Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-06-2004, 11:39 AM   #1
TreasureHunter

Question Recommendations for someone to do Island Dock Repair?

Hi All,

We need to do some extensive repair of our dock - probably rebuilding the entire structure for the most part - as most of the wood is quite old with quite a few areas of significant rot (especially where it ties into the big metal hinge that allows us to raise it for the winter, which makes me very nervous!)

Should not be that big a job for someone with good carpentry skills (I'd do it myself if I had the time), but being on an Island, it will also be important that they have a boat to transport themselves back and forth.

We're on Treasure Island to give you an idea of what part of the lake. Any Recommendations?

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks - Tim
TreasureHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
DRH

Default Suggestion

Tim,

Winnipesaukee Marine Construction in Gilford does a lot of dock building and repair work. They recently repaired my neighbor's dock and did an excellent job. Their number is 293-7768.

Good luck with the dock repair.
DRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:22 PM   #3
GWC...

Thumbs up WMC website...

Hope this helps with the decision process...
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
Excalibur

Location: Gilford,NH is where I would like to be and Southborough, MA is where I have to be
Default Dock repair

This season I had Watermark Marine in Gilford install a aluminum frame crank up dock with removable Cedar decking to replace a older heavy wood frame dock and they did everything in a timely fashion and I am very happy with it. It was a bit more expensive then I expected, but it should last 20 yrs and is a very solid structure for a crank up dock and can withstand a few boats pounding against it on those windy days. Also I reccomend the cedar deck over PT if you have little kids around. The cedar is well worth the added expense.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:26 PM   #5
The Lake

I have mentioned this before, but I have used Lakes Region Marine Construction. They have a website www.lakesregionmarine.com Ask for Jim, he will help you from permit to completion. For a reference, and an idea of there work, review the meredith boardwalk. Watched them work on it over the winter
The Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2004, 11:56 PM   #6
LakeLackey

Default Dock Repairs- Island Service Corp Out Of Shep Brown's

Island Service Corp with their office and barge and boat out of Shep Brown's in Meredith goes anyhere on the lake and really know what they are doing when it comes to docks and all things water. They also are a full construction crew. You can call Paul t 603 387-3841. Good luck!
LakeLackey is offline   Reply With Quote