all personnel movement for an undertemined time. He's in England so his move would have been "out of the frying pan and into the fire".
First of all, there is NO "fire". All this corona virus BS is just that. Way over hyped and exaggerated. The truth will come out. In fact, it's already started too if you can read between the lines. For example, Dr. Birx said herself yesterday in the press conference that people that died "with" the virus, that also had other underlying complications, were listed as dying "from" covid 19, even if it was something else that actually killed them... You don't have to believe me, look it up yourself. That's not right IMHO, that's just fear mongering to drive up the number of dead, to keep the "sheep" in panic mode. Second, I have always been under the impression that our military was trained to go INTO the fire, NOT shy away from it...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 04-08-2020 at 06:55 PM.
Cal Coon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2020, 10:39 PM   #106
kawishiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 515
Thanks: 224
Thanked 164 Times in 106 Posts
Default Uh oh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
First of all, there is NO "fire". All this corona virus BS is just that. Way over hyped and exaggerated. The truth will come out. In fact, it's already started too if you can read between the lines. For example, Dr. Birx said herself yesterday in the press conference that people that died "with" the virus, that also had other underlying complications, were listed as dying "from" covid 19, even if it was something else that actually killed them... You don't have to believe me, look it up yourself. That's not right IMHO, that's just fear mongering to drive up the number of dead, to keep the "sheep" in panic mode. Second, I have always been under the impression that our military was trained to go INTO the fire, NOT shy away from it...
Hey Cal-buddy,
Off your meds again?
__________________
"I don't take responsibility at all."
kawishiwi is offline  
Old 04-09-2020, 05:30 AM   #107
Cal Coon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Lakes Region
Posts: 417
Thanks: 149
Thanked 147 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
Hey Cal-buddy,
Off your meds again?
Ok pal, since we're friends now, please, (somebody), tell me where I'm going wrong, I will gladly listen...
Cal Coon is online now  
Old 04-09-2020, 06:08 AM   #108
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 4,774
Thanks: 1,196
Thanked 525 Times in 366 Posts
Lightbulb Why HCQ Receives So Little Respect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
Ok pal, since we're friends now, please, (somebody), tell me where I'm going wrong, I will gladly listen...
You're not wrong.

Those who rely on the six corporations that bring the daily TV news will miss an undercurrent behind the COVID-19 pandemic.

For example, The Gates Foundation funds pandemic research in Russia AND China.

Even the main "scientists" giving daily briefings are compromised by politics.

Like so much in the "District of Corruption", taxpayer money flows in hundreds of nefarious ways.
ApS is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
Cal Coon (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 06:17 AM   #109
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,162
Thanks: 872
Thanked 934 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post

You're not wrong.

Those who rely on the six corporations that bring the daily TV news will miss an undercurrent behind the COVID-19 pandemic.

For example, The Gates Foundation funds pandemic research in Russia AND China.

Even the main "scientists" giving daily briefings are compromised by politics.

Like so much in the "District of Corruption", taxpayer money flows in hundreds of nefarious ways.
What would this graphic (cross-posted in "when will it end") look like without social distancing? And, let's imagine that the numbers are skewed 25% based on your conspiracy theory, it's STILL crazy when thinking about how much America has done to stop the spread. And, yesterday—the day after the graphic was made—there look to be another 1800+ deaths, so the trend isn't over yet. https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1812248/

Personally, given NH's very low numbers, I feel very disconnected and safe—friends of mine around the country who are much closer to "hot spots" are feeling much differently.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now  
Old 04-09-2020, 04:52 PM   #110
Cal Coon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Lakes Region
Posts: 417
Thanks: 149
Thanked 147 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
What would this graphic (cross-posted in "when will it end") look like without social distancing? And, let's imagine that the numbers are skewed 25% based on your conspiracy theory, it's STILL crazy when thinking about how much America has done to stop the spread. And, yesterday—the day after the graphic was made—there look to be another 1800+ deaths, so the trend isn't over yet. https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1812248/

