Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-14-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Nadia's

Has anyone eaten at Nadia's in Gilford between Shop& Save and Shaw's. It doesn't ever seem to be crowded...wondering about the food.
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:00 PM   #2
Charlie T

Default Nadia's

I was seated at Nadia's once. I ordered a italian meal and was served pasta with what appeared and tasted like campbells tomatoe soup on it for sauce. It was covered in grated cheese( which I had made a point of telling the server not to do). I complained to the "manager" who tried to make me feel like my distaste for the food was a insult. I left never to return. My guess is that if as you said the place always seems empty, there is good reason for it.
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:48 AM   #3
Brian

Thumbs down Nadia's

We went there once in 2001 and have not been back since.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:57 AM   #4
Pepper

Thumbs up Nadia's

I have to rate Nadia's with a huge thumbs up. From the appetizers to the entrees the food is first rate, and each meal is cooked-to-order. Menu items are truly Italian (as opposed to American-Italian). It's important to really read the menu, because if you expect marinara sauce on every pasta dish you order, you're going to be surprised, as it appears the poster above was. However, if you appreciate truly authentic saute, you'll be thrilled to pieces. We dine there on a very regular basis, so much so that we have become good friends with the owners. We've been in their kitchen many times, and I can tell you it's immaculately clean (which is extremely important to me)! I've been there many times and had to wait as much as thirty minutes to be seated - would wait twice that much time if necessary - the food is that good. Go. Enjoy.
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 07:47 PM   #5
Buck

I have to agree with the other posters. This place is empty for a reason. The food is average at best and the service is slowwwwwwww! The owner is Irish and not Italian. Maybe they should try Irish food instead.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2004, 08:18 PM   #6
LillithFaewen

Thumbs up

My husband and I dine there frequently, we had our first experience there in 1999. My daughter and her husband also enjoy Nadia's. Strikes me funny since from what I remember they don't serve pasta with marinara sauce, its not on the menu. They are not open until 4 or 5 as they only serve dinner. The man who seemed to be running the front area was Italian, and the chef who greeted us after dinner was also Italian. I don't remember either of their names unfortunately. All entree's were served with fresh salad, delicious bread, and the portions were huge. Our server was a very polite young lady who was as prompt as possible. Anytime we visit in the summer that place is swamped, and unfortunately they do not take reservations. I give them a huge thumbs up as well, every experience we have had there has been wonderful. It is definately a unique cuisine made with quality ingredients and we will continue to visit. Not to be rude, but i'm also curious Charlie T why you would visit an Italian resteraunt if you don't like parmesan cheese?

Last edited by LillithFaewen; 05-03-2004 at 08:25 PM.
LillithFaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:12 AM   #7
Nadia

Default Nadia of Nadia's

Hello everyone! Before I say anything its nice to meet you all! Just like the name says, I am the Nadia of Nadia's Trattoria. I am also the chef. I've been perusing these boards every couple of months and decided it was time to come and introduce myself!

I do appreciate your comments good and bad. I am also more than willing to hear your comments or suggestions at my e-mail address ChefNadia@aol.com
Although please be forewarned, I will not tolerate rudeness. I realize this post is a little out dated but I see some things that I feel are worth addressing. Furthermore a few misconceptions....

First of all, I can assure you I am very Italian My father was born in the heart of Rome and I have visited there many times. We are not all Irish, whomever told you that is incorrect.

Second, Lillith is correct, we do not serve pasta with red sauce. Nadia's specializes and takes pride in serving authentic Italian cuisine. Nowhere in Italy do you find pepperoni pizza, mozzarella sticks, stuffed shells, or any of cuisine around here that is reffered to as "Italian". Like Pepper said, this is not Americanized food. Like Lillith said, its a unique style. Not everyone is going to appreciate it, and I understand that completely.

One of my biggest problems is--when people come in and order things that are not on the menu to begin with, and then complain about them. I usually don't have a problem with catering to whatever the customer requests, but I'm not so eager to take it back if they don't like it. My motto is, you create it, you buy it.

I have no problem with critisizm, but in order to be fair, I need you to judge on food that I serve--items that are listed on the menu. I do not have time to hear complaints about things that I don't even serve.

Furthermore, the manager your speaking of has been in this business for more than 20 years. I have a difficult time believing that A.) He reacted that way for no good reason, B.) He did nothing to remedy the situation. Charlie T, I see you have posted some other negative things about Nadia's in different threads, and I am very interested in hearing your story. Like I said, I encourage you to e-mail me at ChefNadia@aol.com so I can hear the entire story from your side.

If anyone else wishes to e-mail me, please feel free to do so. If there's anything I can do to make Nadia's more than it already is, I will do it by all means. Although I do need to know the details...what you had, what wasn't right about it, etc.

As far as the parking lot remark, our parking lot has a LOT of spaces. If that parking lot is full, know that we are packed to the maximum capacity. You may be driving by while we are closed, which is on Monday's and Tuesday's until we begin our summer schedule. Please take into consideration that we also do not open till 4 p.m.

Our staff is excellent--we are very lucky to have them. Our facility is immaculate, you could eat off the floor, and I would join you! Our food is fresh, and prepared to order, so yes, you will wait a little longer than your average place, but its worth it. We have a variety of choices, from clams to homemade meatballs, authentic pasta dishes, and nightly specials. We also have low-carb selections such as steak, and steamed haddock.

We feature imported Italian desserts and some homemade as well. I encourage you all to come and give me a try if you haven't! Give me a wave and let me know your here, our kitchen is open, you will surely see me fussing around in there!!

Our Hours Are:
Monday- Closed
Tuesday- Closed
Wednesday- 4:00-9:00
Thursday- 4:00-9:00
Friday- 4:00-10:00
Saturday-4:00-10:00
Sunday-4:00-9:00

Our Telephone Number is: 603-524-8688

We do not have a children's menu, but we will cater to them as needed.
We have a full bar, a smoking section, and a lounge.
We do not accept reservations, but if you have a large party feel free to call us 15 or 20 minutes before your arrival, and we will set aside any available table for a few minutes.
If you have any special function or event you'd like to have Nadia's cater to, please call us!!

I encourage you to e-mail me, as I don't have an awful lot of time to post on here. I do check my e-mail daily, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Without customers Nadia's wouldn't exist.

Our web-site is under construction right now, but when it is complete I will be sure to post the link here!

Thank you!

Nadia Corrado

Last edited by Nadia; 04-07-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:00 AM   #8
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Default We Have Yet To Try Nadia's

Welcome Nadia and thanks for the post.
Just wondering if there is a dress code? Every now and then we are tempted to drop in, but I am usually wearing jeans.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #9
Nadia

Smile Rattlesnake Gal

Hello Rattlesnake Gal,

Pleasure to meet you! We do not have a dress code, anything but your birthday suit is fine

Take Care
Old 04-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #10
Paugus Bay Resident

Thumbs up

Thumbs up from me too! Eaten there many times. Only complaint is the increase in the size of my waistline
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #11
Nadia

Smile Your not the only one!

