Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
wMw

Thumbs up Quiet Snowy Night at Karen and Barry's

Having had enough shoveling we headed out to run a few errands. Deciding that cooking after shoveling was not going to be an option, we quickly dropped a week's worth of groceries at home, got back into the car and drove through the still falling snow to Karen and Barry's. Housemate wanted to turn back because of the snow beginning to accumulate on the road, but I was driving, and the snow tires were doing their job and it is only 4 miles from home. Turning around just was not an option ----> Destination----> Karen and Barry's

The "OPEN" sign was lit up and the parking space at the front door was available (hmmm...all the parking spaces were available). As usual the Chicken Parm and the Chicken Picata were AWESOME!!! To see the rest of the menu check out their website:

www.karenandbarrysitalianbistro.com/KandBMenu

It was nice having the place to ourselves and getting to chat with both Karen and Barry, but I wish that more people would find this comfortable little bistro where the food is always fresh (even if you are the only customers and they weren't expecting you) and soooo yummy...I just want them to still be in business the next time we don't want to cook at my house.

Sing...Dance...Love...Live deliberately!!!
wMw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wMw For This Useful Post:
partsman (01-24-2011), sa meredith (01-25-2011)
Old 01-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
wMw

Default Housemate says...

...she's going to visit the forum and tell us about her Karen and Barry's experience. Maybe she'll stick around once she's had a "look-see".

Sing...Dance...Love...Live deliberately!!!
wMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
sa meredith

Default winter hours

Always go to Guiseppi's (sp?) when over that way...pretty regularly in summer.
But have been meaning to stop here for awhile.
Next week, driving up for the pond hockey tourney and we'll try them for sure.
Does anyone know if they keep regular hours, on weekdays, during the winter months?
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Does anyone know if they keep regular hours, on weekdays, during the winter months?
SA, did you mean hours for Karen & Barry's or Guiseppe's? I don't know if you've Googled them yet but hours are as follows;

KAREN & BARRY'S BISTRO;
Now open at 5:00pm, Tuesday thru Sunday
And then they have something about Summer Hours at the bottom of their home page but I didn't bother to copy them here since we're still in winter! Follow the link here to see for yourself.

GUISEPPE'S;
Open Daily - Year Round ~ Entertainment Nightly
Serving Lunch and Dinner Seven Days a Week!
Sunday through Thursday 11:00am - 9:45pm
Friday and Saturday 11:00am - 10:45pm.
BAR IS OPEN NIGHTLY (Until Last Call!)
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfeboro_Baja For This Useful Post:
sa meredith (01-27-2011)
Old 01-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
sa meredith

Default thanks

K and B...on the menu I read it gave summer hours...and I guess I missed the winter hours.
Thanks.
Givng them a try next week.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
karen47

Default karen & barry's

Hi folks, I am sorry for not writing sooner but just got on the forum today. We are open 7 days a week from 5-9 all winter,but if it is at the beginning of the week and it is slow we end up closing at 8pm but thursday through saturday we are open till 9pm
karen47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #7
Winnisquamguy

My wife, and I went in for dinner last Saturday night for dinner, had an awesome meal along with an appetizer. Didn't care so much for the wine, but Karen took it off the bill. We will definitely be back!
karen47 (02-06-2011), wMw (01-28-2011)
Old 01-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
katiejjw

Thumbs up The Best Little Restaurant

My friend and I always go to Karen & Barry's Italian Bistro, it is the best food around. The chicken parm I can actually say is to die for. So tender and yummy. Karen is not cranky, she is down to earth and says it like it is and if she not attentive 100% it's because they are busy. She always welcomes everyone that comes through the door, no matter what she is doing, she hears the bell and she pokes her head out and smiles and says hi, she is funny and makes you feel right at home, so doesn't Barry when he gets a chance to come out from behind the kitchen. How anyone can say she is cranky doesn't know her well enough and doesn't go there enough. People need to go to Karen & Barry's in Meredith, it's right on Main St across from the Post Office, you can't miss it. If you miss it, shame on you, because the food is terrific. Come people give them a try and help them stay in business, the price is right and the food is great.
katiejjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
KonaChick

enthusiastic "thumbs up"
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #10
Sunset View

Karen is a hoot.............food is always consistently fabulous! Veal Parm and calamari are to die for. Great value , good portions and clean.

Karen and Barry are above all good people!

Hands down over Guisseppes!
Sunset View is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunset View For This Useful Post:
Sunrise Point (01-29-2011), wifi (01-29-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #11
karen47

Default karen & barrys italian bistro

Hi folks, I want to thank everyone who has written about us, one thing I have learned from owning a business up here is how great all the people are up here. We hope that anyone who has not tried us will try us from all the posts they see here, our prices are very reasonable. We are going to be writing a new menu for the spring and we are going to get a char broiler and add steaks and burgers. So thanks for all the positve and hope to serve you soon. Barry
Old 02-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen47 View Post
Hi folks, I want to thank everyone who has written about us, one thing I have learned from owning a business up here is how great all the people are up here. We hope that anyone who has not tried us will try us from all the posts they see here, our prices are very reasonable. We are going to be writing a new menu for the spring and we are going to get a char broiler and add steaks and burgers. So thanks for all the positve and hope to serve you soon. Barry
I wonder if you would be kind enough to describe exactly where you are located as I did drive up Main Street looking and did not see your restaurant. I was driving so I may not have been able to search as keenly as if I had been walking. Would like to give your place a try this year.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #13
karen47

Default finding our restaurant

if your coming from the set of lights, just head up the hill and go by the town hall then the chinese restaurant and you will see the little park on your right and we are the next building, it is white with green trim. dont be fooled from the outside we seat 50 in our dining room and we have a 10 seat bar and we have a screened in patio in the back for the summer.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
karen47

Default K&B's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
My wife, and I went in for dinner last Saturday night for dinner, had an awesome meal along with an appetizer. Didn't care so much for the wine, but Karen took it off the bill. We will definitely be back!
To Winnisquamguy, The next time you come in tell either Karen or myself what kind of wine you enjoy and I will have it for you when you come in.
The Following User Says Thank You to karen47 For This Useful Post:
Winnisquamguy (02-09-2011)
Old 02-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #15
Hermit Cover

Default Really good ....

With Mrs. HC away on business...I treated myself to another really, really good dinner at Karen and Barry's last night.. With all the great compliments Barry gets on his culinary skills...."Chicken Parm to die for"....I can say the my plate of chicken parmesan was really good...half of it went home with me for dinner tonite. It's nice to know that one can always find a meal that is tasty, reasonably priced, and well served with a well-rounded menu.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #16
SIKSUKR

Anybody have the Saltambocca? I need to try theirs.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #17
Happy Gourmand

Default Saltamboca

I have..it's fabulous!!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
SIKSUKR (02-14-2011)
Old 02-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #18
tricia1218

Thumbs up

We enjoyed a great dinner at Karen & Barry's on Saturday night, I thought Karen was pleasant and the food was great. Even my dad who is a little particular about his food thought the food was really good. We will definetly be back!
tricia1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tricia1218 For This Useful Post:
wMw (02-22-2011)