Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2019, 01:58 PM   #1
IslandRadio

Question High Speed Internet providers around Mirror Lake ?

Hi - I'm looking at a property on Mirror Lake (the Mirror Lake in Tuftonboro - apparently there are several in the state)..

I did some very preliminary research and found Spectrum provides high speed Internet in Tuftonboro itself, but it was described as "limited coverage". Can't tell if it's available on Mirror Lake or not (this is on Mirror Lake Drive).

Is Spectrum the only provider ( I couldn't find any others while poking around on line, but figured someone more local to the situation may know for sure) ?

Thanks - would appreciate any insight or experience.

Steve

Last edited by IslandRadio; 06-28-2019 at 02:42 PM.
IslandRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
Wifi-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandRadio View Post
Hi - I'm looking at a property on Mirror Lake (the Mirror Lake in Tuftonboro - apparently there are several in the state)..

I did some very preliminary research and found Spectrum provides high speed Internet in Tuftonboro itself, but it was described as "limited coverage". Not if it's available on Mirror Lake (this is on Mirror Lake Drive).

Is Spectrum the only provider ( I couldn't find any others while poking around on line, but figured someone more local to the situation may know for sure) ?

Thanks - would appreciate any insight or experience.

Steve
Try consolidated.com and plug in the address. For instance 23 Mirror Lake Dr can get 25M, if that is sufficient for you. If the address you are looking for isnt there, try neighbor addresses.
Wifi-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #3
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

I don't think Spectrum has limited coverage in the Mirror Lake area?????? It is like everywhere else.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:40 PM   #4
IslandRadio

I called Spectrum on the phone this afternoon, and they couldn't tell me if they had coverage at the address on Mirror Lake Drive!! That is unbelievable.

They told me that when the order is placed for the service, they will send someone out to look at it. That seems so...well...I don't know what
Old 06-28-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
TheTimeTraveler

Take a look at the telephone poles that run by your property to see if there is a cable line.

If you see a cable line then you have a cable connection for television and I will presume High Speed Internet.

Charter Communications has the cable contract for Tuftonboro.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2019, 05:07 AM   #6
tis

Quote:
I called Spectrum on the phone this afternoon, and they couldn't tell me if they had coverage at the address on Mirror Lake Drive!! That is unbelievable.

They told me that when the order is placed for the service, they will send someone out to look at it. That seems so...well...I don't know what
PM me if you would like.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:33 AM   #7
IslandRadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Take a look at the telephone poles that run by your property to see if there is a cable line.

If you see a cable line then you have a cable connection for television and I will presume High Speed Internet.

Charter Communications has the cable contract for Tuftonboro.
Yes, I will do that next time I'm there (have not closed yet - some inspections to complete, etc.) for an inspection, etc. and will also ask the neighbors if they have high speed Internet.

High speed Internet is a contingency on the P & S, so I'm trying to get that item satisfied before any inspections.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:10 PM   #8
IslandRadio

Well, I had to go to the property today, so while I was there, I asked one of the neighbors if they have high speed Internet from Spectrum - yes. So, it is there on the street.

I'm still amazed that Spectrum didn't know the answer as to whether high speed Internet was available at house's location. Oh well..
Old 07-02-2019, 05:18 AM   #9
fatlazyless

For watching sports, including the Wimbledon tennis which started yesterday and goes for 2-weeks, what works very good is ESPN+ for 4.98/month on the You Tube TV via the Consolidated Communications wifi modem that powers about 200'(?) out across the lake.

If I really wanted to, I could be out there on a stand up paddle board, sitting down or something, watching the live tennis on the lap top ...... Andrea Petkovic vs Monica Niculescu ....... go Petko go! ..... on Wimbledon court #16 ..... first round

If you is worried about sharing your credit card info with various different sellers, what seems to work is the Mastercard Plain Vanilla, prepaid one time purchase card ...... and the name on the card is 'Prepaid Cardholder' ..... sold at Walmart for about 4.95 plus the amount of money put into the card, one time only ..... like, say $75 ..... plus it tends to increase self discipline to think twice .....and spend less

Last edited by fatlazyless; 07-02-2019 at 05:53 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:29 AM   #10
tis

Quote:
Well, I had to go to the property today, so while I was there, I asked one of the neighbors if they have high speed Internet from Spectrum - yes. So, it is there on the street.

I'm still amazed that Spectrum didn't know the answer as to whether high speed Internet was available at house's location. Oh well..
For some reason they always do that. When we first got cable they told me they didn't know if it was available and I knew the people next to me did.