Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2019, 10:04 AM   #1
BTXPRSS

Default Drained internal tank the easy way

I have a 1973 Sea Ray and had someone replace the controls on it and they were supposed to winterize it, they did not. I needed to drain the internal fuel tanks, 10 gallons each. I bought a 3/8 primer bulb and removed the fuel line from the fuel tank switch. I attached the bulb and then attached clear plastic fish tank tubing to the other end and fed it out the drain plug hole in to a gas can. A couple pumps of the bulb and out went all the bad fuel.
BTXPRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
fatlazyless

So now that you have all the old gas removed, what do you do with it? Getting rid of 15-20 gallons of old gasoline seems almost impossible to do?

Best way I can think of is to slowly use it up over something like six months time, by placing 1/2 gallon of old gas into your boat or car so's it gets mixed with maybe 10-20 gallons of good, fresh gas each use and slowly using it up.

So, what's happening with all the old gasoline?
Old 07-24-2019, 07:55 PM   #3
The Real BigGuy

You can take old gas to NEDT’s household hazardous waste collection center in Sutton, MA. They will do pickups but I don’t know if they are limited to picking up in MA. There is a charge for the gas and the pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote