Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
TimmyG

Default Lake Restaraunts

I am new to NH and will be hopefully doing plenty of boating this summer. Are there places to eat on the lake that have docks? Can I cruise over to a restaraunt with the boat, tie off and go eat?

Just curious.

TG
TimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
sa meredith

Default wow....

Are you serious??? Yeah, more than a few!
Anything from a breakfast diner, to a music blastin' beach bar, to a formal sit down dinner. All very reachable by boat. I would first recommend a well marked chart, as the lake can very deceptive at times...seemingly wide open water, turning instantly into a rock shoal (called the witches), and many man other hazards. Anyway...
The olny advice I would offer is this. Depending on how long you have been boating, you may first want to try a place easy in, easy out. The Meredith town docks are spread far apart, and are very easy for a new boater to navigate. That area offers no less 10/12 choices of places to eat. Probably more. Don't miss Geoge's Diner for breakfast...the best.
Again, if you are new, try to avoid somewhere like the Wolfeboro docks on weekends. Very busy, very narrow, very intimidating...requires backing out between two or three boats when leaving. Tough to get the hang of...although people always ready to lend a hand. If you fancy a cocktail (as I do) and are confident in your docking skills, do stop in at Wolfeboro, and head up to "The Upper Deck" sports bar. Great, great views, and a very nice bar. There are many places to go all over the lake...I'm sure you will get many diffent opinions. Have fun...
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
jrc

Order the Bizer lake map from this site, you won't regret it.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/shop.html
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyG View Post
I am new to NH and will be hopefully doing plenty of boating this summer. Are there places to eat on the lake that have docks?

Just curious.

TG
Here's a quicky preview...

Here's Bizer's list - be mindful that not all eateries stay in business forever, the list may be obsolete through attrition...

Bizer's website...
Old 03-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
Gatto Nero

You might give this book a try.

A Motorboater's Guide to Lake Winnipesaukee:Exploring the Lake by Boat
by J. E. Clay

If you go to some of the tourist spots you might find some free pamphlets that offer the same type of info.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
Cristen

Default Boating to Restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyG View Post
I am new to NH and will be hopefully doing plenty of boating this summer. Are there places to eat on the lake that have docks? Can I cruise over to a restaraunt with the boat, tie off and go eat?

Just curious.

TG
Hi Timmy,

Welcome to the big lake! There are many places you can take to boat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and/or even drinks!

I think Meredith has some of the best restaurants on the water. Lakehouse Grill & Lago are both Common Man Restaurants. They are right on the water and have docks. As mentioned already, George's Diner has a great breakfast, and so does Sunshine & Pa's in Meredith. They are both a short walk from the town docks.

For drinks - try the Margate Beach Bar in Paugus Bay. Grab a seat at the bar - do not sit at the tables as the service is very slow!

Hope this helps. Enjoy the summer on the lake!
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
Weirs guy

On your way through the Weirs channel don't forget to pull the boat up to liliuokalanis (yes, there will be a spelling test at the end of the hour) for some ice cream!

http://www.liliuokalanis.com/

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #8
nerual721

Default Don't Forget Us - Please

Please make sure you add the Lyons' Den Restaurant & Tavern to your list. We are located in Gilford and there is one dock that is public. Make sure you check the signs - they are pretty serious about having Gilford stickers for the Gilford docks. You can check out our menus and some of our views @ http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3nm2c/lyonsden/index.html
nerual721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual721 View Post
Please make sure you add the Lyons' Den Restaurant & Tavern to your list. We are located in Gilford and there is one dock that is public. Make sure you check the signs - they are pretty serious about having Gilford stickers for the Gilford docks. You can check out our menus and some of our views @ http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3nm2c/lyonsden/index.html
Sounds good- I will have to check you out!!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote