Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
corollaman

Default Active weekend pattern

I heard about more snow this Sunday and possibly Monday too. I'm so tired of winter and snow. I just want it to go away so I can get my boat in the water. I'm just glad the rain we get tomorrow will melt a good chunk of it before we get more. I'm hoping for an early spring. It's already almost march, so we can't have too much more to go, but it's just depressing to see more snow forecasted.
corollaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by corollaman View Post
I heard about more snow this Sunday and possibly Monday too. I'm so tired of winter and snow. I just want it to go away so I can get my boat in the water. I'm just glad the rain we get tomorrow will melt a good chunk of it before we get more. I'm hoping for an early spring. It's already almost march, so we can't have too much more to go, but it's just depressing to see more snow forecasted.
Rain, Rain stay away come in another month or 2. Snow, snow keep on coming and cover the tracks real good.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
Rain, Rain stay away come in another month or 2. Snow, snow keep on coming and cover the tracks real good.
I'm with RLW on this one. Let's keep Old Man Winter around through March. After all, the boating season's a good bit longer than the snowmobiling season!
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hilltopper For This Useful Post:
RLW (02-27-2009)
Old 02-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
hazelnut

Default Cure those Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by corollaman View Post
corollaman,

I have a prescription for your blues.... Purchase a Snowmobile, changes your whole perspective on snow and winter. I am BEGGING for more snow and I couldn't be HAPPIER that we are getting more this weekend!!
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post:
RLW (02-27-2009)
Old 02-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
boat_guy64

Default Buy a sled

I second hazelnut on that. My 14 yr old son and I purchased sleds last year and we've done over 2400 miles in the lakes region since last January. You will see the region from a completely different view. It gave us a whole new perspective on snow. Even my 14 year old watches the weather and looks for enough snow to keep the trails in good condition. I've never been on Winnisquam, Winnipesaukee and Waukewan in a single day on a boat but I've done it in a single hour on my sled.

Although I'm as happy as anyone to put my boat in the water, I'll take a full snowmobile season until the end of March just like last year.
boat_guy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boat_guy64 For This Useful Post:
RLW (02-27-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
SIKSUKR

Yup,you need a winter sport.Bring on more snow for the slopes.You can't launch your boat till ice out in mid April anyway.
RLW (02-27-2009)
Old 02-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
Ropetow

Agree with the replies, corollaman. The beauty if New England is we have the seasons....each is beautiful. While we do not snowmobile, we do ski and look forward to another solid month of great skiing. Removing the snow from the driveway is the price we pay to live here. The bowrider will be in the water in due time.
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ropetow For This Useful Post:
RLW (02-27-2009)