Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
WakeboardMom

Default New Canoe location

You might want to try this on your way to or from the lake if you pass Bedford, NH on the way. Or...if you don't mind traveling an hour for a nice meal, you're in luck!

Best servers anywhere! (Well...both Canoes have the best servers! ; )

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/...322&source=RSS
Pine Island Guy (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
belly_button_biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
You might want to try this on your way to or from the lake if you pass Bedford, NH on the way. Or...if you don't mind traveling an hour for a nice meal, you're in luck!

Best servers anywhere! (Well...both Canoes have the best servers! ; )

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/...322&source=RSS
Best servers? LOL

this place has gone downhill rapidly since the owner started focusing on other projects
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
VitaBene

Thanked 1,605 Times in 822 Posts
Default Congratulations

Magic Foods (parent company of Canoe, O's and the catering facilities) has certainly grown into a major player in NH!

Congratulations Scott, Sandy, Ray , and all others involved!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
WakeboardMom (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 09:48 PM   #4
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

My wife and I live ten minutes from the new Canoe, and we can't decide if we're happy or sad it's there. Something about keeping the lake destinations special, right?
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #5
Pine Island Guy

Default review

We drive by frequently and have been waiting for the new Canoe to open, thank you WBM for posting that it opened, so we went last night!

Overall - they have done a beautiful job with the interior. A great bar that goes both through the "dining side" and wraps around through the "bar side". The bar area is very large with lots of different sized tables, which is a great idea so they can accommodate a lot of people either to eat in there or wait for their table in the dining room.

We opted to eat in the bar area at a table. Cocktails were well made, a full pour, and tasted great! Instead of a full dinner we decided to share a few of the appetizers: lobster/corn chowder - good but very heavy on the potato and light on chunks of lobster - I prefer the Cman... Ahi Tuna nachos - very yummy, great seasoning, tuna barely seared (perfect), and a nice sized portion... Parmesan/Truffle Tater Tots - definitely not from the freezer section in Shaws! These were great and could have eaten lots more than the appetizer portion For dessert the Molten Chocolate Cake was a perfect end to the evening!

There was a good sized crowd for a Tuesday evening just after opening, the bar was pretty full and looked like several tables in the dining area.

The only negative (and very minor) was that our waitress was a bit aggressive. Especially in a bar where there weren't people waiting for tables... we were expecting a relaxing evening to chat over drinks and food and people watch... every few minutes the waitress came by "are you ready to order?".... and then same for dessert "are you done?"... and then with the dessert the check was delivered... and then came back several times to see if we were ready to pay... nice she was attentive and she was very pleasant... but a few times I said "we're not in any rush, we're just hanging out"... but she didn't get the hint!

A great experience, food and drinks were delicious... didn't have the steaks but they smelled and looked great as they went by the table (and the prices on the menu were on the high-end side so assume they deliver on the value!).

I was a pleasantly full PIG at the end of the evening... -PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pine Island Guy For This Useful Post:
trfour (03-04-2015), WakeboardMom (03-04-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #6
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default too bad about the "aggressive" server...

We were out with friends a week or so ago, and looking for a relaxed dinner, not being rushed on meals or drinks, and being able to enjoy some nice conversation.

Our server got our drinks timely, stopped by once to see if we had any questions on the menu, and when he stopped by a second time, we said we hadn't even looked at the menu yet. His response was "no problem, just put the menus on the corner of the table to let me know that you are ready to order." After enjoying our drinks, we decided on our meal choices, put the menus on the corner, and our server was back to us within a few minutes. Ended up being a great evening, with no server pressure.
Pine Island Guy (03-06-2015)
Old 03-05-2015, 06:02 AM   #7
VitaBene

Thanked 1,605 Times in 822 Posts
Default Just opened

Quote:
Originally Posted by belly_button_biter View Post
Best servers? LOL

this place has gone downhill rapidly since the owner started focusing on other projects
The place being discussed just opened.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
KPW (03-06-2015), Pine Island Guy (03-06-2015), WakeboardMom (03-05-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 04:01 PM   #8
Bonnie W

Last Saturday night my husband and I and some friends had a similar experience at the O’s Bistro in Wolfeboro. We felt very rushed. In fact, I still had food on my fork when you plate was whisked away. But all and all the food and experience was very good.
Bonnie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:01 AM   #9
WakeboardMom

We had drinks and apps at Canoe in Bedford on Friday night on our way to the lake. The two apps we had were wonderful; the ahi tuna nachos and beef pops. The bartender really knows what he's doing; the drinks were fabulous. We were there early (5-ish) and the place was filling up as we were leaving.

I hope they're able to keep that momentum going!