Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Overlake97

Default Brickfront in Laconia?

I've never been to the Brickfront restaurant in Laconia, and have never heard anything about it - on this forum or elsewhere. Do any of you have an opinion of this place?
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
trfour

Thumbs up Very Good...

Food, Service and prices! Large dinning area and also a sports bar.

Post # 10 http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...133#post105133

More, http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...1105#post61105

Enjoy!

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
angela4design

Default Good food, dated decor.

Brickfront is great, I just always forget about it, since they don't advertise.

They have a great Chicken Salad with dried cranberries, similar to what Jon's Roast Beef does.
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
Overlake97

Default Finally tried the Brickfront

Tried the Brickfront the other day for dinner. Food was indeed very good, especially the soups. I tried the sausage vegetable and my wife had the Chicken Orzo (or was it Turkey?). Both were excellent and obviously homemade, with the chicken/turkey being very fresh. I had their ribs, which were also very good (and the half rack was plenty), as were the basic non-coated, non-tampered-with french fries.

There were however, two non-food related negatives: First, the place was clearly a big hit with smokers at one time, as the walls still retain that acrid nicotine/smoke residue smell. It's not strong, and you forget about it/habituate to it quickly, but it is noticeable. Also, the day we were there it was balmy and getting cooler outside, but warm and very humid inside. I'm guessing they were holding off on the A/C because it was a Tuesday, and there were only 2 parties in the dining room.

The verdict: We'll definitely try them again, but not until a phone call confirms that the A/C is ON.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
NHBoat70

Smile Great food and cheap drinks

I know someone who works in the kitchen there and he is a great chef. He has been there for a long time now and puts his heart and soul into everything he makes.

I highly suggest going there for lunch or dinner, also for drinks in the lounge. Lunch prices are reasonable if you get a burger or sandwich and dinner is also very good with a good selection. Drinks here are probably the cheapest around, if not THE cheapest (they don't add tax to the drinks, but they are cheap anyways).

They also have outdoor seating now with the warmer weather approaching.
NHBoat70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #6
Argie's Wife

Argie and I frequented that place when we were dating but haven't been in a few years but always had a nice time. The food was always good and a good value. The service was always very good. We felt at home there because we could go in our jeans or our work clothes (tie, suit, etc.) and never felt out of place. Now that the youngest Argelet is doing better we are getting out more... we'll have to make it a point to go to The Brickfront again... it's been too long!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #7
bclaker

Default Brickfront Restaurant

My wife and I have been there at least a couple times a year for the last ten years and have never been disappointed. We probably would go more often, but never think of it, since it's on Church street and we seldom go by it. Their broiled sea scallops are the mbest around.
bclaker is offline   Reply With Quote