Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2007, 08:16 AM   #1
donnamatrix

Default Exciting Fishing Derby News

As reported earlier, the Fishing Derby is GO for February 10-11. In addition to the Friday night Ice Fishing Panel Discussion at Mill Falls, another NEW event associated with the Derby will take place on Saturday February 10. This will be a FREE ice fishing clinic designed for youngsters (directed toward kids 12 and under), but FREE to everyone. Karina Jolles, who is the coordinator for NH Fish & Game's "Let's Go Fishing" Department, will conduct this fun event.

The 1st Annual Derby Ice Fishing Clinic will take place at 11am and again at 2pm on the ice, near the Derby Headquarters trailer on Meredith Bay (near the boat ramp). A roped-off area near the trailer will be secured and clearly marked with signs.

The presentation will address questions like: Why people ice fish. How do you ice fish? How to drill a hole using an auger. How to rig and bait a tip-up. What type of bait to use. How to land and clean your fish. How to stay warm. How to register your fish and be eligible for BIG prizes.

So, get ready, dress warmly, and come learn the secrets of ice fishing!!!
See you there.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Think this big kid may have to attend, can't tell you how many times I've been ice fishing and caught nothing. I always thought how tough can this be? Drill a hole in the ice, drop in some bait and the fish will come right? LOL apparently it's not that easy. Good to hear everything is a go for next weekend and the ice conditions are looking good for riding the sled too.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
20mile

Default who would have guessed it two weeks ago

That's good news for the local area businesses. I know this is a big weekend for them.
20mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
IFish

Has anyone heard if the Fish & Game has stocked this year's tagged rainbows yet?

Aloha,
Brian
PS: I watched one weighed in last year, that had a very dirty, very hard to read, tag. I'd have to assume that one was a hold over.