Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
Pineedles

Default O was it hot!

While I and the whole party enjoyed the taste of our meal the other night at O Steak and Seafood we can't say the same for sweltering conditons there. We asked our waitress several times to turn the air conditioning up but she said there was really nothing she could do. It turns out that because the doors to the patio were open to allow the servers access in and out, the air conditioning was ineffective. A discussion with Scott was not helpful either as he said the doors to the outside would remain open. He did bring a fan eventually, but I plan on avoiding this place if the temperature outside is the least bit hot or humid. Several other diners mentioned this as they were leaving as well. Good food, but too hot!
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
colt17 (08-25-2009), Meredith lady (08-25-2009)
Old 08-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
jetskier

Default Interesting

People do not want to eat when it is too hot. Restaurants generally know that and make sure that the restaurant is cool.

If you want the quality without the issues, try Canoe. It is commonly owned with Os, but I have found that the food quality is actually better, the prices are lower and the environment is not pretentious. I believe that their air conditioning works too.

We go to Canoe frequently and do not go to Os anymore even though they are right around the corner.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
Sman

Default The O

I have been there twice and both times we had really good meals, we did need to get there early, the premium cut steak, can't recall the menu name, but it is the best around, real thick cut, absolutely delicious, one of us also got the "non premium" cut, mistake completely ordinary, we pointed it out to the waitress and she agreed there is a very big difference, she never made mention of it when we ordered, too bad for us...The appetizers were on the fancy side but were so good.

I would not have liked it either if it were too hot but will be going again, like once a yr for me based on the price, but thanks to this post I will keep an eye on the weather first, odd thing to have to do to dine out...they need to fix that problem apparently
Sman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Now hopefully the owner of said establishments is checking the message board. And will comment on this issue. However this is another sign of a owner who sets policy not thinking things through to completion....

A hot resturant ranks right up thier with a "adults only section" in a tourist driven area..... I know people like the food and I can't say that I have been disappionted with the food.... Although I have only eaten at the canoe, a couple of times, and have never been to O.....
Having said that I can be pleased with the food, while not being pleased with the price.

I really think this owner needs to step back and think about his policies.....
Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
Redsoxlover

Unhappy Canoe's Fried Clam Lunch Special$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Now hopefully the owner of said establishments is checking the message board. And will comment on this issue. However this is another sign of a owner who sets policy not thinking things through to completion....

A hot resturant ranks right up thier with a "adults only section" in a tourist driven area..... I know people like the food and I can't say that I have been disappionted with the food.... Although I have only eaten at the canoe, a couple of times, and have never been to O.....
Having said that I can be pleased with the food, while not being pleased with the price.

I really think this owner needs to step back and think about his policies.....
Went to the Canoe today for lunch(one of my favorites) my mistake for not asking before I ordered the fried clam special, but paid $18.00 for a very small plate of clams and a few fries. They were yummy but not worth the price. My bad!
Redsoxlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
Pineedles

I never got into the discourse that went on between Scott and members of my dinner crowd because I think there were mistakes of temperament made on both sides. I stand by my original post though because of the owner Scott O's refusal to make the area we were dining in even close to tolerable as far as temperature. The fan didn't cut it, his attitude didn't either.

I do think that both Canoe, where I have been a big supporter of in the past, but after seeing Scott O's reaction to a customer complaint will never go back to, and O's are both very overpriced.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 PM   #7
belly_button_biter

Default but the host was cold

We visited O and now fall in the disappointed diner category. The service was mediocre at best and the food was extremely salty. It’s decided that we get much more and better for our money from five $42 meals than from one $210 meal.
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
jetskier

Post Canoe

We have been generally very pleased with Canoe over the years. We had a poor experience back in the fall and I sent email to them via their web portal. I got no response, so I sent another email and got no response. At this point, we have not gone back. We will give them another try, but I wonder what gives. In this economy, sliding value, quality and service is a recipe for dissapearing. This is especially true for the more upscale market.

Just my 2 cents.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
Shore Driver

Man you just never hear anything good about O's.

How long can a (reportedly) overpriced steak place in a tucked-away location last?
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #10
Lakepilot

Yesterday we headed for the Top of the Town in Belmont for lunch. Their web site had a yummy sounding menu and says they're open for lunch Mon. thru Sat. We had read Mike Ray's review and it sounded good.

Anyway it wasn't open, so we went down the hill to O's. We were worried that since it was bike week, it might be mobbed. It wasn't. We were very pleased with both the service and the food. My wife had the tuna, and I had the meatloaf, which were both perfect. We thought the food was better then Canoe and slightly less expensive.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote