Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #101
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patman View Post
Soon ezpass will have sensors to check for an enlarged prostate.

That is funny, and you made my Diet Pepsi come out my nose when I read it!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #102
no-engine

Default Ez pass

My 2¢; I did not read all the posts.
Friends lived in NY, and had no application/start up fee, so I got my account and tag there by mail or on-line. I think ezpass.com

My brother lives in MA and got ezpass account in MD! Who knows why, but there was no set-up or deposit, provided the account is linked to a valid credit card.

When NH DOT finally decided to install ezpass, the app fee was $5, and I applied. I sent them photos of some high speed lanes; it's taken NH DOT this long to finally come to their senses and install high speed lanes on the very left. I have not been thru Hookset yet, but in DE the lanes are well marked and separated from slower; I fear for this not happening at Hookset!
NH accounts get charged 30% discount on NH tolls. I have read many news reports in error. All non-NH accounts are charged the full fee.

Wherever one applies for ezpass is irrelevant; electronic toll collection is no-brainer. As Nike says, just do it. It'll be worth it, saving gasoline, frustration in line to pay toll, etc., etc, etc......

It's now a big time saver on MA Pike, Hudson River's Tappan Zee Bridge, NJ Turnpike, DE memorial bridge, and Annapolis Bay Bridge as I drive to relatives in MD!
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #103
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Hi speed at Hooksett

High speed at Hooksett is the same setup as over on I95...it is well marked.

The lack of attention while driving, not necessarily talking or texting on a cell phone, has been on the increase for years. It leads to someone in the left lane deciding a quarter of a mile from an exit that they want to get off there, and have to cross 3 lanes of traffic to get there in a quarter mile. Or before the open road tolling or even ez-pass, the idiots that would get into a correct change lane and stop, no change and wonder what to do.

The problem now is that if the idiot stops, it will be in the middle of 65 MPH traffic .
Old 05-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #104
no-engine

You are so right. It's very scary to see a driver swinging across lanes to get to a cash lane. I have seen it at ezpass only lanes here in NH and on MA Pike and ones with high speed in other areas. Never been high speed over on coast, yet.
Another very dangerous situation to watch for when approaching tolls! Finally, NH put them on left and not middle lanes.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #105
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts
Default NH discount

It does matter in which state you have an account. To get the 30% discount on NH tolls you need a NH EZ Pass account.
Slickcraft is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #106
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
The problem now is that if the idiot stops, it will be in the middle of 65 MPH traffic .
This happened the very first night the kid got out of his car and jumped the wall to try to pay his toll. Thank God it was at night and not many people were on the road.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #107
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
It does matter in which state you have an account. To get the 30% discount on NH tolls you need a NH EZ Pass account.
Thanks for confirming what I wrote!
However, that discount for NH account might be the only benefit to apply & use a NH account, in NH. My application was never linked to residency. The entire system is reciprocal and managhed in one office in NJ. I do reside in NH, and still have my NY account, which had no start fee. I used to read news stories that former Governor once wanted to add a maintenance monthly fee; if such happened I'd immediately cancel my NH account.

Several tolls I experienced before NH installed EZ Pass used to discount for all electronic collections; DE was one.