Thanks Paugus!
Next time your in feel free to say hello! As far as the expanding waist line, I hear ya! Next time your in I'll put you to work, running around cleaning tables!
Old 04-06-2006, 02:34 PM   #12
Seaplane Pilot

Thumbs up Real Italian for sure

Nadia's is excellent - enough said. I see that guy from the Coliseum Restaurant in Salem NH on TV all the time, bragging about all his awards and being the best Italian Chef in the world. Let me tell you, Nadia's beats the Coliseum hands down. Try Nadia's Veal Saltimboca - it is the best you have ever had.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #13
cowisl

Always had great meals at Nadia's.
cowisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #14
sum-r breeze

Default We Love Nadia's!

We take my in-laws to the Lake a couple of times a Summer. We ask them where they want to eat, they always say Nadia's. The last time we had them up, my father-in-law brought some of his homemade wine for Michael (Nadia's
manager) We haven't been back to get the report on how he liked the wine but we got the same fantastic food and service as always! Michael likes to kid with him about his wine (always in Italian); He really enjoys the ribbing!
If you haven't tried Nadia's you are really missing out on some of the best Italian food around. Always good, always hot ,always fresh.

The Breeze
Wave 'cause I'll be waving back
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:15 PM   #15
Nadia

Smile A smile on my face!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and e-mails!! I hope you continue to visit us at Nadia's!! We truly have an awesome clientele!
Seaplane...I've never heard of the Colluseam restaraunt before? That's pretty bold of him to say he's the best Italian chef in the world--
but hey, whatever floats his boat! I've never heard of it, but I'll have to check it out sometime, although I usually don't go out and eat Italian too often

I look forward to meeting you all if I haven't already! Let your server know-I'll be sure to come out and say hello.

The veal saltinbocca is definately a hit amongst our customers. I have people who refuse to order anything else! I also do a chicken saltinbocca for people who aren't fond of veal. Even better, we just introduced a little twist on the saltinbocca, using pork medallions and smoked mozzarella cheese as opposed to proscuitto and buffalo mozzarella on the veal or chicken. The sauce is a sweet marsala base sans the sage, with shiitake mushrooms. It's yummy!

I will be sure to let Mike know you were asking for him sum-r-breeze! Mike is a character. He will surely have you laughing. It's hard to work with him sometimes because he gets you laughing so hard you forget what your doing! He has a way with people like nobody else that I know. Mike should have been a comedian, but then he wouldn't be at Nadia's!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #16
Nadia

Post Nadia's - Smoke Free May 1st 2006

Just wanted to let everyone know as of May 1st 2006 Nadia's Trattoria will be completely smoke free. We do have a covered area in front of the building where there are benches and ashtrays, smoking will be permitted here for our wonderful customers who do smoke. If anyone has any questions or comments please let me know! I hope I posted this in the correct forum, it was a toss up between general discussion and restaurant reviews. Thank you--

Nadia
Old 09-01-2006, 10:36 AM   #17
Lake Lady 6

Smile Nadia's

We visited Nadia's for dinner last evening and couldn't have been more pleased with the service and the food. I am not sure how long the restaurant has been under the same management but remember going to a restaurant (Italian) in the late 80's and were so disappointed we never had returned. Friends asked us to join them for dinner last evening and chose to go to Nadia's. It was wonderful. Our waiter was personable and efficient and the food (we all ordered the Lobster Ravioli) was excellent. Guess we shouldn't have waited so long to try the restaurant again but we will be back real soon.
Lake Lady 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:15 AM   #18
dpg

Nadias not authenic italian? You've got to be kidding me! Oh, by the way did I ever mention that the "D" in DPG stands for Dominic!!!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #19
Lake Lady 6

Talking Dpg

Hopefully your comment wasn't in response to my message as I never indicated that Nadia's wasn't authentic Italian food. Maybe you were responding to a long ago post or just an "off the cuff" comment.

Defintely Italian and wonderful. Our own "North End" in Gilford.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:57 AM   #20
Pepper

Not sure where the folks at dine.com get their information, but here's a link to the real website for Nadia's Trattoria : http://www.nadtratt.com/

Go. Eat. Enjoy!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:52 AM   #21
Nadia

Default Lol

Mwahhaha. Chinese? I don't think so! I'm going to have to contact those people and get that corrected! Thank you all for a wonderful summer!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #22
Frank

So I have to ask, Nadia... my wife's favorite chicken dish of all time is "Chicken under a Brick" (for any doubting readers, yes, that's what it is really called in English, despite how unappetizing it sounds ), also known as Pollo al Mattone. We've had this in various restaurants near Siena and Florence, so I know it is a Tuscan dish, and you are Roman, but is this ever served at your restaurant?

Thanks!
Frank
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #23
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Chicken under a brick.....

I've heard of it... but never tried it..

I've been inspired... and will try to make this and report back!

http://www.taunton.com/finecooking/pages/c00138.asp

SteveA

PS... been to Nadia's... it is very good.. but if your looking for "American" Italian.. Pasta and red gravy, you'll be disappointed... they have "real Italian"
SteveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #24
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA
I've heard of it... but never tried it..

I've been inspired... and will try to make this and report back!

http://www.taunton.com/finecooking/pages/c00138.asp

SteveA

PS... been to Nadia's... it is very good.. but if your looking for "American" Italian.. Pasta and red gravy, you'll be disappointed... they have "real Italian"
I look forward to your posting the results! I've tried to make it and it never seems to come out quite like I want... but I am no cook.

(And just as an aside, and not that it changes the main point anyone is making about the Americanization of Italian food, but pasta with plain ole "red sauce" - marinara or salsa di pomodoro alla Napoletana - can be "real Italian" too, as it was invented there and is served in many places in Italy. But of course, the tomato itself came from America and wasn't introduced to Europe until the 1500s, so perhaps we should claim some credit for pasta with red sauce in any case!).
Old 09-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #25
Newbiesaukee

I wasn't going to comment on this old thread, but I could never reconcile the different opinions on the food. We went to Nadia's for the first time Sunday evening and had a very favorable impression. The most important element to us in a restaurant is the food and the most important determinant of that are the ingredients. Nadia's vegetables, fish, cheese, pasta were fresh and excellent. I had haddock with saffron, asparagus baked in butter and my wife had the spinach lasagna with three cheeses ( and 3 meatballs) and all was delicious. The small fresh come-with dinner salads had a good balsamic vinegarette and the warm bread hit the spot. Everything was light and well seasoned. Both the garlic and the salt are lightly applied and, IMO, is the cause for some of responders disappointment. This is not chain restaurant heavy red sauce. One can always add salt if "need" be. The server was very pleasant and helpful and the surroundings were clean. The entrees came out at a leisurely pace, but, again, in a cooked-to-order restaurant this should be expected. It is not fast food. Anyway, now that we know the way, we will certainly return
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #26
Pepper

Newbiesaukee - I just knew you'd enjoy your first visit to Nadia's! So glad you finally made it there!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #27
Nadia

Wink Yay!

Newbie, I'm thrilled you came to try us out! Absolutely thrilled! I'm glad you had a fabulous experience, and I hope there are many more to come for yourself and the other posters. Nadia's is a great place to come and sit back for a while, enjoy authentic Italian cuisine made to order, served to you in multiple courses, and relax.

