Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
jetskier

Post Patricks Pub and Bingo

Funspot Bingo recently changed caterers from Harts Turkey Farm to Patricks Pub. Tonight they held a large stakes game and there was a fairly large crowd. (Nope did not win a thing ).

You used to be able to get a full turkey dinner from Harts for about $7. Things have changed and not for the better. The catering was terrible. The quality of the food was lousy, it was expensive and they did not bring enough food for the event. I hope that both Funspot and Patricks realize that this was extremely badly done.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
Funspot Bingo recently changed caterers from Harts Turkey Farm to Patricks Pub. Tonight they held a large stakes game and there was a fairly large crowd. (Nope did not win a thing ).

You used to be able to get a full turkey dinner from Harts for about $7. Things have changed and not for the better. The catering was terrible. The quality of the food was lousy, it was expensive and they did not bring enough food for the event. I hope that both Funspot and Patricks realize that this was extremely badly done.

Jetskier
Jet, hang in there- Patrick's will get it right! keep us posted though
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
topwater

Well jet, if you going to get on here and bash, please be accurate! The cost of Hart's Turkey dinner was $7.95 not around $7, as far as running out, indeed they did run out, but you didn't say what time you got there? This was Patricks 2nd week of operating there, so just like any resturant, things need to be worked through. As far as comparing Patricks to Harts, with what they offered at Bingo, there is no comparison, All you have to do is look at the menu and see for yourself. Its to bad you didn't get a meal and had to go hungry, but they did offer wings and dogs for most of the time after they were out of the main menu items.
It appears you don't go to bingo often up here, when your up for the week-end. I just hope down there , they don't run out of food at your local bingo in Mass.
topwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
topwater

And No, I didn't win anything either ! There is always next time.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
This'nThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
Well jet, if you going to get on here and bash, please be accurate!
Jet didn't make the change. He just reported it, along with some of his experience. Since when is it "bashing" because someone reports his opinion -- based upon experience? Jet's experience was apparently just like some others. Collectively, these experiences may have contributed to the decision to make the change from Harts to Patricks.

I, for one, appreciate hearing about these experiences. But if the story is consistent with other actions taken, I can also form my own opinion as to whether a person's experience might be universal, or isolated. I have also eaten at Harts, and I think there is room for lots of improvement there.
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #6
jetskier

Post Really!

Thank you "This and That"!

"Topwater", I indicated in my post that the cost was ABOUT $7 when Hart catered the event. FYI I arrived at the event about 5:30 PM and that was over an hour before it actually started. Were you there? Thought not!

I indeed hope that Patricks gets this right in the future. But, they really messed it up last night. I figured that posting here would get their attention to actually correct things.

Jetskier
Old 02-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default go to the source

Quote:
I indeed hope that Patricks gets this right in the future. But, they really messed it up last night. I figured that posting here would get their attention to actually correct things.

Jetskier
Perhaps an email to the source would be appropriate:

http://www.patrickspub.com/index.php

My past experiences with Alan Beetle et al have shown they indeed want to hear of any displeasure by a customer.

Just a thought.
aquadocton (03-04-2009), trfour (02-22-2009)
Old 02-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
momof3

Default No Bashing

In my opinion I didn't think Jet was bashing, When I read it my thought was "hhhmmm- wonder what happened", after I read the third post I went back to read it again ,assuming I had misread it, nothing in the original post struck me as bashing? Again just my opinion.
momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
topwater

Well Jetty, I was there just slightly before you, I did have a very nice Turkey wrap from Patrick's, and I heard rave revues from other about the sirloin that was served. And about the prices you claim were high, what exactly were the foods that were priced high?
The quality of the food was very good, numerous people I heard mentioned it was good. So maybe next year when you come up, there will be a ample supply of edible food for you enjoyment! I hope you win and eat well in Mass.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #10
VitaBene

Default animosity

Top, what is up with the animosity and references to Mass? Jet posted his/her opinion on a forum.

I happen to love Patrick's, but it sounds like they are going through some shakedown issues.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Top, what is up with the animosity and references to Mass? Jet posted his/her opinion on a forum.

I happen to love Patrick's, but it sounds like they are going through some shakedown issues.
Why do you say that part that is underlined, because one person on this thread has an issue???
Old 02-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #12
jetskier

Post Just the facts...

Hi upthesauke,

You are absolutely right. I sent an email directly to Patrick's to articulate the issues of this past Saturday night. I will be quite interested in their response.

topwater - this is getting old...not sure why you want to argue the point, but here is the information.

I arrived at 5:30 pm and after getting my cards, I went to grab a bite to eat. The only choices at that time were as follows:
  1. hot dogs - they did not have rolls at that time and were getting some (don't know why they can not count)
  2. pulled pork pannini - this is what I had and it was awful - stale and lousy - $5.00 for the pleasure
  3. chicken wings - these were dried out and the server tried to pour some sauce from the tray for a patron.

