Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
nhbound

Default Lanna Thai (Union Ave Laconia)

Hi All

Just wanted to give this restaurant a good review, the food is great and the prices not bad at all, esp for lunch, good portions. Been giving them my business for the past 3 years now and hope to see them for many more.
If you get a chance stop in and try the food you wont be disappointed.

I was told just today that "Tune" the waitress and I say "the waitress" because she was usually the only one that served us, well- I guess she is not with them any longer, I was very sad to hear that for she was ALWAYS so friendly, not to mention fast at seating and serving you, she will be greatly missed. Wasn't the same without her today. Does anyone know why she isn't with them any longer???

Anyway, be sure to try the place out while they are still there, never know these days.
nhbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
baygo

Default Lanna Thai 4 take out or eat in

I stopped by Lanna one night last week with my chef. We order some pad thai and another noodle dish recommended by the proprietor (he was there alone) for take-out.

Took the take-out home and shared it with my wife. My wife is a pad thaialcoholic. She described it as excellent. My chef and I also enjoyed it a great deal.

You will not be making a mistake if you make dinner plans at Lanna.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
Pineedles

Question

Welcome NHbound!

Found 4 reviews of this place, with some difficulty. Could not find a web site for them though. All four reviews were positive, but 3 of them were questionable because of VERY poor English used in the review. I would like to see a web based menu and frankly the statement in the one well spoken review, "not inexpensive" and, "not large portions" makes me suspicious.

If anyone else can lend some more enlightenment to their experience, then I would consider it because, Thai is COOL, or HOT, as you prefer.

PS. Bayco posted inbetween my post and nhbbound. That is what I am talking about. Thanks baygo.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
trfour

Default Pineedles...

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...915#post105915

Very Good food.

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Shedwannabe

I've eaten there three, maybe four times (a lot for one restaurant for me) and have enjoyed it each time. The food tasted good, the portions were a good size, and the times I was there it was quiet....which I like.

I was at a different Laconia restaurant last week and had a horrible experience - but it was not the fault of the restaurant. A large party of around 12 was at a table near us, maybe 7 adults and 5 kids, and the entire time I was there (they left while I was eating dessert) they were yelling. It was seriously obnoxious. The "adults" were yelling at the kids to be quiet (though I never heard any noise from the kids) and the "adults" were yelling at each other - either when they were disagreeing with each other, or perhaps just out of habit. We had taken a couple out to dinner with us and I was so embarrassed as we had trouble hearing them much of the time. Everyone in the restaurant (including the wait staff) sighed with relief when the party left. They seemed utter oblivious to the ruckus they were making - but also looked like the type of folks who would be offended if approached about their noise (yes, that's my projection...but it would probably be yours too if you saw them).
Shedwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
winniplayhouse

I would also recommend Lanna Thai. Have never had dinner there because we're not often in that area at dinner time. But we have had lunch (both eat-in and take-out) many many times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent. It's usually pretty quiet and the service is fast.
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
Argie's Wife

I've used them for catering and it's always excellent!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
angela4design

Catering? I didn't know that they catered, but I'll add my two thumbs-up! there's another thread about them somewhere... Drunken Noodle to DIE for!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote