Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 05:45 PM   #1
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
I think the biggest assumption here is that Flightcraft has given up dock space at their gas pumps. Unless you are a party that is involved, it is just that, an assumption. Somehow, when people see a topic on "the dive", things just seem to head south (pun intended).

Back on topic.... Hopefully someone will create a thread in the "Restaurant Information & Reviews" category that actually discusses the food.
Whether a thread gets starting in the Resturant section, or not, I have heard all types of reviews... Good and Bad, I think it is a matter of what you are expecting. They are what they are, I wouldn't expect anything fancy, but that is just me... Whether the review be good or bad, the common thread of all reviews seems to be around price.... Once again, I would expect the priciness of the joint, given what it is... Bottom line I don't think it is that bad of a place, if you take it for what it is...

As for threads on the Dive, heading south all the time. What do you expect? It is a huge change for this lake a floating night club. People are not going to be on the fence about it, they are going to either be for it, or against it... Just like the debates we have had on this forum, about no rafting regulations, no wake zones, and speed limits. Some people can except that other peoples views are different some can not.

I agree that it would seem foolish for the Dive, to stay where it is and block the gas dock. But time will tell. The hope may be that most weekends she will go out, who knows, it is all speculation at this point. But isn't that what makes the country great, being able to speculate? Have fun disagreeing? As long as it doesn't go to far, it is all in good fun.... This is online chatting take it to seriously and feelings get hurt... take it for what it is harmless conversation and it is enjoyable...
Paugus Bay Resident (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 06:12 AM   #2
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,628 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Whether a thread gets starting in the Resturant section, or not, I have heard all types of reviews... Good and Bad, I think it is a matter of what you are expecting. They are what they are, I wouldn't expect anything fancy, but that is just me... Whether the review be good or bad, the common thread of all reviews seems to be around price.... Once again, I would expect the priciness of the joint, given what it is... Bottom line I don't think it is that bad of a place, if you take it for what it is...

As for threads on the Dive, heading south all the time. What do you expect? It is a huge change for this lake a floating night club. People are not going to be on the fence about it, they are going to either be for it, or against it... Just like the debates we have had on this forum, about no rafting regulations, no wake zones, and speed limits. Some people can except that other peoples views are different some can not.

I agree that it would seem foolish for the Dive, to stay where it is and block the gas dock. But time will tell. The hope may be that most weekends she will go out, who knows, it is all speculation at this point. But isn't that what makes the country great, being able to speculate? Have fun disagreeing? As long as it doesn't go to far, it is all in good fun.... This is online chatting take it to seriously and feelings get hurt... take it for what it is harmless conversation and it is enjoyable...
Well said.......seems like its the purpose of the forum for everyone to express their views
Old 05-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
webmaster

Thanked 3,730 Times in 826 Posts

I just saw them move The Dive from the gas dock to the end of the pier itself. I thought it might end up there.

Best of all, we've got the view of the Mount back:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Janet (05-16-2019), stingray (05-16-2019), trfour (05-16-2019), Waterbaby (08-05-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
garysanfran

Default Happenin' right now...

Wonder what this is about? Attached to Anthony's...I hope it's friendly...
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #5
fatlazyless

Arrow .... The Dive moves to the left

This seems like an excellent new spot .... away from the Flightcraft marina and water ski school ..... away from the rental dock spaces ..... away from the gasoline dock .... away from the Mount Washington .... with good access(?) through The Pier bringing in potential customers to other Pier businesses .... so, that makes it a win-win-win-win-win ..... that's right ..... a 5-win move, right here in Weirs Beach ...... 5-wins ... !

That should be a very glamorous location for the people on-board The Dive, there, because it's out on the open water and should catch the setting sun rays shining down across the big, open water..... there ..... just like out on a boat

What a totally fabulous ..... genius, even ..... new spot for The Dive at The Pier at Flighcraft on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire, USA!

Today is Thursday, May 16, 2019! ...... and that's the way it is ..... here, along the docks at Weirs Beach, NH.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 05-17-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2019, 07:51 AM   #6
webmaster

Thanked 3,730 Times in 826 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Wonder what this is about? Attached to Anthony's...I hope it's friendly...
There is open space and a separate entrance under Anthony's and the arcade that could be used to board The Dive. I doubt that Anthony's is involved except that they may lose some customers!
Old 05-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #7
AC2717

I hope that is not where it is staying, what a terrible location for everyone. Go back to the dock
Old 05-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #8
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
I hope that is not where it is staying, what a terrible location for everyone. Go back to the dock
So, why do you say that? I drove down to it today, and took a look, and can see how the nearby residential homes on Simpson Ave MAY(?) be upset with it clogging up their view, but for everyone else, the Mount Washington and the people on-board The Dive and the boaters who position close by ..... it seems excellent. And, who knows, maybe the local residents really like it there ...... is possible ....after all ....it is The Weirs?

For the people on-board The Dive and the boats nearby, positioned close, and waiting to get on ..... it seems like a great spot. Will boaters be able to drop anchor and get rowed on-board by a valet row boat? From that location, people on board should get a real good dose of the beautiful setting sun streaming down the big long length of Meredith Bay, there, just like out on a boat.

Plus, it gets the freebie advertising advantage of being very close up, showing on the Weirs Cam, which is huge for publicity. You probably cannot buy publicity like this, and The Dive gets it for free. Similarly, do you the viewer, think it is clogging up the web cam shot, or is it a welcome addition sort of like a big fat spider, very up close, on the camera lens?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 05-18-2019 at 04:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
tmrealtors (05-21-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM   #9
AC2717

location wise and sticking off the pier and blocking the view from Anthony's. Don't see how they are allowed to dock like that.

Not complaining cause it does not affect my view or life, nor business, but it seems very odd to do it that way, why not leave it where it pulled in, still had gas docks all accessible and was tucked in nice and protected. Hope it is marked at night