Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Default 2 lost items

Two lost items a-float'n around out there, somewhere?

Jibbed when I should have come about, flipped my 14' sailboat in the ferocious whitecaps, and turtled it until help showed up. Thanks to the family in the big bowrider for towing me home. Lost in the flip-flop; a blue floatation cushion and a little white rescue paddle with HELP on one side....lost in the vicinity of south Bear Island & Mark Island.

REWARD: your choice of a double cheeseburger, mcchicken or a chocolate sundae......thanks in advance!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Airwaves

FLL Glad to hear you were helped out by a GFBL boat!

My only comments are that if you have (or had) a paddle with the word HELP on it, the paddle should have been orange, not white.

A blue flotation cushion? No, that should have been orange as well.

White and blue blend in nicely with the water and white caps on the lake....Orange...well that's not a color natural on the lake, Unless of course if you are trying to be a Maple Tree in October ???

Just my $.02
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
rick35

Default Heading east

I saw your blue cushion between Mark and Bear heading east towards the boy's camp but wasn't about to untie to go out and get it with the on shore wind and chop. If I had seen you go over I would have gone out to help you though. Sorry. What time did it happen? We went over to Center Harbor for a late lunch and may have been away. We usually keep an eye on things out in front of our camp. It was a pretty windy day for sailing so if they only thing that happened was a lost cushionand paddle I'd say you made out pretty well. When I was sailing several years ago I would have kept the boat on the mooring with all the wind we had yesterday but that's me. You must have had a wild ride.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Let's see, today is Sunday and that flip-flop happened on Thursday at about 5 or 6 pm. There were relatively few boats out on the water but the second one that passed came to my rescue, and towed me home; a family of 4 in a large bowrider, maybe 24'. The water had quickly changed from a chop to white caps after I got out beyond Horse Island, with the wind coming from the south west. It's a new used, 1981, Force 5, 14' sailboat and it was about my third time using it, so I am still just getting my feet wet. Is similar to a Laser with a taller sail, but much less expensive in the used boat market. Name on the small stern: 'ALL WET.'

For every sailboat out on the water, there seems to be about 50 motorized vessels including boats and jetskis and it's nice to see so many boats out in spite of 4dollar gas. It's a big lake...