Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Wildlife
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-26-2015, 07:08 AM   #1
Loub52

Default Rt 104 Goose Crossing

A "heads up" for others travelling the same route...My past few times traveling west on Rt. 104 out of Meredith between Pease Rd. and Corliss Hill Rd around 5pm, a large family of geese have been crossing the road from left to right from one pond to another. Drivers have been aware to yield, but there have been a couple close calls.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:47 AM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default They were there yesterday.

Yesterday, Saturday, I went over to Enfield NH and back, traveling on rte 104. You are so correct on the family being quite large. They were on the right side, but well back from the road, and grazing on the wide expanse of grass.

When I came home, there were still there, on the same side of the road, just a lot closer to the road. They seemed to be unconcerned about the traffic, even with a couple of motorcycles with very loud pipes passing by when I went by.

I can see how they can be a problem, where they are totally unconcerned about the traffic. Usually you see one or two of the flock with their heads held high as sentries, but not these guys. All with their head down, mowing the grass.

(Memo to self: do not stop there, and walk through the grass in bare feet to get a selfie with me and the geese. )
Old 07-26-2015, 08:43 PM   #3
GTO

Default Crosswalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loub52 View Post
A "heads up" for others travelling the same route...My past few times traveling west on Rt. 104 out of Meredith between Pease Rd. and Corliss Hill Rd around 5pm, a large family of geese have been crossing the road from left to right from one pond to another. Drivers have been aware to yield, but there have been a couple close calls.

I had to stop twice in the past couple of weeks at 6am to let them cross and have seen them lingering on the side of the road frequently.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:06 AM   #4
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I had to stop twice in the past couple of weeks at 6am to let them cross and have seen them lingering on the side of the road frequently.
If you didn't stop you'd help with the Goose problem often discussed here. Naw just kidding I'd stop too.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
secondcurve (07-27-2015)