Frank. Unfortunately we don't serve chicken under a brick. I'll bet this is a recipe from a long time ago when the Italians cooked mainly from brick ovens, and I'll bet it's good. I'll bet you we could find something else the Mrs. might like!

Lakelady, if you tried an Italian resteraunt in the late 80's it was not Nadia's. We've been open since 1996.

Frank, Italian favorites have some funny names, I don't doubt you at all. Saltinbocca literally means "jump in my mouth". Tiramisu literally means "pick me up". Thanks for the wonderful reviews and please continue to visit us at Nadia's!
Old 09-16-2006, 02:16 AM   #28
Boston Fireguy

Thumbs down Nadia's - Allow lots of time if you go...

Last Saturday night (9/9) my wife and I stopped at Nadia's around 5:30. We were seated right away but things quickly went downhill. Our order was taken almost 20 minutes later, with the order being served about 40 minutes after that. We observed 4 other parties leaving before their meals were served due to overly long waits. As we left I overheard an aquaintence of the hostess tell her he was leaving, observing customers being told the wait for a table was 25-30 minutes (even though there were several empty tables). Problems in the kitchen was the hostess' explanation for the delays.
As for the food - we both ordered chicken parmigana. The portions were good sized but the sauce (with the tomato soup appearance) was a bit bland.
Fortunately the bread was good - and plentiful.

Nadia's is 0 - 2 with us.
Boston Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:03 AM   #29
Nadia

Default Boston Fireguy

Boston Fireguy,
I apologize if you had a bad experience. Last weekend was an extremely busy weekend at Nadia's. The hostess your speaking of was myself. Saturday night Gretchen Wilson was playing at Meadowbrook Farms and a large crowd of guests came in at once before the concert.

We did have some guests choose to leave. Nadia's is not a good place to visit when your in a rush. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot we can do to remedy these types of situations. Like I've said before, Nadia's takes great pride in the cooked-to-order food we serve. I do not serve food that is pre-packaged or frozen. You will never hear a microwave beep in my establishment, and nor so in the future. I would rather a customer wait for a good meal then send it out so-so. I refuse to serve anything out of a can or already prepared. Thus explains the wait guests do experience from time-to-time. If I try and increase the pace, the food quality suffers, and that's somewhere I won't budge. Not only is Nadia's a bad place to be when your in a rush, you also need to consider when 100 people walk in the door at once, there may be a delay and a bit of chaos. Nothing we can't handle.

Furthermore, we do not promote a fast-food, rushed pace. Some folks have the same expectation of all places, but it really isn't so. We want you to relax, sit back, and enjoy your meal.

Friday and Saturday nights are popular nights for restaraunts, Nadia's included. If you are in a rush or starving, a packed restaraunt is a bad place to be. Guests tend to forget this sometimes, as did the guests that chose to leave. The guests that left told me they had to make it to the concert, so they had to leave. This was at 6:00. A long time customer of mine pulled me over to their table and asked me what the big deal was, that the concert didn't start until 9:00. Until last Saturday, we haven't had guests walk out for at least a year. Saturday night we had an unusually cranky, rude crowd, and I am not directing this remark at you by any means. I had a gentlemen come over to me and tell me that he had waited 25 minutes for his meal, and he was leaving. 25 minutes is not an overly-long wait. I remember being in Uno's in Tilton a month ago with a friend of mine. We waited 15 minutes for our server to come over, 10 minutes for our drinks, 25 minutes for an appetizer, and another 30 minutes for our meals. The place was 1/4 full, empty tables and all...

As far as the aquaintance your referring to, I'm not sure what your talking about, not that it matters. I had quite a few guests tell me there were empty tables in the dining room when I explained to them there would be a short wait, and I was well aware of the empty tables. I don't need anyone to point it out to me. As far as the empty tables, I can assure you I'm competant enough to run my dining room. The kitchen was backed up, and the waitstaff were also. I am not going to seat guests and have their service lacking. In order to keep the establishment running as smoothly as possible when trying to accomidate an immediate, large crowd of guests, at times I will hold parties for a few minutes before seating them. I have been in this business since I was a young child. In my experience, when people sit down, they expect and want everything right away. To seat a hungry, rushed, and sometimes cranky group of people in the midst of a "crunch" as we say in the business, is not always in the best interest of the guests or the server. The kitchen and the staff need a few minutes to catch up after being bombarded. It also shortens the time that the guests spend waiting for their food at the table, which can be frustrating for the guests, and the server. Sometimes it's in the best interest of the guests and the staff for myself to make a decision to hold off for ten to fifteen, let the guests have a cocktail, and than seat them down. Along with decreasing the amount of time they wait for their food, it increases the quality of their service--the time and attention their server can give them. It increases the chances of the guests having a much better experience overall, and that's what I strive for.

The party that I quoted 25 minutes was a large party for whom there was no seating available at that time. Everyone else was quoted 15 minutes or less.

As far as the 20 minute delay on your order being taken, if you could please PM me with the name or description of the server? Really there is no explanation for this and if that is the case then they were certainly wrong, and I apologize. If you could provide me with that information I could address the situation promptly. If I could make a suggestion to you, coming from resteraunt owners, if you have a distaste for your meal, or are unhappy with your service, please inform a manager or owner, we really WANT and NEED to know in order to improve.

I have heard comments about the red sauce having a soup like consistency before, you can see it in this thread. Red sauce served in Italy is not thick, chunky, or sweet like you'll find in the Americanized versions. Many people prefer a thick red sauce, but just as many do not. I have many customers ask me before they order dishes like the chicken parmigiana "Is the red sauce thick & chunky, because if it is, I'll opt for something else". Nadia's stays somewhere in the middle to attempt to accomidate as many tastes as we can as far as consistency. Same goes for spice and flavor. Like the above poster mentioned salt and pepper can be added as needed. A red sauce with heavy flavor is usally one from a can with many preservatives, and can be unnappetizing to many. Keeping it somewhere in the middle is the best way.

My red sauce has nothing to do with tomato soup. The finish sauce used in certain dishes like parmigiana is prepared with a touch of cream to give it a unique texture and appearance. It also compliments meat and pasta better than the average, and equals out the natural sweetness and acidity of the tomatoes. Fresh plum tomato sauce is entirely different from canned, prepared versions. Instead of tasting heavy spices and preservatives it will tend to be more mild and have a slightly acidic/sweet bite. To even it out we add a touch of cream and for more than the majority, it's a hit. Yet there are some that don't like it, your not alone, and I completely understand. It's a matter of preference.

The difference in coloration is that a red sauce that has been boiled relentlessly for steralization and in preparation to be canned/jarred has a deep red color. This is also where the thickness and chunkiness comes from. Like I've said, most red sauces are prepared with sugar and preservatives (sodium) giving them their heavy flavor. A fresh sauce will have a much lighter consistency and taste, and a completely different appearance which may startle some people.

Maybe you can visit us again when you have more time, maybe you'll choose not to. If you do choose to try us again, ask your server to request your sauce cooked just a tad more. We'd be more than happy to accomidate. Either way, thank you for visiting us, and posting your experience here. I apologize it couldn't have been a better one.

- Nadia Corrado

Last edited by Nadia; 09-16-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #30
Lake Lady 6

Default Thanks Nadia

Thanks for setting me straight Nadia. It is my loss for not finding you sooner as we truly enjoyed our meal and will be back.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:32 AM   #31
Drummer Girl

Smile

Very well said, Nadia.
Drummer Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #32
Newbiesaukee

Exactly the correct answer
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:49 PM   #33
Boston Fireguy

Post Reply to Nadia's comments...

We, as several other couples/groups seated Saturday night also went to the Gretchen Wilson Concert (start time was 8 PM). If we had arrived at, say 6:30 or so you would be right to assume we were in a rush. However, we arrived about 5:30. To elaborate further on our dining experience, I asked our server what the status of our meal was about 25 minutes after placing it. The server informed us the cook(s) was just now beginning to prepare it. It was at this time we were served our salads.
Having been in the food service industry myself, I am aware of the "rushes", rude, annoying customers and the occasional help shortage. However you've got to appreciate our annoyance that particular night, what with people leaving and the appearance of a slow service night. We were not in a rush; we just like our meals served in a timely manner; other factors notwithstanding. Given the circumstances, I couldn't figure out if your 80+ minute visit to Uno's was an annoying to you: it certainly would have to me.

Perhaps our visit that night was just a fluke...
Boston Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #34
Nadia

Post Boston Fireguy

I appreciate everything you've posted. It's customers like yourself that help owners to identify problems that they don't always catch right away. Seems to be the problem lies within the server in this case. I did speak to the server, his account was that two young ladies joined you and your wife a bit after 5:30, added their order to your already placed order, and you requested that the food be delivered at the same time. In his account this happened past 5:30, when the resteraunt became very busy. Before I say anything else I have to make sure we've got the right incident. What i'm trying to do is identify what the problem really is so I can fix it. It's possible he did not handle the situation correctly when two others joined your party. It's possible he was too slow in taking your order. If you were there at 5:30, your order should have been in before the rush. I'm just trying to make sense out of what's going on, I appreciate your help in this matter.

I did not mean to say you were rude, or make it seem like you were in a rush. The people that left were in an obvious rush. Sorry if that was unclear, my bad. Your posts have been discussed with the owner of this business, and I can assure you we will take action to ensure this does not continue to happen. We are discussing numerous solutions to this problem. I certainly do appreciate and acknowledge your annoyance, and I sincerely apologize for your negative experience once again.

You can also feel free to PM me with further details of this incident. The more you can tell me the more it helps me. Thank you Boston Fireguy. Your specific input and detailed comments are what helps business owners achieve more and more success.

Last edited by Nadia; 09-23-2006 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:31 PM   #35
redc5

I'm not sure I have ever seen someone try to defend their business as much as this. It's actually quite comical.

BTW, I've eaten here once, and the place was empty on a Sat. night and the service was really slow then also. My GF and I both decided to give it another try but haven't gotten around to it yet
redc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #36
GTO

Default defend???

Quote:
Originally Posted by redc5
I'm not sure I have ever seen someone try to defend their business as much as this. It's actually quite comical.

BTW, I've eaten here once, and the place was empty on a Sat. night and the service was really slow then also. My GF and I both decided to give it another try but haven't gotten around to it yet
It seems to me Nadia responds to both negative and positive comments here. And when someone speaks on a public forum about one's family business, they should have every right to "defend" themselves. Shows me that she takes alot of pride in her business. If more people approached her one on one about any comments, maybe she would have more time to post in more interesting threads like the correct prononciation of the "Bahre" name.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:51 PM   #37
Nadia

Default Red

Red,
The best places are subject to the most attention, and large amounts of critisizm. I have seen some great resteraunts on this forum take a beating at times, it's not just Nadia's. I am discussing this gentlemen's experience with him so I can prevent the experience he had from happening again. Maybe your not quite grasping what exactly is going on here. Whatever it may be that you find comical about this conversation is beyond me, but if I can resolve conflicts and entertain at the same time, even better!

Last edited by Nadia; 10-01-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:58 AM   #38
redc5

thanks for the reply Nadia, now I know not to try your restaurant again.

I'm sure you a are a very nice person, but I believe you are in need of an attitude adjustment
Old 09-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #39
Waterbaby

Default Fascinating

Quote:
Originally Posted by redc5

I guess "comical" is in the eye of the beholder. In contrast, I find what Nadia is doing quite fascinating, and very responsible. A lot of people may make decisions whether or not to do business with an establishment based on an open forum such as this, where people post their experiences (good, bad, or indifferent). Rather than just brushing off a negative post about her restaurant, figuring "oh, a disgruntled or cranky customer", Nadia has chosen to address the problem and get to the actual cause of the problem, thereby assuring it not happen again. I must say, I admire this. to you, Nadia!

That being said, I have absolutely no relationship to Nadia or her business. I have eaten there several times in the past, although I have not had occasion to do so over the past couple of years due to time constraints on the rare occasion I've been able to make it up to the Lake. I would, however, not hestitate to eat there again as the experience has always, with one exception, been positive.
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #40
Weirs guy

I'm with waterbaby, this is fascinating. Here we have a restaurant owner, not hiding her identity, trying to address customers concerns. What better way for her to fix issue's her place of business is having? And the customers get to share their opinions and experiences anonymously. What an amazing tool for all of us, thanks again Don.

As an impartial suggestion to you Nadia (no flaming meant, just an outsiders view) you may be putting a little too much explanation into each response. The more you explain, the more ammo you provide others and the more some may interpret you as being defensive. BUT, kudos for you for taking the time to care.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #41
Zeke

I can see where RedC5 is coming from as well. The old adage of " thy doth protest too much " seems to apply to some degree to Nadias replys. It is not a bad thing that she wants to resolve any problems. But her written tone to those who complain asking them to give details, time and such are probably not what one wants to here when they have an issue. It kind of comes off as " fill out this form " response we all get to much of these days. It's not thier job to work on your issues. Nadia, the best of luck resolving what seem like detail problems, none of it sounds like matters you can't work out.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:47 AM   #42
Nadia

Wink

Quote:
I'm sure you a are a very nice person, but I believe you are in need of an attitude adjustment
Red, personally, I think it's the other way around. Maybe I misinterpreted your post, but I found it pretty darn rude. If you choose not to return cause of my response, that's your choice. In this great country of ours, you are entitled to your opinion and to exercise it. Thank you for doing so.

Waterbaby, thanks for your comments. I appreciate it. I hope you continue to visit us.

Weirs Guy, ditto.

Zeke, I see where your coming from. My posts are so long. I type very fast, over 100 wpm. I can elaborate too much sometimes, I'm trying to shorten my posts. Unfortunately it's a bit difficult to get to the bottom of a situation without specific details. If I have times and dates at least I can pin-point who was working the shift. Although as you said, it's not anyone's job to solve my problems but my own.

I don't want to make it seem as though I'm trying to intimidate ANYONE from posting their good or bad comments here in this thread, just because I'm here. I want you to feel free to post your experiences, and not fear that I'm going to "jump on your case" for doing so. I'm sorry if it seems that way. I can come off as a bit aggressive, it's my nature. Although I do, and will respond to any comments, good or bad. I feel it's very important for viewers to hear both sides of the story.

If you want me to acknowledge your complaint, I need details. Telling me "The service was slow" really doesn't help me. If I have dates and times I can at least know who was working the shift. If you don't want me to acknowledge your complaint, and would just like to post your experience, that's fine too.

Last edited by Nadia; 10-01-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #43
Nadia

Smile

Boston Fireguy, I got a bit distracted here for a while. Back to your experience, I wouldn't neccesarily say it was all a fluke. A combination of different circumstances are what I see, yet it was a rough night. It stinks your first experience with us had to be that "one night" that every place has now and then, but that's not enough reason for me to disregard it. I do think your service was lacking substantially and I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it...thank you for opening my eyes to the situation.

In response to your most recent post, we do space courses out evenly according to wait times. The chefs will often instruct the waitstaff to hold off/speed up on salads or appetizers to ensure that courses are spaced out evenly. I hope that I don't seem to be "protesting" in my response to you, but rather clarify the way we do things at Nadia's. Maybe you had some different expectations?

There's no excuse for your order not being taken for 20 minutes. I've been keeping a close eye on the service of this particular individual and have done some retraining with him. All in all I truly hope the next time your in the area, you will give us one more try. Ask for me when you do, I'll be sure to take care of you.

Nadia Corrado

Last edited by Nadia; 10-01-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #44
Waterbaby

Default One Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby
I would, however, not hestitate to eat there again as the experience has always, with one exception, been positive.
I wanted to clarify that one statement above........ the exception occurred about six to seven years ago. First, there was a bit of a mixup on orders; second was when we (a party of three, two adults and one young child) received a check which belonged to a large party of somewhere between six and eight people....... we were a little astounded when the bill reached into several hundred dollars. The matter was quickly taken care of, we received the check we should have; unfortunately, Nadia's was the loser that night as the large party paid cash for "their" check and bolted. The server was also the loser, as that party tipped according to the low check.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #45
Waterbaby

Default Food? Was it Good?

Red, what did you and GF have for dinner, BTW? Was the food good? I'm just wondering what, if anything, besides "slow service", has caused you to hesitate in trying it again.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #46
upthesaukee

Default Written vs. spoken comments

Two of the most difficult things about written comments is that you do not see the body language (facial expression, arms and legs position (other than where they are supposed to be!!!!! ), etc.) nor do you hear the tone of voice or voice inflections.

A simple phrase like " you should have talked to a manager" can have a whole raft of meanings to different readers, depending on their involvement. The person directly involved may very well think "why should I talk to a manager, it shouldn't have happened in the first place, so that manager probably would just give me grief...".

We can miss the sincerity in written comments, some humor (I have emailed a couple of folks that I thought I offended with humor), and of course the lack of sincerity.

As written above, and viewing the thread from the outside with no experience at Nadia's yet (yeah, I'm the one who asked about it and I haven't been there yet (sorry Nadia, we'll make it)), I have been impressed with Nadia's willingness to sign off her comments with her name, and that's taking ownership of her business and its reputation. So, maybe a re-read of a post is a good idea before responding, just in case you may have missed the good intention of the writer. If you still feel the same way after reading it a second time, by all means, talk to the manager .
Old 09-25-2006, 08:25 AM   #47
SIKSUKR

I don't have any experience at Nadia's yet,although I've been wanting to get my butt in there.I do have a friend that dines quite frequently in all the regions restaraunts and likes Nadia's a lot.Having said that,I'm with Zeke on this one.I got the impression from a couple of her posts she was being a little too defensive and having a bit of an attitude when criticized. Here's some of Nadia's own words: "I had quite a few guests tell me there were empty tables in the dining room when I explained to them there would be a short wait, and I was well aware of the empty tables. I don't need anyone to point it out to me. As far as the empty tables, I can assure you I'm competant enough to run my dining room".Responses like that come off to me like,"how dare you question me"?Nadia repeatidly states she wants feedback to help fix problems that might be present but would you want to offer advice or suggestions to an owner that sounds like she chastizing the customer for their observations?Now,having said these things too,I still look forward to trying Nadia's but I think the owner needs to chill a little bit.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #48
texas chopper

Went to Nadias this past Sunday night with friends. Food was exceptional and service to match. I had the Chicken Nadia and it was perfect. Others had Chicken Parm and a Salmon dish. Everyone left with a doggie bag as portions were large. I'll be back.
texas chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:44 PM   #49
Nadia

Wink

Upthesaukee! Now will all this commotion you've started you haven't been in to visit us yet! I'm coming for you! J/K. You'll have to come in soon and let me know when you do. I agree with you about your post, typed words certainly lack the inflection they need at times.

Texaschopper I'm thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and had a good experience, thanks for the thumbs up! Next time you promise me you'll say hi!

SIKSUKR I'm not sure what more I can say on this issue. If you find me defensive, I'm truly sorry. I feel it's a lot to do with interpretation. At times yes, I can be defensive. I'm not the only business owner that has come on this forum to the defense of their business. I also don't feel like I should be ashamed to say I am defending my business or my actions. Like Waterbaby mentioned, a lot of folks may make a decision to do business with us based on remarks in this forum. I want readers to know both sides of the story. I'm not saying he's wrong in his observations, I'm just explaining my side.

As far as you quoting my remarks, I could be wrong in my response in the eyes of some viewers. When I tell someone there's a short wait, and they point out to me there's empty tables in the dining room with a tone suggesting I'm an idiot who can't see, I do take it a bit offensively. I understand it comes with the territory, and I may need to chill a little bit, but forget who I am for a second and hear me out person to person. I can't express to you enough how rude and degrading the public can be at times. Maybe I need to take a step back, I apologize for coming off like that. I've been in this business for years, and all I can say is what I've said before, that night I experienced the rudest, nastiest group of people I have ever encountered in all my time. If you can forgive me for venting my frustration for a moment, I'm glad it's over! Now you and Newbie get your butts in here! I promise you when you meet me I will change your mind!

I'm glad some viewers find this fascinating. I'm not interested in coming on here with a pen name, or being aloof and mechanical in my responses. How lame would it be if I gave someone that generic attitude in my response? Instead you have an individual who is willing to interact with anyone and everyone at the same eye level, and also willing to let people take a peek behind the curtain to see what really goes on behind the scenes. Lots of folks have been in the food service industry, lots have not. I'm sure some find my responses rather enlightening and informative, at the same time some find them defensive. All in all my main goal is to let folks see the other side. Sometimes I do get frustrated, and any owner/manager who says they don't is not telling the truth. I don't find it unprofessional or defensive to act like a real person when addressing situations. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Nadia; 10-01-2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:42 AM   #50
AltonBay54

Angry Nadia

Nadia,
Don't you realize your darned if you do and your darned if you don't? If you didn't respond to them, you'd be a lousy business owner who didn't care. Now that you do respond you have an attitude that's majorly in need of adjustment. I think not. Want to know what I think? I think it's pathetic that some of you rake this woman across the coals the way you do. If she didn't respond you'd be on her for not responding. I promised myself I'd never post on this board and lower myself to this level of stupidity but this has gotten out of control and I'm going to jump to her side 110%. Not only am I a devoted customer, I'm now her biggest fan after watching her handle this issue the way she has. Nadia, I don't know why you even bother, but even after 28 years in the food service industry I still don't have the desire to suggest to you how to run your business, because I know your certainly doing something right. I will be in Saturday, like I am every Saturday, for some EXCELLENT service, and some EXCELLENT food. You should be more than proud of the food you serve and the staff you employ, IMHO the best food and atmosphere in the Lakes Region. Being a patron every Saturday night, redc5 I am absolutely DYING to know what Saturday night you were in Nadia's that was slow? I go in that place every Saturday night and have yet to see a slow one, so please, do tell. I'm very interested in hearing your response. IMHO I think your either a disgruntled competitor with too many slow Saturday nights, or a joker with WAY too much time on their hands. So Nadia, I'll see you next Saturday, and before you get accused of slipping your cronie a kick-back to write you a beefy post or some other type of impropriety, I'll sign off.
AltonBay54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #51
SIKSUKR

Well said Nadia.There is no need to apologize to me.I respect all the well thought out feedback you've offered to this thread.I as I said in my post,I have no preconcieved idea about what's going on at your restaraunt.In fact,I've said I'm looking forward to going.I was only commenting on how some of your statements sounded to me when I read them.Go back and read that post and try to see it from someone who has never been there and knows nothing of the conditions.It does come off a little abrasive.Also,I can really feel for you when you talk about dealing with the public and how rude some people can be.I deal with it all the time.But I must be carefull about the "good" customers seeing me frustrated at other customers.It doesn't help my case.It's hard to do but when I'm really frustrated,sometimes I must step back and look at situation from another person point of veiw.Try it,it can only help.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #52
Pineedles

Default ^caution^ Altonbay54

I came to the defense of an establishment that I thought was getting unfair reviews last year and I got so upset with the banter that I took myself off the forum for a year. The next thing that will happen is you'll be accused of having a financial interest in Nadia's. Don't worry, they are just trying to get your goat. Side note to Nadia- I've never been to your establishment, but it sounds like you prepare dishes like my mother-in-law did, she was from Pescara. I will have to get over there next year.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #53
longisland60

Default Now I'm hungry...

I just popped into the forum after being 'away' for a couple weeks, and read the bulk of this recent thread. I am now totally inclined to visit Nadia's after reading the banter. Nadia comes across to me as someone very passionate about her business and I cannot wait to try the red sauce myself.

Nadia, see you soon...
longisland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #54
AltonBay54

Wink Thank you Pineneedles

Pineneedles, thank you for the warning. Although frankly, I could care less what anyone on this forum thinks my motive is for coming to Nadia's defense. Seems to me like there's an accusation for bashing a place, or for defending it. I also don't think it's anyone's job to tell her how to run her business or how to respond to her clients. If you think she's defensive, go dine in some of the places in California, Boston, or better yet, Italy. Start snapping your fingers at a waitress in Italy or giving the hostess a hard time, you'll be out the door so fast your head will be spinning. In some of our favorite places in Boston on a Saturday night it's a two hour wait for a table, and another hour and a half for food. That's why "BOSTON" fireguy surprises me. Where do you eat in Boston on a Saturday night where you don't wait? Must not be anywhere classy. Tell a restaurant owner in Italy how to run his restaurant and see the response you get. Let's give the woman a break here. A note to the weary: If you like good, real food prepared fresh with top-notch ingredients--do not hold back. Get out of your chair and go to Nadia's. Michael is so funny he will have you falling off your chair in hysterics. Carol is a wonderful conversationalist and truly adores her customers. Nadia not only can cook some of the greatest meals, but is also a total babe These people will see to it that you feel like your right at home. If your looking for food right out of the can, into the microwave, and then slapped in your face 10 minutes later...try Applebee's in Tilton. Or better yet, an overpriced, thick chunky pile of red ragu over a plate of overcooked angel hair is Olive Garden's specialty. Newbiesaukee, the difference in opinions on the food boils down to one thing. Knowing good food, and not knowing good food. People who are accustomed to eating garbage i.e. sauce prepared out of a can do not appreciate authentic cuisine and don't like it. If you like good food or are adventurous enough to expand your horizons beyond fettuchine alfredo and eggplant parmesan, try Nadia's.

Last edited by AltonBay54; 10-12-2006 at 02:35 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #55
Captain Bob

Wow!

I've been on this forum since mid-summer, but I hadn't read this thread yet. I did notice the name "Nadia's" come up a lot. Woosh!! A little overwhelming.

I've worked for the government for the past 34 years, and folks say I can be very wordy, that is in the written form. People develop an impression that I'm unreasonable, and way too picky. Then they meet me, and deal with me in person, and the misconceptions go out the window.

NOW - Not only do I love good Italian dinners, slow-paced and full of great talk and better wine - but I'm definitely looking forward to both trying Nadia's, and meeting the lady herself!

And let's all be friends! (Peace; Love)
Captain Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #56
Mr. V

Try Nadia's Resterant (sic), and then The Italian Farmhouse in Plymouth. You be the judge.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:55 AM   #57
AltonBay54

Thumbs down Italian Farmhouse

The Italian Farmhouse? Comparing the Italian Farmhouse to Nadia's is like comparing apples to oranges. About the sorriest excuse for Italian food I have ever been subjected to, other than Fratello's of course. My experience at the Italian Farmhouse was far from extraordinary. The wine was good & the water was cold. Good service, great atmosphere, and I did like the dipping oils they served with the bread. Key point, lousy food. Overcooked pasta, thick canned sauce and tough veal. Just my two cents. However, to each his own certainly does apply.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #58
Lucky2Bhere

The Italian farmhouse is part of the Common Man family of restaurants. Like all of these "chain" restaurants the food and service is middle of the road. Just good enough to satisfy large numbers of tourists. Has anyone ever heard from an owner or manager of the common man places? Meanwhile, many of the local restaurant owners are on the forum and interested in feedback.
Lucky2Bhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:10 PM   #59
kukukajoo

Well all this talk is making me hungry and I definately want to try Nadias!

I don't get out much lately but I promise I will soon!
kukukajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:37 AM   #60
redc5

Wed drove over to Nadias last night to give it another shot, only to find out they were closed till November 10th.

Oh well.....
Old 11-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #61
Waterbaby

Default Open Again Yet??????

Does anyone know if Nadia's is open again yet? Today is the 16th....... if they are, anyone know why they were closed? Thanks.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #62
Pepper

Waterbaby - Nadia's was indeed opened as scheduled last Friday night.

They close for two or three weeks every year in late October and early November. Part of that time they take a vacation, and the rest of the time they're busy accomplishing some of the various building and equipment maintenance tasks that are harder to get done while they're open.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:04 AM   #63
The Big Kahuna

Default Right on the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonBay54
Pineneedles, thank you for the warning. Although frankly, I could care less what anyone on this forum thinks my motive is for coming to Nadia's defense. Seems to me like there's an accusation for bashing a place, or for defending it. I also don't think it's anyone's job to tell her how to run her business or how to respond to her clients. If you think she's defensive, go dine in some of the places in California, Boston, or better yet, Italy. Start snapping your fingers at a waitress in Italy or giving the hostess a hard time, you'll be out the door so fast your head will be spinning. In some of our favorite places in Boston on a Saturday night it's a two hour wait for a table, and another hour and a half for food. That's why "BOSTON" fireguy surprises me. Where do you eat in Boston on a Saturday night where you don't wait? Must not be anywhere classy. Tell a restaurant owner in Italy how to run his restaurant and see the response you get. Let's give the woman a break here. A note to the weary: If you like good, real food prepared fresh with top-notch ingredients--do not hold back. Get out of your chair and go to Nadia's. Michael is so funny he will have you falling off your chair in hysterics. Carol is a wonderful conversationalist and truly adores her customers. Nadia not only can cook some of the greatest meals, but is also a total babe These people will see to it that you feel like your right at home. If your looking for food right out of the can, into the microwave, and then slapped in your face 10 minutes later...try Applebee's in Tilton. Or better yet, an overpriced, thick chunky pile of red ragu over a plate of overcooked angel hair is Olive Garden's specialty. Newbiesaukee, the difference in opinions on the food boils down to one thing. Knowing good food, and not knowing good food. People who are accustomed to eating garbage i.e. sauce prepared out of a can do not appreciate authentic cuisine and don't like it. If you like good food or are adventurous enough to expand your horizons beyond fettuchine alfredo and eggplant parmesan, try Nadia's.
I agree with you 100% Altonbay54. The problem is when people that normally dine at the franchise places go to a real restaurant they have no idea how to handle the experience. They expect to be seated in less than 30minutes. If you go to a nice place expect One Hour as a normal wait, unless it is 4:00 PM when they just opened, if there is no wait than run because the place can not be that good. Go enjoy the lounge and socialize with other diners, and the waite staff while you are there. Don't sit staring at your watch standing by the front door wondering why the guy who came in behind you just got seated. Once you do get a table, don't expect the food to come in 10 minutes, eat in 5 and have the bill ready for you when you napkin hits your plate. Enjoy the dining experence as the courses roll by, it may last over an hour if you are lucky.

If you are not prepared to make this kind of social and timely investment, please just keep going to the franchise places and free up the space for those of us who enjoy dining out.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:51 PM   #64
Mr. V

Sorry, but when I go out to eat I go OUT TO EAT, not to schmooze it up with fellow diners and the wait staff.

I don't drink alcohol so the idea of cooling my heels in the bar for an hour before getting seated doesn't appeal to me.

And why wouldn't I question why the guy who arrived after me got seated before I did?

Isn't there a written list?

Oh, BTW: there's a method to avoid the wait: it's called make a reservation.

This is America: the customer is King.

You don't meet my needs, you don't get my money.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #65
Nadia

Talking Thanks Barbara

Barbara,
Thank you for posting that information. I've been unable to get on the forum for a while. I moved out of my condo and have switched internet providers. Getting Metrocast over here was almost like pulling teeth. We were closed until November 10 for vacation and some neccesary maintenence. It's an annual occasion.

I apologize for not being here to respond to your comments and answer your questions, I appreciate them all. I'm a little overwhelmed right now....I'm actually getting married Whew. What a whirlwind. A good one though!

I'll be here frequently from now on. Thanks everyone.

Nadia
Old 11-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #66
Waterbaby

Default Restaurant owners/managers et al

Wow, you ladies are wayyyyyyyyyy too busy during "off season", and Nadia, why did you say "whew" and "I'm actually getting married"? Don't sound so surprised, lol! Pepper, thanks for your response also!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:37 PM   #67
Pineedles

Default marriage

Wonderful news Nadia! My best to you and your fiancé. Is he a character of the kitchen or the kitchen table. Given your love of cooking, I would guess the latter.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #68
Pepper

Congratulations Nadia!!! When's the big day?
Old 11-20-2006, 12:19 PM   #69
GTO

Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadia
Barbara,

Thank you for posting that information. I've been unable to get on the forum for a while. I moved out of my condo and have switched internet providers. Getting Metrocast over here was almost like pulling teeth. We were closed until November 10 for vacation and some neccesary maintenence. It's an annual occasion.

I apologize for not being here to respond to your comments and answer your questions, I appreciate them all. I'm a little overwhelmed right now....I'm actually getting married Whew. What a whirlwind. A good one though!

I'll be here frequently from now on. Thanks everyone.

Nadia
Congrats Nadia!! Wonder what kind of food will be served at the reception? Write me
Old 11-21-2006, 06:11 AM   #70
AltonBay54

Mr. V, I think your doing your fellow diners and waitstaff a big favor by not schmoozing with them anyway. Thank you for enlightening me on how to make a reservation. I was completely unaware of that. I might be the only one to say it, but not the only one to think it. You are by far the most arrogant individual I have ever come across on a forum. Not only that, but reviewing your posts in all fairness I have come to the conclusion that you rarely have anything positive to contribute or a nice thing to say about anybody. From hereon out, I will make full usage of the wonderful IGNORE feature integrated into this forum. Onto the good stuff---

Nadia, congrats! And congrats to that lucky fella! He will never go hungry that's for sure! Best wishes to you and your fiance. My wife and I have been married for 23 years and still chase eachother around the house laughing. Marriage is a beautiful thing.

Big Kahuna - Your hysterical!

Pepper - Thank you again for posting that information. That was really kind of you to come to Nadia's assistance. I'm marching right over to your very informative post on the ignore feature!

Maybe we should all meet up at Nadia's?
Old 12-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #71
Nadia

Default Big Day is....

Big Day is October 27, 2007! Thanks for asking.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #72
AltonBay54

Talking

Hey Nadia. There you are! Was wondering where you have been! With all this banter going on you haven't made a peep. Hope everything's good with you and your family. The wife and I should be around for Christmas & hopefully we'll have time to stop in.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:15 PM   #73
mr1drfl

Default Nadia's & Peppers

No offence to either of the two, and I have eaten at both places, and they are both good, not excellent. But lets give it a rest. There are hundreds of restaurants in the lakes region, and it seems that 90% of the restaurant posts are Nadia's and Peppers! ( I am starting to think they own a piece of this site)My favorites....Rigiones Seafood Galley, The Canoe, the Willows, and The Common Man in Ashland. Never a disappointment at any of the above.
mr1drfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #74
jetskier

Post Because they participate

Hi mr1drfl,

I think the reason that you see more volume about these restaurants is that their owners take an active part in the forum and address postings personally. There are a number of very good restaurants in the lakes region and some fairly poor ones. There are some establishments that seem not to care about what is written here. I personally have had some awful experiences with the local Common Man restaurants and I talked to their management and suggested that they monitor and respond to this forum. They have not. So...they will only get a bit of negative air play and then we all move on. Pepper and Nadia respond and I think that keeps their establishments in the customer eye and shows that they care.

My 2 cents.
Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #75
Pineedles

Default Here Here!

Jetskier said it all. I've never been to either place, but I know the service will be great. The food will be the quality of what I've learned on this site. It's only the fact that both owners are willing to discuss their fare on line that gives me the assurance that when I go there I will get what I expect. Good food, wonderful and involved staff and owner(s), and a place I know will be around for years to come. Because they care!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #76
Nadia

Default Thank You

Jetskier and Pineneedles, thank you for your well thought responses. I think your both correct. The #1 reason Waldo Peppers and Nadia's get so much attention on this forum is because Pepper and I are here interacting with people, which is 100% to our benefit. I couldn't tell you how many people I've spoken to in Nadia's that have identified themselves as forum members since I've been active on this board. At the very least, 40. I'm sure they'll be more to come

Alton, I usually try and stay out of the banter. It's for my own benefit. Everything I say on this board is highly monitored and scrutinized. Although I'd love to give people a piece of my mind sometimes, that wouldn't be looked very highly upon. I can see the only forum member currently on my ignore list has made his way into this thread, and I'm not surprised it's taken such a turn the way it has. Do yourself the biggest favor of your life and hit that ignore button. I don't even know what the context of this argument really is, because his posts don't even appear to me. How truly splendid it is! Being Nadia, believe me, I want to hear everything people have to say. He is the only person I have ever put on ignore, and for good reason. Take my advice. You won't be sorry.

mr1drfl I suggest if your tired of reading about Nadia's and Peppers maybe you shouldn't be in this thread? We work hard and make plenty of money, believe me, I don't need to own a piece of a forum. That's a pretty rotten statement to post so nonchalantly, and you know what? I resent it. At the same time, I'm laughing. Seems like your looking to get a rise out of somebody more than anything, and it sure isn't me. I'm off to bed. And before I do, I just might add another name to my ignore list
Old 12-05-2006, 12:43 AM   #77
Resident 2B

Default Waldo-Pepper's and Nadia's

I also feel that the personal involvement in this forum and in their restaurants is a big reason why I ferquent Waldo-Peppers and Nadia's. They both have food that is much better than good, and the value is excellent at both establishments.

mr1drfl, I also go to most of the restaurants on your list of places you recommend. Most do a reasonable job overall, but none give the personal attention of Waldo-Peppers or Nadia's.

I feel it is hard to compare these restaurants due to the significant differences in their offerings. Personal attention to all customers is big with me, as is the willingness to discuss things in an open forum such as this great web site. In these two measures, Waldo-Peppers and Nadia's win hands-down.

mr1drfl, I would not hold openess in a public forum or support of the participates in this open forum against Waldo-Pepper's or Nadia's. If you do not like their involvment here, find what forums the restaurants you like post to and focus your time on those forums. If you cannot find any forums they post to, perhaps you might reconsider your position.

Nadia and Pepper, please keep doing what you do here and in your businesses. I will continue to view your efforts to make your customers happy as a great reason to spend my money at your establishments.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #78
SIKSUKR

OK,I know it's been a while since this thread was used.I finally went to Nadia's this past Friday night.I was told to go eat in the lounge and say hi to Mike behind the bar.When asked if he was Mike he said in his funny style,"that depends-are you from the IRS?"He acknowledged knowing a couple of regular customer friends of mine,Seaplane Pilot among them.My girl and I seemed to both want something from the vitello part of the menu.I ordered the veal parm.I can't remember the name of the dish she ordered except Mike called it the veal bocca for short.Mine veal parm was fabulous and huge but the veal bocca was just outstanding!What a great flavor in the sauce.We had no wait to be seated,and the food was on our table in 10 minutes.Mike was quite a character also.Two thumbs up from us!!

Last edited by SIKSUKR; 09-11-2007 at 08:48 AM.
SIKSUKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #79
robmac

food and service far above average and always more than I can finish,keep it up
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #80
Mr Port Jefferson

Thumbs up Specials are special!

I gotta tell you we went to Nadia's in Early August, and I had a meal that I still remeber! It was a special of Home Made "Purse Pasta" with cheese and procuitto (sp?) The gravy (thats what we call it at home, ie sauce ) was great! I can not say enough about it. We had a large party and the service was commendable, polite and fast. Nadia I'll see you more often!
Mr Port Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #81
sa meredith

Default Casual?

OK, so after reading most of this thread, we decided on trying this place tomorrow evening. My girl and I are fans of The Colosseum in Salem, NH and I suspect the food will be similar. My question is this: Is casual dress OK here:
Shorts, polo shirt, sandals type stuff???
Looking forward to it...
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #82
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith
Is casual dress OK here
Perhaps their website will provide some insight...

http://www.nadtratt.com/welcome.htm
Old 09-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #83
jetskier

Default Casual

Quote:
OK, so after reading most of this thread, we decided on trying this place tomorrow evening. My girl and I are fans of The Colosseum in Salem, NH and I suspect the food will be similar. My question is this: Is casual dress OK here:
Looking forward to it...
They are definitely casual.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #84
SIKSUKR

Quote:
My question is this: Is casual dress OK here:
Looking forward to it...
Definately.I had shorts and tee shirt on last week.Some people were dressed a little better than that but it's casual.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #85
jeffk

Thumbs up First visit

We dropped by Nadia's on Wednesday for the first time. We had the Caprese Supreme for an appetizer. My wife had the Vitella Saltimbocca and I had a special, Shrimp Nadia, for dinner. Everything was delicious. The service was friendly and attentive. Overall, a very nice experience. We introduced ourselves to Nadia. We don't get down to Gilford that often but Nadia's is now a good reason to make the trip.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #86
SIKSUKR

Jeff,wasn't that veal bocca fabulous?I can't say enough about how great that sauce is.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:44 PM   #87
MaidenCove07

Default Another fan...

I love Nadia's, tho' I'm ashamed to say I haven't been as often as I'd have liked this summer.

So how do you say Trattoria anyway?
Is it tra-TOR-ee ah or is it Tra-to-REE ah??

I have dinner at Nadia's bet on it.
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #88
MaidenCove07

Default Really - can anyone answer?

Is it tra-TOR-ree ah or is it Tra-to-REE-ah??

MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #89
upthesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenCove07

Looks like the first gets the nod:

http://www.yourdictionary.com/trattoria
Old 10-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #90
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenCove07

In Italian, the next to last syllable almost always get the accent. So your second choice would be correct in Italy.

In English, the Oxford dictionary says the second one is also correct (http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/trattoria?view=get). But the last poster found a different answer, so pick the one that wins you the bet .

- Frank
Old 10-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #91
JayDV

Default I always get mixed up there

I am of Italian descent (know enough of the language to get arrested) but when I suggest going to the tra-TOR-ee-ya to order a gnocchi (potato pasta) dinner I get laughed at by others who speak Italian. So I now suggest a simple beef dinner at the local caf-a-ter-EE-ya.
JayDV is offline   Reply With Quote