I spent a total of $15 for two sandwiches and two small drinks. In contrast, $15.90 would have bought two full turkey dinners previously when Harts was catering. So, this is expensive IMHO.

By the time the event was half over, Patrick's had closed down completely. You could not get a drink out of the case (grabbed some water from the vending machine). Previously, Harts would have had some decent desserts and been open pretty much for the entire time.

If you think that this was well planned and executed, you have an interesting idea of how this should be done. I know that a number of patrons complained because we talked to the volunteers handling tickets. The manager from Funspot was completely annoyed that someone would even bring this up. This guy probably should be in the back room rather than in front of customers.

OK, I did not want to get so down, dirty and detailed...but those be the facts matey.

Jetskier
Old 02-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
VitaBene

Default No RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
Well jet, if you going to get on here and bash, please be accurate! The cost of Hart's Turkey dinner was $7.95 not around $7, as far as running out, indeed they did run out, but you didn't say what time you got there? This was Patricks 2nd week of operating there, so just like any resturant, things need to be worked through. As far as comparing Patricks to Harts, with what they offered at Bingo, there is no comparison, All you have to do is look at the menu and see for yourself. Its to bad you didn't get a meal and had to go hungry, but they did offer wings and dogs for most of the time after they were out of the main menu items.
It appears you don't go to bingo often up here, when your up for the week-end. I just hope down there , they don't run out of food at your local bingo in Mass.
RLW- I was repeating Topwater's quote- he/she said they needed to work things through. I was not there so cannot comment directly, but the top (pun somewhat intentional) defender of Patrick's on the thread says they need to work things through as did the original poster, Jet.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #14
aquadocton

Quote:

Jetskier
I like the change. Hart's got to the point where every weeknight all you could get was a turkey dinner, no variety. That got old after a few years. I'll check the prices again but I think Patrick's is charging about $8 or $9 for a dinner.
aquadocton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #15
jetskier

Thumbs down Still Lousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadocton View Post
I like the change. Hart's got to the point where every weeknight all you could get was a turkey dinner, no variety. That got old after a few years. I'll check the prices again but I think Patrick's is charging about $8 or $9 for a dinner.
I sent an email to Patrick's Pub via their website at the suggestion of this thread and received no reply. I did contact the Winnipesaukee Historical Society (they are the Saturday night sponsor) and they told me how great Patrick's catering has been. Hmmm...wonder what nights they have been going?

Sooo, I figured that I would give it another shot. Tonight they had lasagna, chowder and hot dogs. I got the lasagna...one piece of lasagna, no sides, no salad, no rolls, nada...$6. From now on, I will eat before I go.

Jetskier
Old 03-14-2009, 05:41 AM   #16
VitaBene

Default Go to Hart's first

Quote:
Sooo, I figured that I would give it another shot. Tonight they had lasagna, chowder and hot dogs. I got the lasagna...one piece of lasagna, no sides, no salad, no rolls, nada...$6. From now on, I will eat before I go.

Jetskier
Jet, I think your best course of action is to go to Hart's on the way to bingo
Old 03-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #17
jetskier

Talking Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Jet, I think your best course of action is to go to Hart's on the way to bingo
Indeed...you can only bang your head against the wall so long.

Jetskier
Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #18
jetskier

Talking Yes

Quote:
Indeed...you can only bang your head against the wall so long.

Jetskier
Of course, it would help to win sometimes too.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #19
HC0209

Thumbs up

I've been to Patrick's a few times and found the food to be appropriate for their pricing. The service and atmosphere were very pleasant. Unlike many of the other dining places in the Lakes Region, it's very roomy too, especially if you have a big crowd.

Last edited by HC0209; 03-19-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling
HC0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #20
jetskier

Post Not the same

Patrick's caters bingo and there is no comparison with what they serve at the actual restaurant. If the fare was comparable, then I believe that there would not be an issue.

I believe that they won't see decent revenue from catering bingo as that is a value oriented crowd. The market always has a way of adjusting these things.

Jetskier
Old 03-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #21
jst_4_kiks

Patrick's Pub is a great place to eat.....love the atmosphere......plenty of room inside for big party's.......great food, reasonable priced......AAA+++

PM with any questions about marine repair
jst_4_kiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #22
VitaBene

Default We love Patrick's too but..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst_4_kiks View Post
Patrick's Pub is a great place to eat.....love the atmosphere......plenty of room inside for big party's.......great food, reasonable priced......AAA+++
That is not Jet's complaint- the issue is at a regularly catered event for Bingo.

I believe you are right Jet, the bingo crowd generally goes for lots of food for as little as possible.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #23
jetskier

Post A weak moment

I have been eating dinner elsewhere prior to Bingo. Incidently, most of the patrons that I have talked to are pretty unhappy with the food. I had a weak moment tonight and bought a brownie. You can not mess up a brownie, right? Wrong! Basically, not cooked and awful.

They continue to serve swill; most people are not eating and I noticed folks sneaking in Wendy's. You would think that Patrick's would be embarrassed by all this; I would if it were my business.

Jetskier