Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
hilltopper

Default Season One's Over...Season Two Upcoming????

Well, the weather the next two days is really going to kill the already hurting trails in the Lakes Region. I'm in Meredith and could already see rails being exposed yesterday, especially on the tracks along Waukewan. Gotta believe the hills on the powerline trail are in rough shape also as well as many other areas exposed to the sun.

Anyone have any good news regarding long term weather (the next 3 or 4 weeks)? I see colder temps starting Friday, but no deep freeze type cold to lock up any opened up water bars. Here's hoping that we get at least another couple of weeks of local riding!
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hilltopper For This Useful Post:
WINNOCTURN (02-11-2009)
Old 02-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Unhappy We're All in the same BOAT

hilltopper,

"I feel Your Pain!"

Sunday's warm temp hurt us and now this. We had what looked like enough snow left that with a few cold nights we could put thing back together. Now with the prediction of rain it does not look good at all. There is so much "SLUSH" on the lake now, can you imagine what it will be like with the low temp and rain.

Let's hope thing change soon!

George
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
tpabrad

Ive been watching the weather pretty closely myself as Im coming up at the end of next week and then going over to northern Maine to do some riding for a few days. I know theres plenty of snow up there but the super warm temps today have just been a killer for my excitement
tpabrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
hilltopper

The depressing thing is the timing. With a January thaw we have time to rebuild the base and still have a good season. A mid February thaw though? Realistically snowmobiling lasts until mid March in this area, and that's in an above average Winter. Well, that's 4 to 5 weeks away. I won't say we're starting from scratch here, but close. Best case scenario is to rebuild the snowpack over the next two, two and a half weeks, and get three more weeks of riding. Fingers croseed........
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote