Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2021, 07:50 PM   #1
trfour

Default Two-thirds-of-americans-to-ban-unvaxxed-relatives

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...edgdhp&pc=U531

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 11-14-2021, 03:15 PM   #2
SailinAway

Sad but necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post:
trfour (11-14-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 03:40 PM   #3
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

What a crock. 2000 people are nowhere near an affective sample size for the 300 million people in this country. It is extremely doubtful in my opinion that 2/3 of Americans are going to ban un vaxed relatives

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
bigdog (11-14-2021), Charlie T (11-14-2021), DotRat (11-14-2021), Seaplane Pilot (11-14-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 04:55 PM   #4
LoveLakeLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Sad but necessary.
Necessary? Brainwashed and sick is more like it. What’s sad is being so miserable and gullible. Live like a normal person or stay home under the bed and tell everyone about it so you can pretend that you’re impressing them.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveLakeLife For This Useful Post:
bigdog (11-14-2021), Charlie T (11-14-2021), joey2665 (11-14-2021), Seaplane Pilot (11-14-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 05:37 PM   #5
Seaplane Pilot

Default On the contrary….

I’m banning anyone from my house that got the shot, because they are the super spreaders. More stuffing please…..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2021, 05:49 PM   #6
LoveLakeLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I’m banning anyone from my house that got the shot, because they are the super spreaders. More stuffing please…..
If they have a mask or six then they’re that much more deadly! Ban them from the neighborhood and set up a perimeter. I’ll take potatoes over stuffing though. Lol

The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLakeLife For This Useful Post:
Seaplane Pilot (11-14-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 07:33 PM   #7
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
What a crock. 2000 people are nowhere near an affective sample size for the 300 million people in this country. It is extremely doubtful in my opinion that 2/3 of Americans are going to ban un vaxed relatives
Well, scientifically speaking, 2000 participants is more than enough for a reasonably accurate poll on this topic. What's that you say? You're not interested in the science of determining sample size? You prefer to go with your personal opinion? No problem. For those who are interested, here's an article on this: https://www.qualtrics.com/experience...e-sample-size/

The population in this poll consisted of "U.S. residents." Let's assume that means adults. There are about 258 million adults in the US. You can use this rough calculator to figure out how many people you would need to survey to get a reasonably accurate answer to the survey question (5% margin of error): https://www.checkmarket.com/sample-s...ize-calculator

Using that calculator, the required sample size is 385.

The poll found that 63% of participants had excluded unvaccinated family members from their holiday gatherings this year.

Now, why would it upset you to hear that? Can it be because you want us to believe that the majority of Americans share your views of the pandemic and you fear you're actually in the minority?
Old 11-14-2021, 08:30 PM   #8
joey2665

Quote:
Well, scientifically speaking, 2000 participants is more than enough for a reasonably accurate poll on this topic. What's that you say? You're not interested in the science of determining sample size? You prefer to go with your personal opinion? No problem. For those who are interested, here's an article on this: https://www.qualtrics.com/experience...e-sample-size/

The population in this poll consisted of "U.S. residents." Let's assume that means adults. There are about 258 million adults in the US. You can use this rough calculator to figure out how many people you would need to survey to get a reasonably accurate answer to the survey question (5% margin of error): https://www.checkmarket.com/sample-s...ize-calculator

Using that calculator, the required sample size is 385.

The poll found that 63% of participants had excluded unvaccinated family members from their holiday gatherings this year.

Now, why would it upset you to hear that? Can it be because you want us to believe that the majority of Americans share your views of the pandemic and you fear you're actually in the minority?
Thank you for the nasty comments I really appreciate it. Do what you want, take statistics from a quantitative analysis website that’s fine I don’t care I still doubt the accuracy of the pole. I could take 2000 people and make a pole come out anyway I want to if I sample the right 2000 people. You completely leave our diversity of the sample. What if all 2000 people were students at Oberlin College?

And I don’t honestly care what you were anybody else believes I have my own convictions in life that I draw from my own research and experiences which have made me happy and successful in life. I don’t push them on anybody else like others do.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:57 PM   #9
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Last Thanksgiving I asked Grandma if she could pass the stuffing and she said yes, but she had a little trouble with the corn................
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (11-15-2021), LooneyLovegood (11-22-2021), rander7823 (11-19-2021), Seaplane Pilot (11-15-2021), Senter Cove Guy (11-14-2021), Woodsy (11-15-2021)
Old 11-15-2021, 06:39 AM   #10
fatlazyless

November 12, 2021: WMUR town-by-town corona virus cases list;

https://www.wmur.com/article/covid-1...-town/37155089 ..... a town-by-town NH-list and 28-minute Corona-NH video (Wednesday-Nov 10, 2021) with Gov Chris Sununu and NH corona virus team people.

After looking at this WMUR report, me-thinks is time once again to be wearing a mask indoors at stores like Walmart and Market Basket, and I've been vaxxed three times, all right already! ..... .... HOO-YAH!

This list provided by the NH-DHHS has Laconia with 85 active, 1874 total, and 17 NEW cases. Who knows but maybe I would catch the Covid-19 and it will stunningly make my tinnitus expire without making me expire! ..... .... HOO-YAH!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-15-2021 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:24 AM   #11
John Mercier

They will move back to a mask requirement.
The ''politics'' of large companies is the quarterly.

The companies that handle this the best are going to have the best quarterlies going forward. Both those companies have a strong online/remote purchasing system in place... so they will move customers toward that option.

