Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #1
NanaSue

Question Posting Photos???

I am new here on the Forum. I have digital photos on iPhoto on my iMac computer. How do I post photos to this site? How do I put them in the correct catergory also? For example: I have a photo I took last Saturday of a double rainbow over Moultonborough Bay. I see there is a rainbow section in the photos. How do I get it there and how do I get the photo from my computer to the website to begin with? Thanks for the help.
NanaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
Mee-n-Mac

Lightbulb Where to go, what to do

OK, first you may want to read this thread and the links contained therein. That will help guide you as to picture sizes and compression ratios. When you've got some pics ready to post you want to go to the Photopost section which can be accessed from the Quick Links menu which you should see when in the Forum. Once in Photopost you should see the Upload Photos menu in the right corner next to the Home * Search * Profile menus. Clicking on that will open a page that allows you to;

- select which category the pic will go under
- enter a short title
- enter a longer description of the picture
- browse to select the picture/file

Then there's a "browse" button that when you click on it will open a box which will allow you to navigate to the folder on your computer where the pics are stored. I can only hope this works the same way on a Mac as it does on a PC but I can't say for sure. This assumes you know where the pics are stored on your Mac. When you're all done with the above hit the "upload/submit" button and follow the instructions. You picture file will be copied from your machine to Winni's server and posted for all to see (after Webmaster D checks it over). Give it a try and if you run into troubles post on back and we'll take it from there. Looking forward to seeing what you've got !

ps - You must be logged in to do all this.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #3
NanaSue

Smile I think it worked.....

What I did was move the photo with the mouse from iPhoto onto my desktop. Then when I clicked upload, it asked from where and I clicked on "desktop". When I last checked, the photo was "pending approval" in the rainbow section. Thanks for the help! I printed your instructions so I'll know what to do next time.
NanaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,062 Posts
Smile Ya done real good

Nice pic of the double rainbow. it is up in photopost gallery, and looks great. Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
webmaster

Thanked 3,728 Times in 824 Posts

Nice shot (below) NanaSue! Just be careful of your file size. Your original picture was 1373.1kb. At that size you'll use up your 4 MB quota in 3 pictures.

When properly prepared most pictures like yours should be 200 to 400 kb. It looks like you may have uploaded the raw, uncompressed image from your digital camera. Next time try using an image editor and reduce it to 1024 X 768 or 1600 X 1200 at the most. This will reduce the image to a better size and also compress it. There are some tips on image editors here. I now use GIMP. It's free!

webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links