Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-21-2015, 06:40 AM   #1
Monarch Vu

Question Lowrance Elite 7 Help

This is our first chartplotter and we need help on use. Running Naviance Premium. The directions for use do not explain how to set up and use. Internet video's are mostly about fishing with it. Want to set up trails to follow to main points on Winni. We dock at Parker Marine. I searched for sites with information or a dealer who could help. Bought at Cabella's and had no luck when we went back for help.
Monarch Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #2
playinghooky

Default Lowrance 7 help

I have the Elite 4 which has the same instructions as the 7 (I believe). The "Trails' section is kind of confusing. Basically you have to clear the trail before you start. Then make sure the trail is displayed and recorded. Then you take the route that you want to save and before you go anywhere else you have to "save" the trail. It's not very user friendly to do but okay if you want to save a particular track.
A much easier way to do it is to set up "routes". This can be done by moving the curser on the map to make waypoints along the route that you want to setup. Then save the route. It is much easier than messing with the "Trails" and the instructions in the manual are much easier to follow and can be done while sitting at the dock. The internal map seems very accurate.
There is an option in one of the menus that allow you to change the base map from "Lowrance" to "Navionics". The Navionics map shows more details (island names) for the lake so you should make that change also.
The more that you play around with it the easier it will become.
playinghooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:36 PM   #3
Tired of Waiting

Default Playing is right.

I have the elite 7.

You can use trails but have to clear the current trail then run the course you want to save and then save it. Which means you have to boat the trail to get what you want.

Use routing and you can use the curser to set way points on the map where you want them then make a route using the waypoints. Not very hard and you don't have to leave the dock to get the route you want.

I happen to use both methods. I make trails when fishing cause I'm already on the water and moving. I use routing to get from the dock to another place.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote