Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2020, 08:39 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Thumbs up ...big pick-ups, thankyou!

Twice today, Feb 12, over at the intersection of River Rd and Rt-3 Daniel Webster Hgwy, between 9 and 10 in the morning, I got helped twice by two different guys, total strangers, in two different full size pick-ups.

"Get that license plate, that's a hit & run" is all I had to shout and two guys in a large pick-up with a snowplow were right there, chasing after my hit & run, as it was speeding away from the scene. Apparently, they must have stayed on his tail, and called the Plymouth Police, because about 30-minutes later a police officer showed up to where my car was pushed into the snowbank, and informed me the hit & run had been located at the Plymouth Senior Center.

After about 30-minutes of shoveling snow from around my car, another guy in a big pickup stopped to ask if I needed a tow ...... tying a heavy line from his trailer hitch to my trailer hitch got my car towed out of the deep snowbank .... very smooth.

So, three cheers for local guys in pick-up trucks who will help you out of a jam ... thanks very much to two unknown, local pick-up drivers.

I filed a claim with my insurance and am thinking they may just total out my ride .... a 2013 Japanese econo-box w/ 193,000 miles and 5-speed manual and original spark plugs .... wait and see! The insurance company is the big boss, here.

I have absolutely no problem with the police not wanting to prosecute the older guy, hit & run driver. People get old, really need their drivers license for driving, no one was hurt, and insurance pays. In 20-years I'll be an 88-year old still driving a 5-speed manual, econo-box ....... so, I could be that hit & run driver, looking ahead to year-2040. It was like he never even saw my car coming ...... so's another strong reason to drive with headlights turned on. Headlights could maybe have made a big difference here?

The big take-away for me is how very important it is to have very good automobile insurance coverage ..... strong insurance is the #1 most important item in your car ...... don't you know it!