Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
Islander

I got the joke right away. He was making fun of himself. Most people make fun of others!

Gilligan, posting private messages is against forum rules.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
B R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
I got the joke right away. He was making fun of himself. Most people make fun of others!

you are a hypocrite. On this thread on post # 69 you took a Private message from me (which was a reply to yours accusing me of trying to find out who you are) and posted it's contents. I forget; you only care about the rules when they don't apply to you.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5030
Old 05-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
Bear Islander

Default People that live in Glass Cabins

Quote:
Originally Posted by B R View Post
you are a hypocrite. On this thread on post # 69 you took a Private message from me (which was a reply to yours accusing me of trying to find out who you are) and posted it's contents. I forget; you only care about the rules when they don't apply to you.

You are correct about number 69. Look back a few posts and see yourself doing the same thing.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
B R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
You are correct about number 69. Look back a few posts and see yourself doing the same thing.
not quite. first off, i am not the one sighting rules i have already broken. secondly, she accused me of doing something i was not doing. i did not appreciate her tone in the pm. i did not want to go through a pm exchange with her, so i communicated through the forum instead of a pm. i told her that her accusation was false; i NEVER copied from her PM and posted it on the site. it is not the same thing.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
hazelnut

Quote:

Personally with post #69 and the behavior I've seen on this and other threads I am AMAZED at Don's patience with Islander and baffled that Islander is not moderated. Just my humble opinion though.

The original post in this thread was hilarious and I point back to how funny it is when summarized in such a concise manner. It guess it has turned into a playground argument. It will be great when the vote is finally heard. Then we can all argue over whether or not the Governor will sign it.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
alsadad

Cool Celebrate

So, HB847 is scheduled for a vote in the NH Senate on Thursday. Since I've tried my hand at summarizing something that has already happened, I thought, what the heck, I’ll try summarizing something that hasn't happened yet. As Phoenix says, it's tough to make predictions especially about the future, so I'll hedge my bets:

If HB 847 is enacted:Celebratory meeting at an undisclosed island location.
Attendee #1. Kindly pass the cracked pepper water crackers.
#2. Would you care for some brie with that?
#3. Hey, this Cheez-Whiz'll really perk that up for ya. $2.99 a case at Wal-Mart
#4. These canapés are exquisite.
#5. I wonder if this champagne would lose its effervescence in outer space.
#6. If I use my telephoto lens and take a picture that's slightly out of focus while hanging from the chandelier, that wine bottle and shrimp cocktail will look like an ocean racer running down a naked kayaker at full throttle in the Weirs Channel.
#7. Stop it. We won. You don’t need to do that stuff anymore.

Chairman: the meeting will now come to order. First, I'd like to congratulate all of you. Thanks to your hard work, those rubes in the NH Senate fell for it! Now, for our first order of business, all in favor of the motion to petition the NH Legislature for a law banning black flies say "Aye."

Chorus of "Aye."

#8. Sorry I'm late. I had to paddle all the way over from Squam. We've got to do something to keep those big, scary, fast cars off of 25B.

If HB 847 does not pass:Celebratory meeting at an unnamed beach bar.
Attendee #1: Let's get that keg tapped
#2. These Cheese Doodles rock.
#3. Did you see those wimpy kids start crying when I swamped their canoe? What are they so afraid of?
#4. Yeah, I thought the camp director was gonna wet his pants. Way cool!
#5. I heard it's supposed to rain on our poker run this Saturday.
#6. Bummer, dude. All my buddies from Lake George, Sebago and Oregon are trailering their Cigarettes here for the weekend.
#7. Some guy in a beige boat told me that 35 was inappropriate for the Channel. I said, “You're right, pal. But if you fire up those blue lights and clear some of these boneheads out of my way, I could make some real good time.”

Chairman: the meeting will now come to order. First, I'd like to congratulate all of you. Thanks to your hard work, those rubes in the NH Senate fell for it! Now, for our first order of business, all in favor of the motion to petition the NH Legislature for a law banning black flies say "Aye."

Chorus of "Aye."

#8. Sorry I'm late. My NorTech needs a full head of steam to make the jump from Squam to Center Harbor but some elderly couple in an old wooden Chris Craft kept getting in the way.

Well, at least everyone agrees about the black flies.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #7
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsadad View Post
So, HB847 is scheduled for a vote in the NH Senate on Thursday. Since I've tried my hand at summarizing something that has already happened, I thought, what the heck, I’ll try summarizing something that hasn't happened yet. As Phoenix says, it's tough to make predictions especially about the future, so I'll hedge my bets:

Well, at least everyone agrees about the black flies.
SPOT ON! Pure genius.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #8
Islander

Quote:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ad.Phip?t=5030
You are correct, except for the hypocrite part. I posted a PM from you. A while later it was pointed out to me that it was a violation of forum rules. That is why, when Gilligan said he was going to post a PM, I gave him that reminder. I should informed him in a PM to prevent the drama.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #9
codeman671

Quote:
You are correct, except for the hypocrite part. I posted a PM from you. A while later it was pointed out to me that it was a violation of forum rules. That is why, when Gilligan said he was going to post a PM, I gave him that reminder. I should informed him in a PM to prevent the drama.
Give it a rest. If our Webmaster thought that either of you was in any serious violation on this, I am sure he would have taken action.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
Merrymeeting

alsadad,

Thank you for your comic whit and the most intelligent writing seen among all the posts. I hope you continue to post even after this debate wanes.

Perhaps then your humor won't be lost almost immediately in the, "yes you did., no I didn't. yes you did! no I didn't! You did! I didn't!" noise.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #11
chipj29

Quote:

I doubt that posting a message, private or otherwise, that he himself wrote, is violating any rules.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:32 AM   #12
Gilligan

Angry Yet another attempt at spin from an Islander

Quote:
Another one of those things that you say because it helps you and your friend BI. Me pointing out another misleading post by BI may hurt your cause but it is not against forum rules. Show me that rule Islander, Are you a self appointed forum policeman?

You speed limit proponents seem to have your own way to read rules. The forum rules forbid posting info, "...invasive of a person's privacy,..."

I sure CAN post letters sent to me. Particularly when it contradicts what Bear Islander is publicly trying to have you believe about me or proves his attempt to discredit me.

What is against the rules is posting something like this: Joe Forum Member lives ****.... That is an invasion of privacy, even if he sends it to me in PM it is private information. You, BI and a few others seem to debate by distracting from the issues that make you look bad.

Please show me the forum rule you believe I violated and prevents me from posting forum related mail I received. Or reply with spin.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #13
Mashugana

Thumbs up alsadad come back

alsadad, come back. You have not posted to this thread for over 2 weeks. We need your insight.

Any new predictions over the last 2 weeks? We need more intelligent posts from you.

Thank you and thanks to Webmaster.

Safe water use for everyone