Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Unhappy MacKinnon - My Dear Boy

MacKinnon

September 2, 2000 - February 27, 2012

Sadly, we had to put my beloved Mac down last Monday. He had become increasingly aggressive and was becoming a real danger, especially to myself and to Bailey. This was not something we took lightly and tried everything we could to avoid this outcome. We consulted with several veterinarians, read books, made changes in our care along with adding pain and anxiety medications. It was likely that he suffered from a touch dog dementia in addition to arthritis in his hips. These measures did buy us extra and precious time with him, which I greatly treasure. Having to put him down was the most difficult thing I have ever had to deal with in my life. I am missing my baby boy terribly and don't know how I am going to handle going to the lake without him. He's been at the lake as long as we have.

Bailey is such a comfort and I thank God that my friends encouraged me to overlap dogs.
I know in my heart that we made the right decision. He almost killed Bailey last weekend.
I could have never forgiven myself if that had happened.

A true Lake Winnipesaukee dog, Mac loved water sports of any kind, hiking, boating and loafing in the sun.
He loved biting at waves. He guarded us against ducks, airplanes and thunder.
The rock to the left of the splash and mostly out of the shot was named Mac's Rock when we arrived on the island.
One of his most favorite haunts.

Goodbye my sweet boy. I will miss you until the day I die.
You were the best and smartest dog that we have ever had and I thank you for being my friend.

Your sense of humor was incredible, always finding ways of making mummy laugh.
You trained our Bailey girl well and you live on in her with mannerisms that she learned from you.
No doubt she will pass along some of these traits to a future pup.
I love you forever MacKinnon. 11 1/2 years was just not enough. I had planned on at least 15.

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 03-06-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
RG's Mom (03-19-2012)