Even our company has free delivery on orders over $100... I have sold millions of dollars worth of goods without ever meeting the customer in person.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:30 AM   #12
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I could take 2000 people and make a pole come out anyway I want to if I sample the right 2000 people. You completely leave our diversity of the sample. What if all 2000 people were students at Oberlin College? And I don’t honestly care what you were anybody else believes I have my own convictions in life that I draw from my own research and experiences which have made me happy and successful in life. I don’t push them on anybody else like others do.
Polls like this use random sampling. Similar results were found by a Harris poll in September. I invite you to share your research on any Covid topic so we can all learn more.
Old 11-15-2021, 10:14 AM   #13
Woodsy

Default Absurd!

Regardless of political affiliation, You are a a moron if you honestly think that 220 MILLION people out of a population of 330M are going to turn away relatives because of Covid. Fear mongering at its best!

220M is absolutely absurd number.... especially when you consider only 47M people in total have been infected with Covid (14% of the population although I think that number might be higher say 16%) and of that number, Covid is listed as the cause of death for 760K (a dubious number at best as they blamed Covid for everything) So the Covid death rate is running at approx 1.6% of known Covid infections... the percentages drop dramatically when applied to total population (0.23% or .0023 if you want decimal) Less than 1/4 of 1%!

Covid is a genetically modified gain of function virus.... No amount of vaxxing, isolation or mandating is going to get rid of this! This virus is endemic and here to stay.... On the upside, soon enough we will have pills etc to take to minimize the symptoms...

Woodsy
Old 11-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #14
trfour

Exclamation Thank God For Mainstream

https://www.wcvb.com/article/thanksg...qwb_D4WUnmFXM#

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 11-15-2021, 10:28 AM   #15
Garcia

My guess (yes, just a guess) is that the reason relatives and friends are not invited is not really about vaccination status but instead about political beliefs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Garcia For This Useful Post:
TheRoBoat (11-15-2021)
Old 11-15-2021, 12:01 PM   #16
trfour

Default No one,and nothing is perfect in this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
My guess (yes, just a guess) is that the reason relatives and friends are not invited is not really about vaccination status but instead about political beliefs.
Hi Garcia,

TRUTH; The Pandemic is here, and unfortunately there are TOO many people getting in the Way of life's long Science Education of this Pandemic.

Since 1944 and All of my vaccinations including Military, have kept me around.
NO guess and or Politics for this guy...

Stay well ,
Terry

Old 11-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #17
joey2665

Quote:
Polls like this use random sampling. Similar results were found by a Harris poll in September. I invite you to share your research on any Covid topic so we can all learn more.
Go back at look at Harris poll results prior to the last 2 presidential elections, that will give you all the information you need as to their accuracy
Old 11-15-2021, 12:27 PM   #18
John Mercier

The last several holidays... especially Thanksgiving which is focused on a meal... have been disruptive for us; but less politics than the simple process of the children getting older and starting families of their own.

They've done dinner at one house and dessert at another, but as the grandchildren begin their adult life and partnerships, the number of houses to attend makes it staggering.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:17 PM   #19
gravy boat

Default Geez…

After weeks of not checking this forum I return to find almost the same people.

Same arguments.

No minds changed on either side.

But entertaining so thank you…both vaxxed and unvaxxed. The fearful and the brave. Masked and unmasked.

Happy Thanksgiving to both sides. Truly wish you all plenty of good times with family.

Well, if you’re not afraid to be with family. If you are then I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your cats.

See you all in a month where I expect to see nothing has changed.
The Following User Says Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post:
Blyblvrd (11-16-2021)
Old 11-15-2021, 10:09 PM   #20
John Mercier

Both would be fearful.
Fearful of the effects of Covid, or fearful of the effects of the vaccine.
Old 11-15-2021, 11:44 PM   #21
gillygirl

From now on, I’m going to beat the “it’s not specifically lake related” drum. Put this stuff in the non-lake related heading. Don’t tell me to skip over it. Police yourselves and put it under the appropriate group.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Lakegeezer (11-16-2021)
Old 11-16-2021, 05:03 AM   #22
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
From now on, I’m going to beat the “it’s not specifically lake related” drum. Put this stuff in the non-lake related heading. Don’t tell me to skip over it. Police yourselves and put it under the appropriate group.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Just a note that, for many of us, it doesn't matter which section it's in—on the Winni app and Tapatalk, posts are listed in order of new activity, not topic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
trfour (11-16-2021)
Old 11-16-2021, 06:57 PM   #23
LakeDad

Holy crap.
Lots of ugly comments on both sides here.

Pick a topic, almost any topic, and you’ll see two extremes. Both are wrong because both are driven by beliefs and ego, rather than a collection of facts and reasoning.

Relax. We’re supposed to be on the same team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2021, 09:39 PM   #24
John Mercier

But they are not.

Those of us vaccinated are told that we must wear a mask and quarantine after any positive test regardless of symptoms to protect those that are not vaccinated.

Obviously this works because a certain portion of our population doesn't have access to the vaccine - as of yet.

But it is effectively changing how we function.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:58 AM   #25
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default Is vaccine the answer?

Vermont is one of the most vaccinated states in the country and has served as a model for its COVID-19 response throughout the pandemic. But now, the state is experiencing its worst COVID-19 surge yet, with several factors -- including its own success -- to blame, officials said.

In Vermont, nearly 72% of residents are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 -- more than any other state, according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data. At the same time, it has the 12th-highest rate of new COVID-19 cases over the last week, data released Tuesday shows.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:25 AM   #26
John Mercier

And it may.
I am in the process of sitting home quarantined for ten days due to a breakthrough positive test. I have no symptoms; but we have to protect those that have not vaccinated.

Luckily, I have vacation time... but I hate sitting home.

I have been informed my health care premiums will be rising 25%, mostly due to covid costs.

But what is the excuse going to be next summer when vaccine exists for those all the way down to six months.

Is the excuse going to be that I have to protect those that made a choice?

It isn't like my company doesn't know that I have had stronger employment offers... and that sitting home gives me time to question whether I should be working for someone else.