Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
gokart-mozart

Default Last Ride/First Ride

My boat (19' Glastron bow rider) lives on Lake Wentworth, I've only been on Winni 4-5 times in my life on other's boats (not counting M/S Mount Washington).

We store at Lane's End Marina in Winter Harbor (great place, BTW). For years, I've wanted to return the boat on the water, but between getting a day off, getting the weather right, getting the kids right, not waiting too long in the year, etc., it never happened. Until today.

Armed with a Bizer paper chart, we left Wolfeboro Back Bay about 10 am, 76F and light SW breeze. The ride to Tuftonboro Neck was easy, lots of funny crisscross waves from other boat wakes.

With my first mate on the chart, the Barber Pole area and the Graveyard were simple. Tied up at Lane's End by 10:50 or so, and said goodbye until May.

Thanks to all for helpful tips about "The Big Lake" over the years. The day was perfect.

I might even do it again sometime. I think I'd pop for the iPad Winnipesaukee Bizer navigation app, I already have Bad Elf GPS for other purposes on the iPad. Not sure about that open bow, though, on a windy day.

Hmmm.... Maybe time for a new boat???
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote