Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2004, 09:26 AM   #1
Janie

Default East of the Suez -- 8.5

My husband and I ate at the East of the the Suez (on Rt. 28 a little outside of downtown Wolfeboro). I was extremely, pleasantly surprised. I have been wanting to go for at least two summers and finally made the trip... with my two boys. The decor and ambience is very nice. (Some may think you can judge a book by its cover when it comes to restaurants but this is not the case at East of the Suez.) We brought our own wine; they supplied the bottle opener and glasses. (They do not serve liquor but I like BYOB.) They have some of their regular apps. and entrees on their menu (see thier website), but they have daily specials, too. So, if you do visit their website keep in mind that their is double the menu when you arrive due to the daily specials.

The food was excellent, service was perfect and extremely pleasant. It was a little chilly last night so, we chose to eat inside but they have a great deck with screens. If you like the busy, seat'em, feed'em and get them out to fill the seat up... rushed kind of dinner. This place is not for you. It was quiet but they had great music playing in the background and you could here the sounds of people enjoying their company and meals. We had a reservation for 6 PM and were out at 8 PM. It was very relaxing. Well, again, it was just me and my husband. We arranged for a babysitter.

I would definitely recommend that you check it out. Let us know what you think! Oh! Call ahead. You need to make reservations. The owner explained that Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays are their busiest days. They are closed on Mondays. We were there on a Tuesday and it was not crowded but there was an ample amount of visitors so, we did not feel like we were all alone (which is not always a bad thing).

~Jane
Tuftonboro, NH
Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:39 PM   #2
pmj

Thumbs up East of Suez is best kept secret

Coincidentally we have a reservation for tonight at East of Suez. Most people would drive right by this cool little restaurant, but truthfully it is Wolfeboro's best kept secret. Bring cash or check, though because along with BYOB, they don't accept credit cards.
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote