Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2004, 09:20 AM   #1
Sully

Default Firewood Crisis

I've had several people commit to delivering firewood to me on Oak Landing Rd. in Moultonborough only to fail to show up or return phone calls. Understanding that I am VERY late in addressing this matter, can anyone help me with a name and phone number in order to purchase firewood. At this point, I'll even settle for unseasoned if necessary!
Thanks for your assistance and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I'm thankful for being on Lake Winnipesaukee!!!
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:45 AM   #2
madrasahs

It's not you. Delivery (and returned phone calls) appears to be a regional problem in the firewood business.

Once, when I called for a delivery (from Moultonborough), I was told that this was "hayin' season", so it would be several weeks. Another said he had just cleared 500 Wolfeboro acres, but still took ten days to deliver.

This year? No delivery. Their cutter had cut himself with the saw! So I've cut my own -- it just won't be split for next season's burning. Unsplit logs don't burn as hot, but burn longer.

I don't think you want unseasoned firewood for this winter, although split unseasoned paper birch may be OK -- and may be easier to get. I find unseasoned, unsplit hemlock good to keep the place hot -- for all night.

One outfit advertised in the last Granite State News now delivers tree-length firewood! If you're not up to cutting firewood yourself, there's still four others to chose from:

http://www.nhjumbo.com/265.html
madrasahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 06:25 PM   #3
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default Still need wood???

Call the old wood chopper, Paul King in Barnstead 435-6916 I know he still has some... I saw some big woodpiles in his yard last time I pasted by... He'll deliver up your way.
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote