Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
Juiced06GTO

Default Fun boat trips from Buzzel's Cove?

We will be renting in the cove for the week of 7/18-25 with 4 kids between 7-3, looking for some fun trips to take them on from the cove. We have stayed up there before, but they were all much younger so a full day on the boat wasn't in the cards then. They are now between 7 and 3 and all ready for some adventure! Any recommendations would be great, they would be happy dropping a few fishing lines, walking along a beach to pick blueberries, and seeing wildlife. We have a 24' Four Winns so should be able to make it most places on the lake without issue. I have never gone as far north as Green's Basin with it, when we were there last we ended up out in the bay and visiting the southern parts of the lake.

Thanks all in advance!
Anthony
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:41 AM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Juiced, it goes against everything historical on this forum to give the best stuff up publicly. Check your messages.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Juiced06GTO (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Young kids

There is a recent thread about best ice cream. You'll have to wade through it to sort out those places that are accessible by boat, but you could certainly plan an ice cream trip for each day of the week. In Wolfeboro, you can ride Molly the Trolley to a nice park up by the Boat museum. There is some docking by the Libby Museum in Winter Harbor. You can explore Ragged Island. When the kids are a little older, if you're a member of Lakes Region Conservation Trust you can explore parts of Stonedam Island and Rattlesnake Island. There are some public docks in Lees Mills and you can visit the Loon Preservation Center about 1/4 mile walk from the docks.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
Jeanzb1 (06-29-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 06:34 AM   #4
Dave R

I have always enjoyed boating most when I can bring my boat into narrow creeks, canals and rivers, and I think kids like that too. I recommend visiting Green's Basin, Hole in the Wall, Sally's Gut, West Alton Marina, Salmon Meadow Cove, Ash Cove, between Mark and Mink Islands and other neat little passages.

If they can wear a mask and put their heads under water, I bet those kids would really enjoy seeing the wreck of the Belknap at Steamboat Island. It's quite easy to see from the surface. Obviously, snorkels and fins would be great additions too, but that might prove too challenging for kids that young???
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post:
Juiced06GTO (06-24-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #5
Juiced06GTO

Thanks for all the tips! I didn't know about the wreck, that would be pretty cool! The two oldest 7 and 5 will put a mask on and go under and my three year old will probably do it just to be like his big brother! Plus I can make up a cool pirate/treasure hunt story to tell them on the way there!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Juiced06GTO For This Useful Post:
GregW11 (07-22-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2020, 11:44 AM   #6
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
Thanks for all the tips! I didn't know about the wreck, that would be pretty cool! The two oldest 7 and 5 will put a mask on and go under and my three year old will probably do it just to be like his big brother! Plus I can make up a cool pirate/treasure hunt story to tell them on the way there!!
You can buy "viewing tubes" but I bet you could make one with a piece of sonotube and saran wrap.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:05 PM   #7
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default PVC 6IN pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
You can buy "viewing tubes" but I bet you could make one with a piece of sonotube and saran wrap.
PVC pipe, 4-6 inch diameter, with a piece of clear plexiglass epoxied on one end, length around 3 ft, more or less. Had one years ago, worked great. Worked like a glass bottom boat.

Dave.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:10 AM   #8
Juiced06GTO

We made the trip over to the wreck today, but I couldn’t seem to find it! It was a bit rough when we were there due to a persistent wind, but the kids jumped in and went looking with me. We are going to try again early tomorrow when it is hopefully a bit more calm. About how far off shore is the wreck? I found a few pieces of wood that looked like they were part of the ship but didn’t see the entire thing. The kids had a blast either way so it was a fun trip anyhow!
Old 07-22-2020, 04:09 AM   #9
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
We made the trip over to the wreck today, but I couldn’t seem to find it! It was a bit rough when we were there due to a persistent wind, but the kids jumped in and went looking with me. We are going to try again early tomorrow when it is hopefully a bit more calm. About how far off shore is the wreck? I found a few pieces of wood that looked like they were part of the ship but didn’t see the entire thing. The kids had a blast either way so it was a fun trip anyhow!
This might help:
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=20881

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote