Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Blogs Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #1
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,011
Thanks: 1,347
Thanked 2,805 Times in 1,050 Posts
Default Sandblasting

Can anyone recommend someone that does sandblasting in the area (Gilford / Laconia) Looking to get eight swivel chair bottoms refinished, just the part directly under the seat that’s about 18” in diameter and maybe 4” in height. I can paint them if need be just wanted them sandblasted first.

Thanks!

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #2
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 207
Thanks: 91
Thanked 113 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Can't recommend anyone locally

But your post reminded me of this one

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=21835

Maybe "Rich" can give you some more info, he seemed pretty satisfied. Glass-beading and Sandblasting for lack of a better term and technical differences are kind-a the same thing.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:22 PM   #3
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,540
Thanks: 178
Thanked 375 Times in 274 Posts
Default

.....psst....for 99-cents you can get a super good quality sanding sponge in fine or medium grit at Aubuchon Hardware ..... highest quality - lowest price ....factory seconds w/ a minuscule defect ..... best deal in the whole store!
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-12-2017 at 04:56 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 997
Thanks: 141
Thanked 97 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
.....psst....for 99-cents you can get a super good quality sanding sponge in fine or medium grit at Aubuchon Hardware ..... highest quality - lowest price ..... best deal in the whole store!
Can he hire you to sand at 99 cents an hour?
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:27 AM   #5
Top-Water
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Derry-Belmont
Posts: 207
Thanks: 91
Thanked 113 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Can he hire you to sand at 99 cents an hour?
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2017, 07:58 PM   #6
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,540
Thanks: 178
Thanked 375 Times in 274 Posts
Default

Sorry guys, no way for me to be out on an island, sanding for 99-cents/hour, because I have been raking in the big money by raking the leaves for $7.25/hour here on the Winnipesaukee waterfront at the neighbor's mega-million dollar mcmansion .... For 7.25/hr, I stay very focused and give each individual leaf my total attention!

Minimum wage comparison/hour: New Hampshire-7.25, Maine-9.00, Rhode Island-9.60, Vermont-10.00 (10.50 after January 1, 2018), Connecticut-10.10, Massachusetts-11.00, New York: 9.70-11.00 (proximity to NYC)

At 7.25/hr, New Hampshire loses the low minimum wage comparision by a lot, NH employees get the lowest pay rate and NH earns the lowest payer booby prize for the six New England states plus New York ..... live NH-poor or die! ..... put that on your NH license plate? Is NH's low minimum wage at all related to NH's opioid epidemic ...... let us see ... good jobs at good wages-yes! ....... and, bad jobs at low wages drive you to drugs ...... hmmm, what do you think? Anyone here work for a NH ski area?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimu..._United_States
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-12-2017 at 09:36 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:21 AM   #7
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 3,972
Thanks: 674
Thanked 345 Times in 252 Posts
Lightbulb Lowe's Has 'Em...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Can anyone recommend someone that does sandblasting in the area (Gilford / Laconia) Looking to get eight swivel chair bottoms refinished, just the part directly under the seat that’s about 18” in diameter and maybe 4” in height. I can paint them if need be just wanted them sandblasted first. Thanks! Dan
If you have an air compressor, just $20 will buy a siphon-type sandblaster. After thoroughly drying-out regular beach sand, I've had very satisfactory results with my first sandblaster—bought decades ago for just $8.



.
__________________
.Sailing—Good for you and good for the world...
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #8
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 997
Thanks: 141
Thanked 97 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Sorry guys, no way for me to be out on an island, sanding for 99-cents/hour, because I have been raking in the big money by raking the leaves for $7.25/hour here on the Winnipesaukee waterfront at the neighbor's mega-million dollar mcmansion .... For 7.25/hr, I stay very focused and give each individual leaf my total attention!

Minimum wage comparison/hour: New Hampshire-7.25, Maine-9.00, Rhode Island-9.60, Vermont-10.00 (10.50 after January 1, 2018), Connecticut-10.10, Massachusetts-11.00, New York: 9.70-11.00 (proximity to NYC)

At 7.25/hr, New Hampshire loses the low minimum wage comparision by a lot, NH employees get the lowest pay rate and NH earns the lowest payer booby prize for the six New England states plus New York ..... live NH-poor or die! ..... put that on your NH license plate? Is NH's low minimum wage at all related to NH's opioid epidemic ...... let us see ... good jobs at good wages-yes! ....... and, bad jobs at low wages drive you to drugs ...... hmmm, what do you think? Anyone here work for a NH ski area?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimu..._United_States
The Opiod epidemic has no wage constraints. It affects rich and poor, good people and bad people. They should tax the crap out of these drug companies that push these drugs on everyone for the sole purpose of making tons of money.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #9
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,011
Thanks: 1,347
Thanked 2,805 Times in 1,050 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
If you have an air compressor, just $20 will buy a siphon-type sandblaster. After thoroughly drying-out regular beach sand, I've had very satisfactory results with my first sandblaster—bought decades ago for just $8.



.
Thanks APS, Bought one, tried it....while it works well enough it makes a huge mess. Not interested in dealing with the mess and would rather sub out the work to a pro who is better setup.

Found a monument company to do the blasting for me so All is good!

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.14278 seconds