Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
jkjoshuatree

Wink Quick Summary of My Month At The Lake

My, how time flies!

For no apparent reason other than I wish I was back up there, I'm sharing some of the things I did.

Restaurants:

Lemon Grass
Lago (2x)
Baileys (more times than I care to mention)
Garwoods (2x)
Kevin's Cafe
Sea King
Guisseppe's
Ben & Jerry's
Morrissey's
The Restaurant (3x)
Burrito Me
East of Suez

Hikes:

Back Bay (9x-1x via bike)
Knights Pond
Abenaki Fire Tower
Five Finger Point (3x)
Chamberlain-Reynolds
Red Hill
Castle In The Clouds
Weeks Woods
Rattlesnake
Mt. Major

I also rented a boat twice and cruised to Blanchard Island to jump off the rocks and zipped to Meredith for late night ice cream.

Rented a jet ski on the windiest day I've ever been on the Broads (my son loved it though).

Found a rope swing at a secret spot in Wolfeboro.

Visited my Mom's side of the family in Meredith and my Dad's on Bear Island (jumped off the Mail Dock roof too, but don't tell anyone-it's illegal according to the sign).

Purchased some choice cuts of meat and other various items for the Win'ing Butcher Shoppe.

Lit off fireworks and got yelled at.

Had my pups off leash one too many times and had the police summoned by the same friendly neighbor who yelled at me for said fireworks.

Took a Forrest Yoga class in a 105 degree heated room (never sweat so much in my life!).

Celebrated my 3rd year anniversary with my wife.

Swam in the lake first thing every morning after my workout and the last thing at night just before bed.

Went to the Wolfeboro Craft Fair, where I bought way too much stuff to support the local merchants.

Witnessed countless deer, a toad, my first Bald Eagle, a few snakes, and a porcupine (the third time was the charm-the first two times my dogs just had to introduce themselves, which resulted in a trip to the vet and left me $1000 poorer).

Took a few midnight walks by the light of the moon without a flashlight.

And attended several AA meetings just to remind myself that the sober life is better (for me personally) and to also remind myself to be grateful for all that I have.

Thanks for reading!

I'll be back soon!!!!
Argie's Wife (08-18-2010), hazelnut (08-19-2010), Lucky1 (08-18-2010), Old Hubbard Rd (08-17-2010), VtSteve (08-18-2010)