Personally, given NH's very low numbers, I feel very disconnected and safe—friends of mine around the country who are much closer to "hot spots" are feeling much differently.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
There's a couple problems with your "graph". First, covid 19 is just like you said, it's a "TREND", which means you cannot compare it to other causes of death that happen every day, year round, year after year. What will happen to covid 19 if you include it in this graph permanently, like all the other causes of death??? It will drop to the bottom like a rock, so you're not being "fair" to the graph when you compare covid 19 during it's PEAK to the rest of the other causes of death!! Nice try though!! Second, we will never know the answer to what this graph would have looked like due to social distancing. It's not something that can ever be measured, so we will never know. Although, maybe the only way to find out is to get the country back to work asap, get the unemployment rate back down to 3%, get the roaring economy back, and if this virus makes a comeback in the fall like some are already predicting, we will just continue to work through it, and we can compare the number of death's while we worked through it, compared to when we were shut down. How's that sound? Also, I'm just wondering Think, what is the conspiracy theory you refer too?
Cal Coon is online now  
Old 04-09-2020, 05:15 PM   #111
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,162
Thanks: 872
Thanked 934 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
There's a couple problems with your "graph". First, covid 19 is just like you said, it's a "TREND", which means you cannot compare it to other causes of death that happen every day, year round, year after year. What will happen to covid 19 if you include it in this graph permanently, like all the other causes of death??? It will drop to the bottom like a rock, so you're not being "fair" to the graph when you compare covid 19 during it's PEAK to the rest of the other causes of death!! Nice try though!! Second, we will never know the answer to what this graph would have looked like due to social distancing. It's not something that can ever be measured, so we will never know. Although, maybe the only way to find out is to get the country back to work asap, get the unemployment rate back down to 3%, get the roaring economy back, and if this virus makes a comeback in the fall like some are already predicting, we will just continue to work through it, and we can compare the number of death's while we worked through it, compared to when we were shut down. How's that sound? Also, I'm just wondering Think, what is the conspiracy theory you refer too?
We will never know the full extent because of social distancing is right—that's the point.

The "conspiracy" I refer to was the suggestion above that CV-19, and its resulting deaths, are not an issue and that the media is just blowing it out of proportion.

The fact is that, with aggressive social distancing, shutdown orders, etc., we're at almost 16k dead and we're not even at peak. That's significant.

My real question is whether or not there was a better balance to be had, especially in states that naturally are more socially distant.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now  
Old 04-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #112
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 1,448
Thanks: 1,037
Thanked 547 Times in 335 Posts
Default

Hopefully the admin will put a fork in this thread as nothing worthwhile has been added since post # 69 with regards to the original topic.

Since post # 69 its been all over the place. Nothing even close to "First Boat Help"
__________________
Sometimes our richest memories spring from places we knew when we were young.
Top-Water is offline  
Old 04-09-2020, 08:09 PM   #113
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,162
Thanks: 872
Thanked 934 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Hopefully the admin will put a fork in this thread as nothing worthwhile has been added since post # 69 with regards to the original topic.

Since post # 69 its been all over the place. Nothing even close to "First Boat Help"
Do you have something to add about my comments in #69 to bring it back on topic?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now  
Old 04-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #114
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 1,448
Thanks: 1,037
Thanked 547 Times in 335 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
so I'll close this thread with the .........blah blah blah ................And now to start a thread about where to go!
Nope nothing to add in this I wanna be a jet ski topic now it died abbout 40 - 45 posts ago.

I think "you" put a fork in it yourself, at post 65. Sorry for the incorrect data.
__________________
Sometimes our richest memories spring from places we knew when we were young.
Top-Water is offline  
Old 04-09-2020, 09:26 PM   #115
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,162
Thanks: 872
Thanked 934 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Nope nothing to add in this I wanna be a jet ski topic now it died abbout 40 - 45 posts ago.

I think "you" put a fork in it yourself, at post 65. Sorry for the incorrect data should have said Sixty Five.
So do you have something to add to my pursuit of jetski knowledge/tips/accessories/care? It'll be here in a couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now  
Old 04-09-2020, 09:33 PM   #116
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 1,448
Thanks: 1,037
Thanked 547 Times in 335 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Nope nothing to add in this I wanna be a jet ski topic now it died abbout 40 - 45 posts ago.
...........
__________________
Sometimes our richest memories spring from places we knew when we were young.
Top-Water is offline  
Old 04-09-2020, 09:34 PM   #117
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,162
Thanks: 872
Thanked 934 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
...........
How about places to take my new ski or boat? Anything at all to ADD?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now  
Old 04-09-2020, 09:54 PM   #118
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 1,448
Thanks: 1,037
Thanked 547 Times in 335 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
How about places to take my new ski or boat? Anything at all to ADD?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Considder adding to a thread "you" already started. I think you made one that goes over this very subject.

__________________
Sometimes our richest memories spring from places we knew when we were young.
Top-Water is offline  
Old 04-09-2020, 09:59 PM   #119
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,162
Thanks: 872
Thanked 934 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Considder adding to a thread "you" already started. I think you made one that goes over this very subject.

Sooo no? How about suggestions on the best pre-season riding gear?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.20989 seconds