Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
HodgePodgeCOttage

Red face Private Homes/Estates for Wedding?

Does anyone have any leads on a lakefront home that allows weddings on the property? We are a local couple looking for some lake front space to host our wedding next summer 2021!
HodgePodgeCOttage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HodgePodgeCOttage For This Useful Post:
Doobs41378 (04-14-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #2
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Waterfront wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodgeCOttage View Post
Does anyone have any leads on a lakefront home that allows weddings on the property? We are a local couple looking for some lake front space to host our wedding next summer 2021!
We have friends who had your requirements several years ago, and after lots of research they decided on Brewster Academy. The ceremony took place near the water, which was lovely....gorgeous day....and the reception was right there..... I would give the entire afternoon/evening a 10. Best wishes!
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:49 AM   #3
Hillcountry

Not sure how much waterfront they have but my wife played organ for a wedding at this place...
https://stjohnsonthelake.org/
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:55 AM   #4
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

I know that the Oliver Lodge has hosted many weddings. It's not a home but feels like it:

https://www.oliverlodge.com/
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (04-13-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #5
Susie Cougar

I don’t know what town you live in, but my son got married at Geneva Point on Moultonborough Neck. It’s a beautiful location by the water and they have cabins to stay in if you have out of town guests.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #6
baygo

Quote:
I think I would look on Airbnb and just book the mansion as a vacation rental and then go from there.

My wife and I had a mansion wedding in New Orleans, we hired a wedding planner who was very helpful.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:44 PM   #7
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
I think I would look on Airbnb and just book the mansion as a vacation rental and then go from there.

My wife and I had a mansion wedding in New Orleans, we hired a wedding planner who was very helpful.
Whoa! The owners of the “mansion” might have a problem renting to wedding revelers....that proposal doesn’t quite pass the smell test.

Last edited by Sue Doe-Nym; 04-13-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #8
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Whoa! The owners of the “mansion” might have a problem renting to wedding revelers....that proposal doesn’t quite pass the small test.
If it does not define “no weddings” in the ad, its easier to ask foreignness then permission.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:13 PM   #9
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
If it does not define “no weddings” in the ad, its easier to ask foreignness then permission.
Nooooooo......the proper and ethical thing to do is to clear your plans with the owner BEFORE renting the place, rather than pulling a sneaky maneuver, hoping you will get away with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
garysanfran (04-15-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 05:42 PM   #10
camp guy

Default Wedding venue ...

I can strongly second Geneva Point on Moultonborough Neck. Total package. My wife and I attended a wedding there and the setting was great - just enough 'formality' to keep it real, and plenty of 'casuality' to keep it fun.

If you are thinking of 2021, you are certainly NOT TOO EARLY to make a commitment.

Good Luck!!
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:14 PM   #11
LakeTimes

My wife and I got married here in the fall of 2017 and loved it! Wouldn't have changed a thing. Owners were super nice, easy to work with and coordinated the professional flower gardens with our wedding colors.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...4_M49564-31476

Happy to put you in touch with the owners if you'd like.
LakeTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 06:53 AM   #12
HodgePodgeCOttage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC19 View Post
My wife and I got married here in the fall of 2017 and loved it! Wouldn't have changed a thing. Owners were super nice, easy to work with and coordinated the professional flower gardens with our wedding colors.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...4_M49564-31476

Happy to put you in touch with the owners if you'd like.

Yes I've been keeping this place in mind! The only downside for me is that it is a 7 night stay which is a little more than I was hoping. I'd love the contact info if you have it!
HodgePodgeCOttage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:01 AM   #13
Descant

Thanked 1,511 Times in 983 Posts
Default Church Landing

My daughter used Church Landing for both outdoor ceremony (tent) and indoor reception. They were outstanding in every respect. She used their in house planner.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:42 AM   #14
LakeTimes

Quote:
Yes I've been keeping this place in mind! The only downside for me is that it is a 7 night stay which is a little more than I was hoping. I'd love the contact info if you have it!
Speaking from first-hand experience I will tell you 7 days might not be long enough. We rented it for 10 days with the first 6 or so days cramming in setup and then the 3 days after the wedding for takedown (this is with about 6-8 people helping that were family). 1-2 days of those days after the wedding was companies coming back to get tables, chairs, tents, toilet trailer, etc. etc. with the rest of the time just for the two of us just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful lake and the gorgeous property they have.

If you are planning on renting a house on a property similar to this, I can't stress enough your need to consider planning, setup and takedown. We were our own wedding planners and I can tell you, you need to be extremely organized and on top of timelines. I'm not sure how large of a wedding you are planning, but we had roughly 130 people when all said and done. We tried to support local as well in renting Molly the Trolly and having everyone park up at the high school in Wolfeboro and the trolly running the entire night to bring people back and forth. We rented a barge for a nice fireworks display so that we wouldn't hurt the property or risk something going wrong with that many people there (which of course requires it's own set of permits etc. etc.). All said, we somehow pulled it off for a fraction that the average person spends on a wedding these days.

If you are willing to be creative and put in the work, you'd be surprised at how much you can save yourselves and how amazing you can make your special day! Going back, my wife and I would say, we wouldn't have changed a thing! :-)
LakeTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LakeTimes For This Useful Post:
Doobs41378 (04-15-2020)
Old 04-15-2020, 11:01 AM   #15
pressman247

You may want to contact the publisher here.
http://www.lakesregionbride.com/
She knows everything Winnipesaukee Bridal Related.
pressman247 is offline   Reply With Quote