Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
Weekends Off

Default Waldo's Sub Shop

Once upon a time, I believe it was called Waldo's, but there was an awesome sub shop across the street from what is now condos (the old General Store) and Channel Cottages. They had an old plane on the roof of the building. I was thinking about this the other day. I used to love docking at the General Store dock (now private) on the channel running across the street and grabbing a couple sandwiches for lunch at the Sandbars. Anyone know what happened to it? I think they might have moved? Are they still around?
Weekends Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts

It was Waldo Peppers but they are long gone. If you search the forum for Waldo Peppers you'll find lots of threads.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Weekends Off (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
Weekends Off

Yeah I know its been a long time....Just thinking about it the other day thats all. I never had anything bad in there.
Weekends Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:01 PM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekends Off View Post
Once upon a time, I believe it was called Waldo's, but there was an awesome sub shop across the street from what is now condos (the old General Store) and Channel Cottages. They had an old plane on the roof of the building. I was thinking about this the other day. I used to love docking at the General Store dock (now private) on the channel running across the street and grabbing a couple sandwiches for lunch at the Sandbars. Anyone know what happened to it? I think they might have moved? Are they still around?
As the webmaster says.... Waldo Peppers.... Pepper, was a member here for quite some time.... who knows, maybe someone will say something to her about this thread, and we will see her here again.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:06 PM   #5
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
who knows, maybe someone will say something to her about this thread, and we will see her here again.
Last year someone asked about her and she jumped in to this thread with a long post, #13:

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=20255
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,152 Times in 899 Posts

That building is now occupied by "Lakeside 2" and they will be opening there for the third year in 2017.

They have a website and I am told that you can order food on the website from your phone and they will deliver to the old store dock on the channel. That dock will be open this year just for the use of the restaurant.

This is the website for their other store on Union Ave and I assume that the site for the Weirs Boulevard store will be up by the time they open.

http://www.lakesidefamousroastbeef.com/menu

Last edited by TiltonBB; 04-19-2017 at 04:58 PM.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
itchin for fishin

Always enjoyed the lobster rolls. Pepper was beyond welcoming. Even got to see our webmaster Don there every so often!
itchin for fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:12 PM   #8
Resident 2B

Waldo-Pepper's had the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. Plus, the service was second to none. They are missed!

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:21 AM   #9
harlybuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekends Off View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
harlybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #10
harlybuddy

I remember them very well. Have no idea what happened to them, they just didn't open one year. The building changed hands a number of times it's now the home of Lakeview II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
harlybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote