Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
Kasey

Default O

We have been to the "O" four or five times now and for the most part, think it's a pretty good restaurant. The atmosphere is nice and the food is good (except for the tallapia which is too "encrusted" for my taste and is served atop a bed of watery spinach).

I have a problem, however, with any restaurant that charges $20 plus for an entree that does not include both a starch and a vegetable. If the dish does not come with, for example, a potato, you have to order it as a "side" which is another $4. I think the entree price is enough that it should include both the vegetable and the potato/rice or whatever compliments the dish.
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
WeirsBeachBoater

Default I care to disagree.....

I think O is great. If you are not happy with any establishments pricing, don't go there. I have never been disappointed at O and will gladly pay higher prices for food that warrants it. I also like that I am not automatically forced into garlic mashed, and have a choice of my potato. O's is not an everyday place to eat, but it sure is a treat.
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
Kasey

Default oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsBeachBoater
I think O is great. If you are not happy with any establishments pricing, don't go there. I have never been disappointed at O and will gladly pay higher prices for food that warrants it. I also like that I am not automatically forced into garlic mashed, and have a choice of my potato. O's is not an everyday place to eat, but it sure is a treat.

I thought this was a forum to discuss opinions on restaurants, not an opportunity to respond by personally scolding someone for expressing a thought! I think you missed my point about the pricing at O. I simply think that restaurants that charge $20 or more for an entree should not nickle and dime their patrons for so-called "sides."
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #4
WeirsBeachBoater

Default Simply stated my opinion

Sorry you took personal offense.
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #5
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsBeachBoater
Sorry you took personal offense.
As did Kasey.No need to jump on that.Most restaurants don't "force" you into garlic mashed,most give you a choice.Kasey's point was that choice should be included in the price.I quite agree.
Kasey (06-18-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
winnitru

Default Where's O?

Where's O?
winnitru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #7
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnitru
Where's O?
Hope this gets you up to speed:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4124
Old 06-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #8
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnitru
Where's O?
This should guide you to O's...

http://www.lakeoinnandspa.com/location.php
Old 07-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #9
MaidenCove07

Thumbs up My Review

Went to the O last Friday upon the recommendation of many of you here.

I can't say enough about the 1 pound Lobster Mac and Cheese, that bread and home made flavored butter they serve with it or our server who was a dandy. I was slightly disappointed that all the lobster meat was only claws, but it was still very flavorful - that day and for lunch the day after

We started with a Lettuce wedge salad which was nice and cold.

I had wanted the 1/4 pound Lob. Mac & Cheese with a side of 12 oz Lobster Tail which was also on the menu. Unfortunately, the menu needs to be updated or something because apparently, the "powers that be" told the O that they can't serve lobster tails that big.......OK then, how about serving several tails that are smaller???? Just a suggestion.

Anyway - they view on the deck made the meal that much more enjoyable.

It's a treat kind of place with their prices (I call places like these "good place to take a date" places), but a treat worth making the trip for. Highly recommended if you have a wallet fat enough for it or need a place for a special occasion.
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #10
donnamatrix

Default O is Great

Went to "O" on July 14th. There were 8 of us. The restaurant was a little warm temperature wise, but the food/drink are fantastic. Absolutely terrific food and the wait staff is extremely good at what they do. We had 4 couples that had separate drink bills, and one bill for the food service. Not a wrinkle in any of it and that's quite a bit to ask of a waitress on a Saturday night. We can't wait to go back. I recommend EVERYTHING.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #11
Bailey

Smile worth the trip

I have been to the O' Steaks and Seafood on several occasions now, and I always have enjoyed everything about the place, the food has always been fantastic, the portions very generous, the service outstanding, although I do have to say that we have our favorite server, whether I'm there for a nice dinner for 2 with my wife she has made it a perfect night out for us, or out for a family dinner Kelley has been awsome, she has always made us feel so welcome with our kids.
Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix
Went to "O" on July 14th. There were 8 of us. The restaurant was a little warm temperature wise, but the food/drink are fantastic. Absolutely terrific food and the wait staff is extremely good at what they do. We had 4 couples that had separate drink bills, and one bill for the food service. Not a wrinkle in any of it and that's quite a bit to ask of a waitress on a Saturday night. We can't wait to go back. I recommend EVERYTHING.
Others seem to share your opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen.com
Saturday, October 13, 2007

Lakeport restaurant 2nd in 'Great Chef' contest

By JOHN KOZIOL
jkoziol@citizen.com

The inaugural Maker's Mark "Mark of a Great Chef" competition to find the best chef/mixologist team in New Hampshire came down to the plucky newcomer and the venerable veteran.

And in the end, by a thin margin, Wentworth by the Sea in Newcastle edged out Lakeport's own O Steaks and Seafood for best use of Maker's Mark bourbon in food and drink in the five-restaurant field that also included Cotton in Manchester; C.R. Sparks in Bedford and Buckleys Great Steaks in Merrimack.

"From what I understand, it was real close," said Andy Juhasz, O's head chef, on Tuesday.

Juhasz along with Chef and Owner Scott Ouellette, Sous Chef Paul Conlon and Bartender Elemer David made up the O's team which served up a "Maker's Mark pepper-encrusted rack of elk" and a "Star Hill Martini." Wentworth by the Sea won with its maple and Maker's Mark glazed pork chop and ginger Old Fashioned Manhattan.
http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...053/-1/CITIZEN
Old 10-17-2007, 09:11 PM   #13
Hermit Cover

Default Makers....

Ladies and Gentlemen....What you have just witnessed was representative of Bill Samuels' (the charismatic owner of Kentucky's Makers Mark distillery) genius at advertising and the win-win situation one of his campaigns creates. Notwithstanding...Makers Mark with it's world - renowned red wax dipped topknot....it is from MHO the best of the best sippin' whiskies known to man, and woman. Being a KY native and a resident of Marion County..home of Loretto and Star Hill Distillery ( a national landmark ) Bill Samuels Jr. has made Makers Mark one of the most recognized "brands" in the bar back...and one of the tastiest. Check out the Makers website and you can become a Makers Ambassador...get your name on a barrel of the finest whiskey this side of the Ohio...It's great about the food and the chefs and bartenders....but wonderful for the Red - topped bottle sales. David Pickerill knows how to brew one great bourbon.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #14
jniff101

Default I have a sweet tooth

How are the desserts? what do they have
jniff101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #15
canoe

Smile response time

Just wanted to answer a few questions about the "response time". Being August,Sept, october a few of busiest times in the lakes region and owning two restaurants that operate 7 days serving lunch and diner keeps me very busy. I spend 12-14 hr of the time making sure the restaurants have all the necessities, making sure food quality and reciepes are followed to ensure we are consistant, and a least 2-3 hours a day managing. not only do i take care of this but i actually cook 6 nights a week and run a catering business, so i am sorry it took so long for a response. I tend to spend whatever time left in the day making sure my customers are happy. in the future i will try to find some time to read the forum on a more regular basis. I wish there were more hours in the day..
canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #16
The Big Kahuna

Default O Dough and Deep Fried Oreos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniff101
How are the desserts? what do they have
These are two of my favorites and they are un-believable, served with ice cream. O Dough is their version of fried dough, and the Fried Oreos are Oreo cookies dipped in fried dough, I have never had a better dessert.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote