Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2021, 08:03 AM   #1
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,646
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 246
Thanked 800 Times in 571 Posts
Default Dragon boat race-Sept 25-Weirs Beach

Today is Monday Sept 27 and apparently today's Union Leader reports there was a Dragon boat race with 22-Dragon boats held on Saturday, Sept 25 at Weirs Beach and easy to view from the boardwalk. It was a fund raising event for cancer research with each Dragon boat pledged to raise contribution money. Each of the 22-boats had something like ten paddlers on-board, paddling away!

Dang-it ...... totally missed this paddle racing event ..... too bad ..... sounds like a fun racing event to watch what with it being a paddle event with no motors which is a little unusual for a Lake Winnipesaukee race event.

Oh well ..... hopefully, it will return next year!

Any photos or videos out there on the Dragon paddle boat race held on Saturday at Weirs Beach?

You know ..... if someone figured out a way to make paddling a boat sound just like a Harley Davidson ....... this Dragon race could have attracted thousands of spectators ........ budda-budda-bing ..... .... !!!
__________________
.... age-70 & suffering terrible chronic tinnitus ... omg!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:36 AM   #2
SAMIAM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 2,676
Thanks: 264
Thanked 1,418 Times in 490 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Today is Monday Sept 27 and apparently today's Union Leader reports there was a Dragon boat race with 22-Dragon boats held on Saturday, Sept 25 at Weirs Beach and easy to view from the boardwalk. It was a fund raising event for cancer research with each Dragon boat pledged to raise contribution money. Each of the 22-boats had something like ten paddlers on-board, paddling away!

Dang-it ...... totally missed this paddle racing event ..... too bad ..... sounds like a fun racing event to watch what with it being a paddle event with no motors which is a little unusual for a Lake Winnipesaukee race event.

Oh well ..... hopefully, it will return next year!

Any photos or videos out there on the Dragon paddle boat race held on Saturday at Weirs Beach?

You know ..... if someone figured out a way to make paddling a boat sound just like a Harley Davidson ....... this Dragon race could have attracted thousands of spectators ........ budda-budda-bing ..... .... !!!
Guess they didn't promote it very well........would have been fun for a good cause
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:12 AM   #3
Woodsy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Weirs Beach
Posts: 1,772
Thanks: 61
Thanked 824 Times in 357 Posts
Default It was fun!

For a first time event it was pretty fun!

There were about 8 teams.... they shared 2 dragon boats. There were several "local" teams... EastCoast Flightcraft (overall winners) Survivors+ & Weirs Action/ENT (there were other local teams, but their names escape me. There were a couple of "pro" teams from RI & VT. Each team raced at least 3 times. Unfortunately with only 2 boats... the turn around time was painfully slow between heats. They also had to work around the Mount's schedule but that was not a big deal. There were quite a few local sponsors, Flightcraft & Tiki Boats as well as quite a few others!


I believe they raised $30K+ for Gilda's Clubhouse (cancer charity).

This event definitely has the possibility of becoming a HUGE local event. All in all a pretty good time! Then it was up to Red White & Brew @ Funspot for Veterans Count & the Looney Bin Pig Roast for New Beginnings (Local Womens Shelter)!

Fun Saturday!

Woodsy
__________________
The only way to eliminate ignorant behavior is through education. You can't fix stupid.
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:20 PM   #4
garysanfran
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco/Meredith
Posts: 1,195
Thanks: 422
Thanked 507 Times in 249 Posts
Default I stumbled on this...

It was a nice day to do anything outdoors...
Attached Images
 
__________________
Gary
~~~~_/) ~~~
~~~~~~~~
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:50 PM   #5
map
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Weirs
Posts: 177
Thanks: 148
Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts
Default

I did take some photos. It was fun to watch and it was a gorgeous day.
Attached Images
 
map is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2021, 07:55 PM   #6
map
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Weirs
Posts: 177
Thanks: 148
Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Here’s a video I have on my Facebook
Page.

https://www.facebook.com/maryann.pum...833287801358/?
map is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:59 AM   #7
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 3,039
Thanks: 883
Thanked 1,143 Times in 717 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by map View Post
Hereís a video I have on my Facebook
Page.

https://www.facebook.com/maryann.pum...833287801358/?
When I click on the link, FB says no access unless you are a member of a specific group.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:31 PM   #8
map
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Weirs
Posts: 177
Thanks: 148
Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
When I click on the link, FB says no access unless you are a member of a specific group.
Oh darn. I donít know any other way to share it then.
map is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 1.05993 seconds