Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
nicole

Default Dryer Vent Cleaning-looking for local company

I was wondering if any one had any reccomendations on local comapanies in the Lakes region for checking out my dryer and also for cleaning my dryer vent. I have a small stackable washer/dryer and would need them to use the restacking kit to restack the dryer on top of the washer as well. I live in Weir's Beach.

Thanks,

Nicole
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole View Post
I was wondering if any one had any reccomendations on local comapanies in the Lakes region for checking out my dryer and also for cleaning my dryer vent. I have a small stackable washer/dryer and would need them to use the restacking kit to restack the dryer on top of the washer as well. I live in Weir's Beach.

Thanks,

Nicole

I would do it myself..as I have done before. Just pull the tube off the back of the dryer,,section by section and vacume/wash them out. They may be held together at the joints with "duct" tape. Just destroy the old tape..vacume out the tube and reassemble the tube sections with new tape. If you live in a Condo/apartment and don't know where the tube goes through the walls..then hire a Pro.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
I would do it myself..as I have done before. Just pull the tube off the back of the dryer,,section by section and vacume/wash them out. They may be held together at the joints with "duct" tape. Just destroy the old tape..vacume out the tube and reassemble the tube sections with new tape. If you live in a Condo/apartment and don't know where the tube goes through the walls..then hire a Pro.
Thank you. Yes-I live in a condo and don't really feel comfortable doing it myself.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
no-engine

Quote:
Thank you. Yes-I live in a condo and don't really feel comfortable doing it myself.
Be careful of the distance and angles built in to the vent's installation.

Some original builders had little common sense. If vent is not to outside and goes in to a ceiling or attic space, there is trouble brewing.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Most condo's have a maintenance group. I would ask them before doing anything on my own (trying to find someone to do it) and if they don't someone runs the condo association and they should know who to call to do the work.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
Most condo's have a maintenance group. I would ask them before doing anything on my own (trying to find someone to do it) and if they don't someone runs the condo association and they should know who to call to do the work.
Perfect: only work in your spaces. Otherwise communicate with the association manager or officers. Been a condo assoc. volunteer officer!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
nicole

Rather than start a new thread- I have another question-sort of on the same track.

Can anyone recommend a company that can clean my air ducts?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #8
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Rather than start a new thread- I have another question-sort of on the same track.

Can anyone recommend a company that can clean my air ducts?
Anything that deals with the inside of the complex and is part of the complex I again say what I said before which is "Most condo's have a maintenance group. I would ask them before doing anything on my own (trying to find someone to do it) and if they don't someone runs the condo association and they should know who to call to do the work"
Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
nicole

Quote:
Anything that deals with the inside of the complex and is part of the complex I again say what I said before which is "Most condo's have a maintenance group. I would ask them before doing anything on my own (trying to find someone to do it) and if they don't someone runs the condo association and they should know who to call to do the work"
Actually-not in the case of where I live. We have no maintenance group and these things are MY responsibility. And no we don't have a condo board at the time either so I have no one to ask.

Thanks

Nicole
Old 02-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #10
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Actually-not in the case of where I live. We have no maintenance group and these things are MY responsibility. And no we don't have a condo board at the time either so I have no one to ask.

Thanks

Nicole
Whoops, in that case I take back all that I said. Do you have heat by any other means then electric heat (oil/gas) that you may call your dealer and get some advice from them as they may even do that type of work.
nicole (02-24-2009)
Old 02-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #11
nicole

Quote:
Whoops, in that case I take back all that I said. Do you have heat by any other means then electric heat (oil/gas) that you may call your dealer and get some advice from them as they may even do that type of work.
I have propane and of course I can call the dealer and I guess I will probably end up doing that. I was just hoping that someone on here had a positive personal experience with a local company as I want a company with a good track record and also I prefer to give my business to local companies whenever I can.

Thanks again

Nicole
Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
RLW

Smile

Quote:
I have propane and of course I can call the dealer and I guess I will probably end up doing that. I was just hoping that someone on here had a positive personal experience with a local company as I want a company with a good track record and also I prefer to give my business to local companies whenever I can.

Thanks again

Nicole
That is very understandable and most of us feel that way, however having one's air ducts cleaned is not an every day happening. I bet that most people do not have it done in their life time. That being said, I believe that you might have a hard time finding someone that has had that particular type of work performed.
Wish you luck and success.
RLW
nicole (03-11-2009)
Old 02-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #13
no-engine

Quote:

Thanks Nicole
Can you write where the "condo" is? If you do not care to be specific, an area or a city/town?
Did you say your dryer's fuel is propane? Whatever the fuel is, contact the fuel dealer. You could contact a company who sells the brand of dryer.

I do know a builder, a one-man company often with his son, in Gilford who is very honest and reliable. He's done building from an entire home to small additions. He would be great at cleaning and making it efficient if necessary.

Back to condo situation: by definition a condominium is from two units to whatever, who own their unit individually and certain common areas together, which can not be divided; so, by deed there is a set of by-laws for the group of units. Being a part of a condominium requires self education; at least for me it was. I do not own the unit any longer.

PS: not intended to be a lecture, just info.
The Following User Says Thank You to no-engine For This Useful Post:
nicole (03-11-2009)
Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #14
angela4design

Default 5 Star

Five Star Air Duct Cleaning (John) in Meredith at 707-1097.

I wrote it down just the other day for a friend after I heard it on the radio! It must be 'that time of year'!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to angela4design For This Useful Post:
nicole (03-11-2009)
Old 03-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
RLW

Smile

Quote:

Thanks again

Nicole
I just ran across this in the Baysider newspaper. It's what your looking for, but is it in your location???
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #16
angela4design

Default Same guy!

Yep, that's the same guy! I hadn't seen the ad, I just heard about it. I think they're based in Meredith.
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #17
SIKSUKR

707 is a Merideth exchange number.
nicole (03-11-2009)
Old 03-11-2009, 07:36 AM   #18
nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela4design View Post
Five Star Air Duct Cleaning (John) in Meredith at 707-1097.

I wrote it down just the other day for a friend after I heard it on the radio! It must be 'that time of year'!
Angela-did your friend utilize their serivces yet? I would be interested in hearing how it went.

If anyone has experience with Five Star Air Duct Cleaning, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post!

Nicole