Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
garysanfran

Default Metrocast and ABC online?

Wanted to watch the NBA game on my laptop via Metrocast "anywhere'. I can't get ABC. I get a message that Metrocast does not provide streaming in my area. Called Mwtrocast and the lady I spoke to had the same problem trying to access ABC and had no answers other than to tell me I would not be watching the NBA game tonight via Metrocast anywhere...Not even somewhere! She said she would report the problem.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:29 AM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

I hate basketball, but perhaps you can see it on WMUR streaming. I have watched their newscasts on line, don't know if they offer regular programming.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 06-02-2017, 07:55 AM   #3
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Roku Stick

Is the answer to all your streaming problems. Just make sure you have high speed internet!
Old 06-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #4
Merrymeeting

Below is from the ABC website. This is not a Metrocast issue. It is a limit put on by ABC (and pretty much all the major networks). You would see the same issue with any ISP. I had the same with Verizon in FL and TDS here.

PS: And the problem would still be there with the Roku or other similar devices.

-----------------------------------------------------

Where is the live stream available?

The ABC live stream is currently available in the following markets: Chicago, Fresno, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham and San Francisco with a participating TV provider. Customers with a DirecTV subscription in the following markets will also be able to watch the ABC live stream: Albuquerque, Boston, Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, Jackson (Mississippi), Kansas City, Milwaukee, Monterey-Salinas, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Pittsburgh, Portland-Auburn (Maine), Savannah and West Palm Beach. You must be located within each available station's local viewing area and must verify your participating TV provider account for access to the ABC live stream in your area. It's included with your TV subscription services. Program substitutions may apply

The ABC live stream for your local station is determined by your physical location. You must access the ABC live stream within each available station's local viewing area. Although it's currently available in select U.S. cities, we are working to make it available to all of our viewers.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:13 AM   #5
Orion

Default working at the lake

Currently live-streaming WMTW ABC affiliate using ABC app on iPhone with DirecTV subscription here on Cow Island.

The app picks the station based on your location. WMTW is Portland Maine.

Last edited by Orion; 06-04-2017 at 10:15 AM. Reason: clarity
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links