Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #101
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default The Alberg - For Sale

Got a cool $589,900?
Quote:
A well known local landmark since 1925. The Alberg Inn & Ski Shop is located directly across from the entrance to Gunstock Ski Area, Gilford, NH. The property consist of 10 prime, mostly level areas, with mountain views of Gunstock Ski Area.
Attached Images

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #102
Boardwalk Bluesboy

Default Meredith Station

Here's a matchbook cover from Meredith Station. When the place existed it was my favorite hangout cause they had really good live bands.
Attached Images

Boardwalk Bluesboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #103
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
I heard he tried to commit suicide by jumping in front of a train... but it went through his legs..
Word has it the train moved into the mountains of Colorado and refuses to be interviewed.....

I remember Elvios's Pizza, but do not remember the cafe` before it. I see some work is/was going on inside the building, hopefully someone re-opens it.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:59 AM   #104
ChocolateGypsy

Default Better late than never!

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I was just crusin' the boards and couldn't help myself... these places seemed to have been left off the list... (this is my first post btw!)

The Hi There! (Moultonboro) (Became the Chowder Barn.)
The Country Fare (Moultonboro) (Where Maurice's was/is?)

The Dragon Villa (Weirs Beach -- where the Smokehouse was.)

The Depot (Meredith) (I believe that's what it was called... it was on the hill near Harts... they used an old rail car as a display... someone was shot there... someone fell down the stairs... they were sued... end of story.)

And... does anyone remember there being an A&W drive-in on route 106 in Belmont???

(Ouch! My head hurts!)
ChocolateGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #105
AussieDog

Default Paras Pizza

I guess I should jump in and mention Paras Pizza on Union Ave across from Busy Corner in Laconia. I think they were one of the first pizza only shops in the area. They served only one size pie. 8 inch if remember correctly. The shop was owned by two brothers and they also owned several other shops in NH. One of the brothers would visit each shop on Mondays and make the "secret" sauce for the week. This was in the early 60's. Out of business for years now.

I do miss those pies.

Does anyone remember the fish and chipps shop at the same location prior to the pizza shop? I believe it was owned by St. Pierres
AussieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2011, 06:50 AM   #106
dykg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk Bluesboy View Post
I came across this thread and was surprised to see in the list of extinct restaurants no mention of the Half Moon Restaurant. Doesn't anyone remember the Half Moon Restaurant, at the center of Weirs Beach? It existed for almost 50 years, from the mid-30's through the early 80's. Here's a link to the history of the Half Moon, including the restaurant:

http://www.weirsbeach.com/halfmoon/motel/history.html

Also, does anyone remember Jeans Cafe? It was around for probably 30 years, from the 50's to the early 80's. Later it was Elvios's Pizza, then Mike's NY Pizza. Here is a link to more info about Jean's Cafe:

http://www.weirsbeach.com/topten/rea...tml#station40s
Of course. I remember the Half Moon Restaurant and Jeans Cafe. Also, not mentioned, is the Dragon Villa that was next to the Drive In and JJ Beef Sea where the Weirs Beach Water Slide is now.
dykg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #107
looniac

Default Wakitatina

Samiam, I'm shocked. I'm guessing maybe 1965? If you remember that, chances are you remember Parisi's are well. Not far from the Wak in Meredith as well...
looniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #108
NHBUOY

Lightbulb

Do any of you guys remember "The Pirate's Den" in Wolfboro? That was our friday night go by boat place. My parents loved that place and Dot's in the winter.
NHBUOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:23 AM   #109
Greene's Basin Girl

I remember Parisi's. It was an Italian restaurant. My family use to eat there when I was quite young.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote