Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default NECN's TV Diner to visit Major Brands in Belmont

Billy Costa and his TV Diner crew will be visiting the Major Brands showroom on Rt. 3 in Belmont. Chefs from CANOE and "O" will be featured. I'm not sure of the time but I think the date mentioned was November 10.

Can anyone confirm?

Our restaurant, , welcomes you to experience sophisticated dining overlooking Lake Opechee. Enjoy hand cut steaks and the freshest seafood complemented by a new world of wine and martinis.
– where the classics become new again.

Serving lunch Monday - Friday 11:30am to 2:30pm

Last edited by mcdude; 10-29-2007 at 06:39 AM.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Weirs guy

mcd, I heard an advertisement for this on 106.9 the other day, but I can't remember the date. Hopefully you can catch a commercial on any local station.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
mcdude

Default Straight from the "Horse's" Mouth

Quote:
We will be there from 4-7 pm and then the crew from tv diner will be at o steaks for dinner. Spread the word... thank you.

Scott Ouellette
Owner/Chef

Canoe Restaurant
O Steaks & Seafood
Old 11-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
mcdude

from the Citizen

Quote:
BELMONT — To celebrate its grand re-opening and "living kitchen showroom," Baron's Major Brands Appliances will host a cooking demonstration Saturday featuring chefs from two local restaurants as well as Billy Costa, host of NECN's TV Diner.

The event, which will take place from 5-7 p.m. at the Route 3 appliance store, is open to the public although an RSVP is requested.

Scott Ouellette, chef and owner of O's Steaks and Seafood in Lakeport and a principle with Canoe of Center Harbor, will be joined by O's Head Chef Andy Juhasz in preparing what Juhasz called "a wide variety of appetizers," including "O pops," house macaroni and cheese, rib eye steaks, pot stickers, cheeses, fruits and mini pulled-pork sandwiches. There will also be desserts, coffees and other beverages.

Juhasz and Ouellette's efforts will be overseen by Costa, who will later dine at O's with his production crew.

Epstein explained that the "new" Laconia Baron's follows a model set by the company's Salem store, which is inspired by the layout of a furniture store.

"We've redesigned the whole store and typically if you go to any appliance store you see all refrigerators and stoves lined up and what we did was develop these little vignettes where we put all the appliances from one manufacturer in one room, just like you would see in a kitchen," said Epstein.

And, like in a real kitchen, all the appliances are live, she added.

Epstein expects a strong turnout on Saturday, based on a similar event held earlier this year at the Salem Baron's where Costa was also in attendance.

To attend Saturday's event, RSVP to Priscilla Epstein at priscillabaronsmajorbrands.com or 524-0163 ext. 7436.