Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Outdoor Recreation
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2004, 02:56 PM   #1
nerogato

Default Paintball in the Lakes Region???

Does anyone know if there are any paintball focused stores or organized paintball playing fields in the lakes region?

My son and his friends have recently started playing paintball back home in Mass and they are now interested in coming up to our lake home to take advantage of some wooded land behind my house. Apparently their guns use CO2 tanks that need to be recharged every so often. Back home they have these tanks filled at a paintball shop. After a cursory search of Winni.com etc and I could not find anything like that in this area. If anybody knows where they might be able to get their tanks filled around here the information would be greatly appreciated.
nerogato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 03:57 PM   #2
Tir Na Nog

Default Paintball Fields

I am not sure whether it is still active, but there is a sign along Route 28 in Barnstead (which is just south of Alton Bay) referring to a place that I believe is called OSG paintball. Not a paintballer myself and therefore, cannot offer any other information. I just recall the sign.
Tir Na Nog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 06:37 PM   #3
Pepper

The CO2 canisters can be refilled at Martel's bait shop on Bay Street in Laconia. The remainder of the supplies - paintballs, etc., can be purchased at the Walmart store in Gilford. I'm unaware of any local clubs, but your own property is a great place for the boys to enjoy themselves. Just make sure they use the proper protective devices - masks, etc!
Old 11-22-2004, 10:00 PM   #4
WeirsBeachBoater

Default Where are you in the area?

There a few places... depends where you are!
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:40 AM   #5
nerogato

Default Paintball in the lakes region

Pepper, thanks for the info. The CO2 is the most important thing, as they can stock up the paint. Yes, they have the masks and they understand the rules. They even talked me into getting a set up as well, so I'm going to give it a run. Guess I'll have to show these young pups a thing or two on the battle field.

WeirsBeachBoater, we are in the Moultonboro/Meredith area. Do you know of anyplace closer than Laconia?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2004, 10:10 AM   #6
Pepper

Nerogoto, I'll see if I can locate somewhere to recharge the CO2 canisters which might be closer to the Moultonboro area. I'll ask around and see what I can come up with for you.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:09 PM   #7
nerogato

Default My Sporting Goods Place

For all those in the Meredith area that might be interested, I found out that a place called My Sporting Goods Store, in the back of Ben Franklin (formerly Meredith Harley Davidson), carries paintball gear and does refill the C02 tanks. From talking to the owner it seems that paintball if pretty popular around this area. Based on the responses to this post apparently not so for the folks on this forum. For all those who have not tried yet I would suggest you give it a shot. The kids and I went out today and we had a blast.