Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Coe House Restaurant

Post Coe House Restaurant Updates!

Coe House Updates

Many thanks to all of our loyal supporters who graciously welcomed Coe House back into the community this past summer season! We enjoyed a fantastic first season, offering exciting new dinner, pub and children’s menus, and a fresh new décor to complement the building’s existing beauty.

Beginning December 16th through April 19th, our Winter Season hours take effect; we will be open only for Special Events, hosted at our ‘house’…or yours! We will return to our nightly dinner hours on April 19th, to kick off another summer season in the beautiful Lakes Region.

In the meantime, we are busy planning monthly events to be held at the Coe House…..look for more updates on our:

Signature Wine Dinners…our Chef creates a tasting menu, masterfully paired with wines.

Home Comfort Cares Dinner….Home Comfort and Coe House team up to benefit Community Caregivers, neighbors helping neighbors in need.

....and more! Stay tuned!

For questions, updates, to book an event/catering, order gift certificates, or to be added to our mailing list (you’ll receive exciting updates, promotions, and be notified about details on any of the above events), give us a call at
(603) 253-8617, or email us at coehouse1@verizon.net.
Coe House Restaurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
fatlazyless

Hey Samian, looks like you really do know the local restaurant market biz, and you can thank your BMW that you were able to sell Coe House when you did.....smart cookie!:coolsm

Unloading that white elephant* onto a Mercedes person is like Robert Frost poetry......the road not take.

*white elephant - something requiring much care and expense and giving little profit or enjoyment

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-23-2008 at 08:33 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

I'd love to run into you over there in May,when they re-open and buy you a drink FLL.......come into the VK sometime and introduce yourself.Saw you at the Meredith elections,but didn't make the connection.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
Lucky2Bhere

The Coe House has pleased many people according to the threads on this forum. We can only hope that the current situation is growing pains and that it comes back stronger than ever. Negative attitudes for a restaurant that pleased so many people last summer is a disservice to them and the entire lakes region.
Lucky2Bhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
mr1drfl

Can you believe they are still selling gift certificates??
mr1drfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #6
DREAMS

Default Customer's honesty and the truth prevails..

It was great to see a message posted directly by the Coehouse owners. I believe all folks living and visiting the lakes region wish them well and success especially located in such a beautiful house and setting. You can't blame the folks seasoned with the original Coe House menu and staff to expect and want equal or better including reasonable and affordable prices. The original Coe House was not "cheap" in dining costs but left you with a value for a "nice treat and enjoyable dining experience". Based on many visitors who work in the community as well as the published menu prices, the costs of dining with the new owners has increased tremendously. Regardless of what the food is, a meal out is a meal out and only has so much value regardless how big the wallets are that walk in that front door. Why not offer much more affordable prices that many more locals could experience their restaurant over and over again. The honest experience of a visitor this summer spending $180.00 for 2 people was outrageous for any restaurant in the Lakes Region! The Canoe is a wonderful restaurant but does need healthy competition. Sam, I ask if these are your friends and you formerly ran the restaurant that became so desired and welcome with quality and affordablity, can you please teach these guys some lessons in prices and menu offerings. Of course, we hope the chef's production of food will at least match your previous chef. Although Alex Ray has been successfull with local restaurant growth, his personal choice of chef's have not always provided the best meals that bring back customers over and over. Hopefully, the new owner's are not depending on the association of Alex Ray with their chef to bring customers with fat wallets to provide their wealth and income. In closing, let's hope the second season of the Coe House is much more affordable, entertaining, smoother and rewarding with delicious meals the entire Lakes Region and families can afford!
DREAMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #7
donnamatrix

Default Scary restaurant business

So, Nadia's is being razed, Black Snout is gone, Grille25, Flurries, JBScoops, JT's BBQ are all for sale... as SAMIAM knows, the restaurant business is TOUGH. But, it's a little scary to me that so many restaurants that have been in business for a long time in this region are folding. Now I hear that the Akwa Soleil/Meredith Bay folks want to build 400 houses behind JT's ... guess I'm not likin' the trends here.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
NHKathy

Default JT's is for sale?!?

As in JT's BBQ & Seafood across from Fun Spot??
When did this happen?
This is the first I've heard of this...
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix View Post
Now I hear that the Akwa Soleil/Meredith Bay folks want to build 400 houses behind JT's ... guess I'm not likin' the trends here.
Wasn't that part of the original conceptual plans? Both sides of the road?
My GPS depicts a road approx. across from their current entrance, but the current entrance is not there, while the old road up the hill is on the GPS map!

Seems when one puts things in perspective, JT's been there a while and original partner passed away several years ago; selling of Grille25, Flurries, JBScoops would not be a surprise as owners of three are the same couple, so why not sell and "retire"? Let'em have their retirement!
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
phoenix

the good news is we have many great restaurants in the lakes region to cover the whole summer