Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
WakeboardMom

Default Question --> NH Fishing Forums?

I'd like to advertise my Moultonborough cottage on a forum like this one; but one that concentrates on fishing in NH. Concentrating specifically on April/May timeframe. A google search wasn't very helpful. Any suggestions for me?

Thank you in advance.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
I'd like to advertise my Moultonborough cottage on a forum like this one; but one that concentrates on fishing in NH. Concentrating specifically on April/May timeframe. A google search wasn't very helpful. Any suggestions for me?

Thank you in advance.
I would try these forums.

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_...php?board=34.0

http://pub32.bravenet.com/forum/stat...rmid=9&msgid=0
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
WakeboardMom

Thank you!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
MikeF-NH

if you are focusing on April/May then perhaps you can put something up here:

http://www.winniderby.com/lodgingandlinks.html

The Winni Derby is May 16, 17 and 18 and I'm sure you could rent a property with a dock to small groups of fishermen for the derby.

Another though is to use a realty company to manage this rental for you. Fishermen, like myself looking for derby accommodations either use hotels, cottages, etc or go to realty companies to find camps/houses/cottages for their groups. Think like a fisherman looking for a place to be for the derby and you will find the right venue to advertise.
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #5
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF-NH View Post
if you are focusing on April/May then perhaps you can put something up here:

http://www.winniderby.com/lodgingandlinks.html

The Winni Derby is May 16, 17 and 18 and I'm sure you could rent a property with a dock to small groups of fishermen for the derby.

Another though is to use a realty company to manage this rental for you. Fishermen, like myself looking for derby accommodations either use hotels, cottages, etc or go to realty companies to find camps/houses/cottages for their groups. Think like a fisherman looking for a place to be for the derby and you will find the right venue to advertise.
Thank you. I've been doing the legwork myself for the past three summers renting our cottage. I have only one "prime" week that's still available for this summer. So far we've been full without paying a commission to a realtor.

May rentals are a new venture for us. I truly appreciate your input. We have tons of dock space...assuming the ice will be gone by then! : )
Old 03-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #6
Denny Crane

Default Home Away

Check out Home Away. You can set up a page with a description and pictures of your home, set the rates, and send the renters a basic lease that covers the agreement and $$. It's about $330 a year, but they're connected to multiple search engines and feed the leads directly to you. Most of the rental companies do this anyway. Well worth it if you are renting for a few weeks. Do a home away search in your town and see what the going rate is. If you get an inquiry that 10 guys want to rent the weekend of the pond hockey tournament and don't feel comfortable, then reply it's booked. There's always the exception for a bad experience, but you control most of it. Most of it is email driven.
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Check out Home Away. You can set up a page with a description and pictures of your home, set the rates, and send the renters a basic lease that covers the agreement and $$. It's about $330 a year, but they're connected to multiple search engines and feed the leads directly to you. Most of the rental companies do this anyway. Well worth it if you are renting for a few weeks. Do a home away search in your town and see what the going rate is. If you get an inquiry that 10 guys want to rent the weekend of the pond hockey tournament and don't feel comfortable, then reply it's booked. There's always the exception for a bad experience, but you control most of it. Most of it is email driven.
Yes, your observations are spot-on. We're embarking on our fourth summer of renting our cottage using HomeAway and I've been very happy. I've been using HomeAway and dealing with customers, the cleaning company (Great Northern Cleaning who are awesome), trash removal, etc. since we took on this project. That's what I meant when I said I've been doing the legwork as opposed to handing it over to a rental company. It's been successful and rewarding. Every guest we've had has been wonderful.

We've done well with summer rentals and are looking to bring folks in during the early season, which is why I'm reaching out to fishermen in particular.

Thank you!

(PS We LOVED Boston Legal! ; )
Old 03-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
Denny Crane

Default Home away

I didn't realize you we're already using home away. You might already know this but you can create special pricing for events, which I'm guessing might be lower than a summer rate which might keep people interested as opposed to seeing the summer rate. Also, in the winer you could post on Craigslist and put some key words in the add such as fishing derby rental, etc, I think Craigslist is moe of a gamble however,
Denny Crane!
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote