Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
luvthelake

Thumbs down Rosie's in Tamworth

Yesterday my family and I wanted to find a place to stop for breakfast. We came upon Rosie's in Tamworth. The place was fairly busy with a line of folks waiting for tables. No big deal, it's the week of the 4th, we expected it to be busy. We sat at a table and waited 15 minutes before a waitress even came over to speak to us. In the midst of ordering, the kitchen staff waved at her and she excused herself to go to the kitchen to pick up and deliver another customer's food. She hadn't even finished taking our order! When she returned, we told her we were very surprised that she would be called away like that in the middle of the order. She said the kitchen staff did this "all the time." We asked to speak to a supervisor. The waitress seemed pleased that we wanted to say something too. Brit the supervisor came out. We asked about why a waitress would be called away in the middle of taking a customer's order. He replied with, "Excuse me Ma'am, but don't you like your food hot??" We said of course we do, but you don't leave a customer in the middle of an order like that. He was convinced that what he did was right, that we didn't matter, that the food had to be hot. I said that 30 seconds more wouldn't make the food cold. He was belligerent and almost yelling that the food had to be hot that was their mail purpose. What I want to know is if you handle your customers like this, who cares if the food is hot, you won't have any customers! At this point, we got up and left. How can a restaurant treat customers like that?? Needless to say...I would NOT recommend this place to anyone.
luvthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
PennyPenny

Where is Rosies in Tamworth? I know of Sam and Rosies in Center Harbor next to the bagel shop. Anywho, I work for a local, popular restaurant and I know first hand that any server would never be called from a table to serve another. The food would sit another few minutes under the heat light or another server or the owner/manage/host would deliver it if needed. But then again, the table recieving the food would get the wrong impression. The restarant business is a no win situation sometimes. You can please some people some of the time but never all the people all the time. I have seen and heard so many complaints and comments and compliments over the years that i just want to give up and retire. Fortunately I am one of the people behind the scenes who care about my work and quality to keep doing it. I sure hope someone out there understands what the business is like working in a hot kitchen trying to keep ahead of the game.
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
luvthelake

Rosie's is on Route 16 North heading to Conway. You know, I wouldn't have minded waiting as the place was busy. The waitress was very polite and apologized for the wait. But it was a holiday week and we expected to have to wait some. But the way we were spoken to was just wrong. He could have said, "I'm sorry we like to serve our food hot. That is our policy." Or something like that, headed back into the kitchen and complained about us behind our backs. But the fact that he was almost yelling at us (the whole place was looking), just turned me off. I know the industry isn't easy, but there are lots of folks who do it MUCH better than that.

Kudos to you for enjoying it enough to want to keep doing it. You're absolutely correct, you can't please all the people all the time.
luvthelake is offline   Reply With Quote