Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #1
macbeth
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 13
Thanks: 9
Thanked 17 Times in 4 Posts
Default Please stop Pissing and Moaning about EVERYTHING.

This is what we should be focusing on.......



https://youtu.be/g5UXHQm6dH4
macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to macbeth For This Useful Post:
Billy Bob (07-14-2019), Descant (07-15-2019), dippasan (07-15-2019), hig (07-13-2019), jbolty (07-13-2019), Phantom (07-15-2019), pjard (07-14-2019), Top-Water (07-15-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #2
MBNeckguy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 56
Thanks: 53
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Kids enjoying the benefits of their parents hard work?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
MBNeckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MBNeckguy For This Useful Post:
ApS (07-15-2019), Biggd (07-14-2019), Hillcountry (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 06:38 AM   #3
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 1,539
Thanks: 781
Thanked 355 Times in 230 Posts
Default

Having fun is wonderful but I get a bit tired of the “me” generation posting selfies with bad music...”look at meeeeeee”
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:30 AM   #4
WinnisquamZ
Senior Member
 
WinnisquamZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 192
Thanks: 66
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Unable to view. Guess it has been removed. Maybe Mom and Dad spoke up


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:08 AM   #5
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,303
Thanks: 619
Thanked 639 Times in 368 Posts
Default

I love that it took one post to go negative on a "don't be negative, enjoy..." thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Andromeda321 (07-17-2019), Biggd (07-14-2019), bigpatsfan (07-15-2019), dippasan (07-15-2019), hig (07-15-2019), jbolty (07-14-2019), joey2665 (07-14-2019), lakershaker (07-14-2019), macbeth (07-14-2019), Merrymeeting (07-15-2019), Phantom (07-15-2019), Shreddy (07-15-2019), SteveO123 (07-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #6
Weekend Pundit
Senior Member
 
Weekend Pundit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gilford
Posts: 179
Thanks: 6
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default Not Everything

I don't "piss and moan" about everything. I piss and moan about specific things.

Get used to it.
Weekend Pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weekend Pundit For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (07-14-2019), Hillcountry (07-14-2019), jbolty (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #7
BroadHopper
Senior Member
 
BroadHopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Laconia NH / Bozeman MO
Posts: 4,773
Thanks: 2,298
Thanked 839 Times in 582 Posts
Default Great for the parents

to spend the kids inheritance. When they get old, it's a wake up call!
__________________
Someday may never be an actual day.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #8
jazzman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mont Vernon NH & Big Barndoor Island
Posts: 262
Thanks: 4
Thanked 167 Times in 48 Posts
Default

I feel bad for the boat drivers in that video having to stay sober while their riders drank all that beer. I did see one Dogfish Head Ale in there. Maybe it was a parent.
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:26 PM   #9
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,531
Thanks: 103
Thanked 372 Times in 239 Posts
Default

In a dance-off my nine year old son could out-floss those girls any day...
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:05 PM   #10
8gv
Senior Member
 
8gv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,098
Thanks: 21
Thanked 322 Times in 197 Posts
Default

https://images.app.goo.gl/6QBHd3yMcLKLyCbQ7

I sure wish I knew how to imbed pics...
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:37 PM   #11
kawishiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 462
Thanks: 181
Thanked 123 Times in 84 Posts
Default Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
This is what we should be focusing on.......



https://youtu.be/g5UXHQm6dH4
Is complaining about people "pissing and moaning", actually pissing & moaning itself? Asking for a friend.
__________________
"In and around the lake...
Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there
One mile over we'll be there and we'll see you
Ten true summers we'll be there and laughing too"
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kawishiwi For This Useful Post:
Blyblvrd (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 02:40 AM   #12
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 619
Thanks: 386
Thanked 245 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Interesting how fickle the form can be. Different original posters and message body/ title. Same video producer (I think) for lack of a better term. Completely different style and set of replies. Both videos appear to have been recorded at about the same time, but presented to the forum at different time periods. Without studying them closely they appear to be the same cast.

See Topic:
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=23017

Last edited by Top-Water; 07-15-2019 at 03:32 AM. Reason: same cast members mention
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:37 AM   #13
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 2,088
Thanks: 409
Thanked 517 Times in 348 Posts
Default

Maybe he was just using the same video to demonstrate his point. Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:41 AM   #14
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 619
Thanks: 386
Thanked 245 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Maybe he was just using the same video to demonstrate his point. Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Agree. was just trying to point out the difference in replies in what is essentially a very similar styled video by the same video producer (I think).
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Top-Water For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 04:51 AM   #15
swnoel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 274
Thanks: 26
Thanked 74 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Alcohol is the solution to all our problems...
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swnoel For This Useful Post:
Reilly (07-16-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 05:37 AM   #16
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,303
Thanks: 619
Thanked 639 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Interesting how fickle the form can be. Different original posters and message body/ title. Same video producer (I think) for lack of a better term. Completely different style and set of replies. Both videos appear to have been recorded at about the same time, but presented to the forum at different time periods. Without studying them closely they appear to be the same cast.

See Topic:
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=23017
It's ALL about the context, and the titles of each dictate the responses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:59 AM   #17
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 619
Thanks: 386
Thanked 245 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
It's ALL about the context, and the titles of each dictate the responses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I do not disagree with that at all. Was just trying point out the differences and how just a few words can alter the the direction of a thread when someone has a petty difference of opinion on what they think everyone else should be doing here.

Words to live by from another thread but edited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post

It's a busy lake - we are all lucky to be here and able to enjoy it.

Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top-Water For This Useful Post:
dippasan (07-15-2019), gravy boat (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 06:09 AM   #18
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 1,765
Thanks: 480
Thanked 310 Times in 222 Posts
Default

I can't cut back on the pissing but I can do something about the moaning.
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:46 AM   #19
Phantom
Senior Member
 
Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hudson, Ma / Gilford
Posts: 1,724
Thanks: 325
Thanked 489 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I love that it took one post to go negative on a "don't be negative, enjoy..." thread.
WEll stated !! …………. thought the same thing.
__________________
A bad day on the Big Lake (although I've never had one) - Still beats a day at the office!!
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Phantom For This Useful Post:
dippasan (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 08:35 AM   #20
dippasan
Senior Member
 
dippasan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Hooksett NH and Sleepers Isl
Posts: 244
Thanks: 113
Thanked 104 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBNeckguy View Post
Kids enjoying the benefits of their parents hard work?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
They work full time, paid for the boat, repairs, gas, shrink and storage themselves.

Isn't that the American dream? Work hard and enjoy the fruits of your labor with family and friends??
__________________
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity
dippasan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dippasan For This Useful Post:
Phantom (07-15-2019), Reilly (07-16-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #21
Dave R
Senior Member
 
Dave R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,723
Thanks: 219
Thanked 601 Times in 350 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippasan View Post
They work full time, paid for the boat, repairs, gas, shrink and storage themselves.

Isn't that the American dream? Work hard and enjoy the fruits of your labor with family and friends??
Great point.

Maybe their parents inherited the means from their parents, or maybe the young folks in that fun video earned the means themselves. Maybe it's a group one-week rental they all saved up for, or maybe they are spoiled rotten. Impossible to know, fun to watch though and I enjoyed it.

FWIW, I've always loved it when my kids (who are now in their 20s) brought friends aboard my boats and had fun. I wish they made neat videos to watch.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:48 AM   #22
dippasan
Senior Member
 
dippasan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Hooksett NH and Sleepers Isl
Posts: 244
Thanks: 113
Thanked 104 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Great point.

Maybe their parents inherited the means from their parents, or maybe the young folks in that fun video earned the means themselves. Maybe it's a group one-week rental they all saved up for, or maybe they are spoiled rotten. Impossible to know, fun to watch though and I enjoyed it.

FWIW, I've always loved it when my kids (who are now in their 20s) brought friends aboard my boats and had fun. I wish they made neat videos to watch.
Ha Ha
Not impossible to know as they're my son's and son's friends & girlfriends.
Wife and I bought the camp, they bought the Four Winns BR.
They even bought the ugly captain's hat!

I couldn't agree more about having them and their friends around....we love it and we're thankful they all want to be there. That's why we have it.

Nothing better or perhaps more important than time spent with family and friends.
__________________
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity
dippasan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dippasan For This Useful Post:
Dave R (07-15-2019), gravy boat (07-16-2019), Merrymeeting (07-15-2019), Phantom (07-15-2019), Reilly (07-16-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #23
znh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 147
Thanks: 28
Thanked 39 Times in 24 Posts
Default

What we really need to be focusing on is a 4 year old video of people doing the same thing that everyone else does?
znh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #24
Dave R
Senior Member
 
Dave R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,723
Thanks: 219
Thanked 601 Times in 350 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippasan View Post
Ha Ha
Not impossible to know as they're my son's and son's friends & girlfriends.
Wife and I bought the camp, they bought the Four Winns BR.
They even bought the ugly captain's hat!

I couldn't agree more about having them and their friends around....we love it and we're thankful they all want to be there. That's why we have it.

Nothing better or perhaps more important than time spent with family and friends.
I should have said, "impossible to know just by watching the video"....
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #25
Dave R
Senior Member
 
Dave R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,723
Thanks: 219
Thanked 601 Times in 350 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by znh View Post
What we really need to be focusing on is a 4 year old video of people doing the same thing that everyone else does?
Apparently you do...
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (07-16-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #26
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 4,416
Thanks: 885
Thanked 424 Times in 308 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
https://images.app.goo.gl/6QBHd3yMcLKLyCbQ7

I sure wish I knew how to imbed pics...
You've done step #1

for step #2, go to the "Insert Image" icon—above.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
8gv (07-15-2019)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.31221 seconds