Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
jniff101

Question Zachey's Pizza

Has anyone been to zachey's pizza? It's were the old C-brothers used to be, right on the corner at the lights in Meredith. I'm going to miss C-brothers. I know that their opening day was monday.
jniff101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
donnamatrix

Default Zakey's Pizza

You know, I always thought C-Brothers was like a money laundering business or something. They never seemed to do too much business, the side of teh restaurant with tables was always empty. How did they pay the lease? Gotta say I'd rather see a Quiznos!!
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
Cristen

Default Can Zackeys Make It Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix View Post
You know, I always thought C-Brothers was like a money laundering business or something. They never seemed to do too much business, the side of teh restaurant with tables was always empty. How did they pay the lease? Gotta say I'd rather see a Quiznos!!
I'm with you. C-Brothers was always empty and the food was only OK. I hope Zacheys has better food, because Meredith needs a good pizza place.
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristen View Post
I'm with you. C-Brothers was always empty and the food was only OK. I hope Zacheys has better food, because Meredith needs a good pizza place.
I'm with ya too. C-Brothers was OK at best. The grinders weren't even mediocre. I enjoy Pizza Factory's pies but will be giving Z's a try soon.
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
Old Hubbard Rd

Default C Brothers

I had heard that the owners of the building was The Meredith Village Bank. According to old rumors the Meredith Village Bank was trying to get everyone out of that building so they could demolish and rebuild that building. So no one wanted to invest in their business knowing they would be asked to leave. So I hope the new tenant got a nice long lease. I know the hardware stores looks pretty comfortable there. I hope he MVSB has changed their plans!!
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
michael c

Default this is a guess,nothing more

I have no inside information here but logic tells me that the M V S B , who owns the place ,is simply trying to fill the space as it waits for the state to take the property,relocate the hardware store and then wait for the new "Roundabout"
I am simply speculating here ,I don't know anyone involved ,one way or the other but the state will obviously need more space than what is sitiing open right now in order to put in the new Roundabout..it makes sense in my mind
as far as getting a long lease,,,,,if the pizza is great , it won't matter if they have to relocate in a couple of years ...the state or the bank will pay for them to relocate and as long as their pizza is wonderful ,,,,,people will follow
mike
Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 AM   #7
GTO

Default pizza factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
I'm with ya too. C-Brothers was OK at best. The grinders weren't even mediocre. I enjoy Pizza Factory's pies but will be giving Z's a try soon.
I used to go to the Pizza Factory until last summer. Food was just ok....a little bit over priced for the portions. This past summer the owner gave me attitude because I refused to take the pizza I had ordered because he had burnt it. Really burnt it. That was the last time I went there.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #8
jniff101

Oh my gosh that reminds me. I had heard great things about the pizza factory so i decided to give it a try myself. I went with some friends and we ordered a few pizzas. everything was okay excet for the table tiles that were baked into the crust, yes that's right, table tiles. I seriously thought i broke my tooth. it was all throughout the pizza crust so we quickly lost our appetites. I went up and showed the people working there and all they had to say was " wow, that's weird" no refund, no Oh gosh I'm so sorry. I was so aggrivated. needless to say we havn't been back since.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #9
michael c

Default good Pizza?

Anthony's most of the time, had really good pizza .on occasion, the crust would be either extra well done or Burnt. Things have changed and my friends are all telling me how great it is now ..and they deliver on weekends now and I am told that come summer ,it will be 7 days a week.
I have eaten there recently and , while my opinion is biased, I think it is some of the best pizza I have ever had ,,,what the heck ,,,I think it deserves a new review... so many people on this board are willing to give a place a second try ,,,I think we should give them a "new " first try !!
But I am kinda close to the new owners so please take what I say with a grain of salt...hey ,,,,gotta be honest ,,,'cause thats all each of us has ,,,our integrity
Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #10
froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael c View Post
I have no inside information here but logic tells me that the M V S B , who owns the place ,is simply trying to fill the space as it waits for the state to take the property,relocate the hardware store and then wait for the new "Roundabout"
Where are the ROUNDABOUT plans? NOT in Meredith. Not at NH DOT!

Far too much speculation. Rumors.

