Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
Lakegeezer

Default Skiing Season Pass Deals?

Are there any good deals to be had this year for season passes? When the American Ski Company dissolved, it looks like the deals did too. It sure would be nice to see a "New Englander" pass - but I'd settle for a Ski 93 or "pick 3" pass for something around $500. The Sunday River / Sugerloaf pass costs that much, but Sugerloaf isn't much of an option from the lakes region and being locked into Sunday River isn't a good option. If season passes aren't the answer this year - are there discount tickets available? Out west in Colorado and Utah, there are always deals in the grocery stores and ski shops. And while I'm dreaming - wouldn't it be nice to be able to buy morning only 1/2 day passes?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:37 AM   #2
SIKSUKR

I've held two passes for the last 4 years LG.I always bought my Cannon pass for the last 30 years.This year I bought mine early for $445.The ASC pass was a supplemental pass cuz it was so cheap.I won't buy it this year.Since ASC was dissolved,Pass prices everyway will be substantially higher.We had it pretty good for many years but I think those days are gone.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Thumbs up Agree with SS

I have been buying the threedom pass for the pass 7 years and now it is priced very high. Gunstock had a promotion for their season pass this year, but I don't like to be 'locked' to a single mountain. I hear Ragged is offering a $199 ski pass, but I have not confirm it.

This year I am going out to Colorado on Columbus Day Weekend to get my Colorado Pass. For $399 you can ski any of the Summitt County ski areas with no restrictions. For $40 more you can add Vail. You break even in about 5 days. The past two years, I have skied about 10 days a season in Colorado. If you plan ahead, you can get round trip tickets from MHT to DEN for about $200. You can get lodging in Summit County for about $80 double occupancy. You don't need a car as there is plenty of public transportation.

http://snow.com/passsales/

The snow has been great in the past 3 years. I'm planning on spending more time in CO this season. Anybody wants to join me?

Last edited by BroadHopper; 09-27-2007 at 03:45 PM.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #4
Mike M.

Default Loon, Waterville, Cranmore for $279!

For any college student taking 12 or more credits you are eligible for the threedom pass for $279.

Its good for unlimited skiing or boarding at Loon, Waterville, and Cranmore.

Use this link, under season passes, select Anytime College Pass.

https://store.loonmtn.com/loon/onest...egerep_metcalf

Enjoy!
Mike M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #5
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Gunstock

Here's the link to SEASON's PASSES prices at gunstock.

....basically $469 for adults, however, if you own property in Belknap County you get an additional discount.

Does anyone know the price for property owners Belknap County?
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2007, 07:58 AM   #6
Lakegeezer

Default New England Pass available

I'm not excited about this, but prices may be better in a year or two. Boyne Mountain corp bought Sunday River, Sugarloaf and Loon.
- article here - They offer a "New England Pass" for skiing at all three, with 14 blackout days at $699. The ThreeDum pass (Loon and Waterville) will still be sold this season. At $700, I'll stick to buying day tickets (discounted if I can find them), giving me a chance to ski Cannon, Jay Peak and where ever.... hopefully Boyne will realize diminished revenue with their greed and come back to earth with their prices next year.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #7
SIKSUKR

I checked Loon's pass page and there was no mention of a combined pass with SR and SL.The Maine pass for SR and SL is $699 for unlimited and $499 for 12 blackout days.By the way,Boyne did not purchase Loon but did enter an agreement with owners Booth Creek to manage it.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
SIKSUKR

I stand corrected.Although I couldn't find a New England pass on Loon's website I did find this announcement about it.$699 for the silver(12 blackouts) and $899 for the Gold.
http://news.alpinezone.com/17773/
Old 09-28-2007, 05:19 PM   #9
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

We bought threedom passes last year and just made them pay off. With the increase it will not happen this year so we will vote with our feet. It looks like some day passes and more snowmobiling this year!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:58 AM   #10
fatlazyless

Friday Nov 30, two days away, is the last day for buying the cheapest adult ski pass(19 years+, non-college) good for all but he busiest saturdays and holidays at WV, Cranmore & Loon, www.threedompass.com. At $499, it's about $200. more than what it cost last year,but this ski season is looking like it will be better skiing. too .

The snow guns at WV are spewing the white stuff onto Upper White Caps which is a top to bottom trail. Already, another top to bottom trail, Tippiecanoe-Periphery has opened, so this season is looking pretty good what with all the cold temps of late.

Maybe this is the year to forget about skiing WV and head north 30 minutes on up to Cannon Mountain www.cannonmt.com. Let's see....way way better views, twofer tuesday & thursday @ 2/$60, wednesdays-NH residents (that's me) $25 each,

Cannon has 60 trails, 9 lifts... . Cannon has the longest vertical drop in NH and a very interesting aerial tramway and terrain and views which shout MOUNTAIN, unlike Loon, WV, Bretton Woods, and Sunapee which are just big hills.

Plus, probably no unwanted music coming from 20 different speakers all over the base area.

Like, why should I spend 500 dollars to ski mediocre WV, what with the tues-wed-thurs deals at big mountain, Cannon.........hmmmmm...the wheels are turning?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-28-2007 at 10:17 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #11
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless
Maybe this is the year to forget about skiing WV and head north 30 minutes on up to Cannon Mountain www.cannonmt.com. Let's see....way way better views, twofer tuesday & thursday @ 2/$60, wednesdays-NH residents (that's me) $25 each,

Cannon has 60 trails, 9 lifts... . Cannon has the longest vertical drop in NH and a very interesting aerial tramway and terrain and views which shout MOUNTAIN, unlike Loon, WV, Bretton Woods, and Sunapee which are just big hills.

Plus, probably no unwanted music coming from 20 different speakers all over the base area.

Like, why should I spend 500 dollars to ski mediocre WV, what with the tues-wed-thurs deals at big mountain, Cannon.........hmmmmm...the wheels are turning?
Geez FLL,we finally have some comman ground.You spell out many reasons why I have had passes at Cannon for 30+ years.Don't forget about one big reason,way less crowds.My pass this year was $445 which breaks even at mere7 1/2 days!Now that's a deal even FLL would endorse even if Judd Gregg had paid taxes on his lottery winnings!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:50 AM   #12
codeman671

Default You need a new car...

Buy or lease a new Volvo. They are giving two Threedom passes with every car delivered currently as well as smokin' deals on their cars. The passes are worth more than the down payment we put on the lease. With Volvo lease rates at around 1% for a 24 month commitment and free dvd headrests thrown in as well you can't beat it!
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote