Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > History
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2019, 01:21 PM   #1
Top-Water

Default Ask the experts! Help

Ask the experts!

I'm looking for a little history help about the name of a location / business on Lake Winnisquam at the old bridge for a group of cabin's. I've seen a number of different photos and post cards of the area over the years with them but can not remember what the name of these Cabins was. I highlighted just what I am trying to find out in the photo below.

Obviously the area has changed over the years. Note what it looks like at Winnisquam Marine now. I suspect these cabins were probably taken down / lost to eminent domain when the new bridge was built in the 70's just north of the one in the photo. Probably right around the same time that the Jump'n Jack Restaurant was also lost on the other side of the bridge albeit the Jump'n Jack Restaurant was moved down the road but never reopened.

Anyone know what the name of this little Cabin Colony for lack of a better term? Currently the bridge traffic goes right through this location, so there is nothing there now but the roadway.

Thanks if you can help.

Same photo with no text or arrows, for folks that sometimes like to save these images.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote