Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Altonbayicefishingfool

Default Last ride of the season

Today I took my two boys for the last boat ride of the season up Alton Bay to the broads and back.
With temps dipping below freezing tomorrow night, it was time to yank her out.

I am still surprised of how many boats are still in at Parker marine and the mountain view yacht club that I pass by everyday on my way to work.
As we all know summer doesn't last long enough... Until next year!!
Attached Images

Altonbayicefishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Altonbayicefishingfool For This Useful Post:
bclaker (10-12-2012), chattypatty (10-12-2012), fatlazyless (10-13-2012), Jeanzb1 (10-15-2012), Jonas Pilot (10-11-2012), Rattlesnake Gal (10-12-2012), trfour (10-11-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing your last memory of the 2012 boating season. Excellent shot of my favorite island!

We have at least a few more weeks yet before we head out for the year. I'm considering putting the vinyl on the boat, but it's such a hasstle to install and take off. Warmer is nice though.

Best wishes for good ice and great fishing in the upcoming winter season! And snow for skiing and snowmobiling too.

Cel
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
Altonbayicefishingfool (10-18-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
corollaman

I know of people who go out right until the lake freezes, or starts to freeze. My dad kayaks right up until then. He has a watertight neoprene suit and everything.
corollaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
meredith weekender

We try to keep her in the water until mid November. The earliest we pull out is Veterans Day. The toys are already out and stored but the I'm a diehard when it comes to the boat. Here's to hoping for an early spring.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Winni-Retired

My last boat trip for 2012 is next Wednesday or Thursday ...

Medical issues has kept it at the dock since August 22 ........ but that is in the past .... I hope.
Winni-Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
LadyJane

Winni-retired, hope your health problems are behind you and you ESPECIALLY enjoy that boat ride next week !!
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
jetlag100

We also had the last ride of the season, and I too, noticed that there all still a lot of boats at dockside. Quayside is far from empty, and their deadline is Monday, for getting boats out. The forklift operator is going to be one busy guy over the next few days.
jetlag100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
fatlazyless

It seems like on weekends lately, there's a few performance boats who are lov'n that the MP's are pretty much not around on patrol......no more......and these boaters are do'n what they do best......perform......and.....what the heck.....there's basically 99 44/100% nobody out on the water anyway, so what the hey....go set the water on fire...
Old 10-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
Altonbayicefishingfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
It seems like on weekends lately, there's a few performance boats who are lov'n that the MP's are pretty much not around on patrol......no more......and these boaters are do'n what they do best......perform......and.....what the heck.....there's basically 99 44/100% nobody out on the water anyway, so what the hey....go set the water on fire...
It was a beautiful day when we went out as the picture shows, and not a sole on the lake. It was however 52 or so degrees out. Love the lake this time of year but with two hockey schedules to work around every weekend boating was no longer an option 😔
Altonbayicefishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:23 AM   #10
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Hmmm. There maybe something about the dressing in winter clothing just to be out on the lake!! Oh and many performance boats have no windshields and the ones that do have them they do very little at keeping the wind off more then your face.
Many boats have enclosures as do we but even my wife has come to the conclusion that it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when it is below 60 degree's, and she loves to be out on the lake, relax and read a book.
Last weekend and this last week especially, there has been a lot of wind.
I have been working outside with 3 layers on and a wind breaker just to stay warm while working on Merrymeeting Lake where Friday and Saturday the winds were howling all day.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
JMR

Default Oh ye of little faith...

there are a number of weeks and some say months before we have to hang it up for the winter. It is very quiet out on the lake, but it's beauty still shines.

Then we can watch the forum for the Ice OUt and next spring.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote