Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Lost & Found
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Superduty1

Default Missing swim platform from Alton bay

Wednesday night between 10:00 pm and 4:00 am a 10 x 10 swim platform disappeared from the Alton Bay Christian Conference Center back bay. The swim platform was floating in the back bay next to the beach and was tied off to a large tree. It was constructed of aluminum with plastic black balast tanks and a white plastic deck with a ladder on one side. This thing was heavy as were it would require 12 people to move it into the water each season. Either one of two things happened here: The rope came untied and the 10 x 10 platform floated down the back bay, through the tunnel under route 11 and is floating out in the lake, or it was stolen. I would hate to think it was stolen for scrap metal and I would hate to think it could be floating around as a safety hazard to others. Either way if it is seen please call the conference center (603-875-6161) so it can be retrieved. Thank You.
Superduty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superduty1 For This Useful Post:
trfour (06-02-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
riverat

Any updates? This is disturbing that someone could boat into this quiet little bay and steal a swim dock from this little community.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
ghfromaltonbay

Default Swim raft found at Sandy Point

We arrived yesterday at Sandy Pt for the summer. My Dad just saw the owner here and he mentioned that he has a swim raft tied up at his dock since it floated here. I immediately thought of your post looking for a missing raft. If you want to check to see if it's your missing raft, please give Bob Ouellette a call here at Sandy Point. The phone # is 603-875-6000.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
bclaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
We arrived yesterday at Sandy Pt for the summer. My Dad just saw the owner here and he mentioned that he has a swim raft tied up at his dock since it floated here. I immediately thought of your post looking for a missing raft. If you want to check to see if it's your missing raft, please give Bob Ouellette a call here at Sandy Point. The phone # is 603-875-6000.
I noticed your post and called the Christian Conference Center. I gave them your Number and Bob Oulette's name. Though they might want to retrieve it before tonight's storm.
bclaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
ghfromaltonbay

Default Thanks bclaker

I went over to take a look at the raft myself. It's 12'x16' with black ballasts and a white deck. There is a ladder on one side and on 2 sides the words "No Diving" are painted on the deck. Hope it is the one from the ABCCC as it would be better that it got loose and landed in Sandy Point's Cove than was stolen. Let's hope by tomorrow it's back home.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
riverat

Quote:
I went over to take a look at the raft myself. It's 12'x16' with black ballasts and a white deck. There is a ladder on one side and on 2 sides the words "No Diving" are painted on the deck. Hope it is the one from the ABCCC as it would be better that it got loose and landed in Sandy Point's Cove than was stolen. Let's hope by tomorrow it's back home.
Was it theirs?
diprna (06-10-2012)
Old 06-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
ghfromaltonbay

Default The swim raft is home again

Yes, Riverat, the raft did belong to the ABCCC and they came and retrieved it this morning. Although it had floated into the cove at Sandy Point the day after it went missing, the guys that retrieved it this a.m. said it must have "had help" getting under the bridge and out into the bay. It seems unlikely that a 12'x16' raft would round the bend and go through the tunnel without someone guiding it. Too bad some people's idea of fun is to mess with someone else's property that way. The men mentioned that 2 of their floating docks also found their way out of the back bay in the past. We're just glad they got their raft back. The raft also held 2 large black plastic bags with the camp's lines to mark their swim area on either side of the raft.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghfromaltonbay For This Useful Post:
bclaker (06-10-2012), riverat (06-10-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
riverat

Quote:
Yes, Riverat, the raft did belong to the ABCCC and they came and retrieved it this morning. Although it had floated into the cove at Sandy Point the day after it went missing, the guys that retrieved it this a.m. said it must have "had help" getting under the bridge and out into the bay. It seems unlikely that a 12'x16' raft would round the bend and go through the tunnel without someone guiding it. Too bad some people's idea of fun is to mess with someone else's property that way. The men mentioned that 2 of their floating docks also found their way out of the back bay in the past. We're just glad they got their raft back. The raft also held 2 large black plastic bags with the camp's lines to mark their swim area on either side of the raft.
Great news! Thanks for the update.
Some of the nicest people I have ever met.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
Superduty1

Thank you all for your input. I guess there was a third possibility to the scenario: Pranksters, who distroy others property that could have caused harm to others. Thank God it was not hit by a boat at night! I am glad to see it ended well.
Superduty1 is offline   Reply With Quote