The dining portion in that building, for my 40 years driving by, has never had good occupancy no matter the tenant: old dairy bar checkered table cloth place,
or any other restaurant there.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #11
michael c

Default round a bout

I read in the paper[I don't remember which one ,but it was local] that the state is gpoming to put in a round a bout at the intersection where c-brothers pizza is and another one just up route 25 at the cinema.
this was about 4-6 weeks ago
Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #12
dpg

Well.. hasn't ANYONE tried it yet?
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #13
froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
YA, I tried the round bout in Nashua.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #14
phoenix

Michael which place had the great pizza
Old 03-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #15
EricP

Thumbs down Tried it last night

I ordered 2 Steak and Cheese subs and an order of fries. Honestly my wife and I could not determine if there really was cheese in the subs. The fries tasted like fish, which really bothered me, so I am guessing everything fried is cooked in the same greese. The subs themselves weren't that good either. I probably won't go back. Add to that it took 20 minutes or so for my order to be prepared and they were only making 1 other order, which appeared to be 2 pasta dishes, seemed way to slow for my liking.
EricP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #16
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Reply to Eric P

Hey Eric P,
Did you ever think that possibly these folks at Zackary's were just looking out for your well being. Cheese is not healty and sometimes over rated
Old 03-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #17
michael c

Default Hello Eric

I really couldn't tell which place you were talking about with the two steak and cheese subs and fries...you didnt mention it. I really am not sure that Zackeys is open yet [ might be ] but I wasn't of that impresseion. So I went to the new place I am friends of today to let them know that someone may have been dissatisfied with their food. They pulled out every order for the last 3 days [ EVERY order gets written down !!!! ] and they have not had an order in the last 3 days for two steak subs and some fries,,,they also don't serve any fish ..So I must assume that you are talking about some place else . as I know them very well ...I wonder if zackeys is open ..or maybe you went to the other place in wolfboro that the previous owner still owns.
What ever the reason , you did not order two steak and cheese subs and fries at "A Taste of Tuscany " in the last 3 days ,,,and you can take that to the bank !
Old 03-31-2008, 03:05 AM   #18
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
I really couldn't tell which place you were talking about with the two steak and cheese subs and fries...you didnt mention it. I really am not sure that Zackeys is open yet [ might be ] but I wasn't of that impresseion. So I went to the new place I am friends of today to let them know that someone may have been dissatisfied with their food. They pulled out every order for the last 3 days [ EVERY order gets written down !!!! ] and they have not had an order in the last 3 days for two steak subs and some fries,,,they also don't serve any fish ..So I must assume that you are talking about some place else . as I know them very well ...I wonder if zackeys is open ..or maybe you went to the other place in wolfboro that the previous owner still owns.
What ever the reason , you did not order two steak and cheese subs and fries at "A Taste of Tuscany " in the last 3 days ,,,and you can take that to the bank !
Maybe I am crazy Michael, but this thread is about Zachey's so I am assuming Eric's post was as well. I look forward to checking out Tuscany- I always thought Anthony's was pretty good and if the new place is better.......
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:00 AM   #19
GTO

Default ratings.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I tried it Saturday afternoon. Zacheys that is (not to be confused with Tuscanyin Wolfboro). But if it makes you feel anybetter you can have them pull the slip. I had chicken fingers & Fries and a half pepperoni/mushroom pizza. The fingers and fries were good but I heard from my guests that the pizza was just ok. While waiting for my take out order, there was a couple from the dining area that went to the counter to ask how soon their pizza was going to be so i don't know if they were impatient or it was taking a long time. The girl running the friolator almost put in veal insteaf of chicken fingers....I'm glad she asked someone else the difference before she did. A couple of young kids walking around behind the counter. A little nerve wracking watching them near the hot ovens and friolator. Best line of the day though......about 5 minutes after we ordered the pizza, the girl behind the counter asked us "so, do you want half the pizza to have mushrooms on it and the other side to have pepperonis?"
All in all.....not overly impress but will try it again as they seem to be still working out the kinks.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #20
fatlazyless

Here's my suggestion to Zackey's as a new business that wants to build the business.

How about a hand lettered, very plain sign in the window that says:

Pizza slices - One Dollar - all day

It will get new people into the restaurant for a try and a look-see.

If McDonald' can sell a double cheeseburger that is pretty good for a dollar, then why not a one dollar slice?

Inquiring stomachs want to know?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #21
Just Wonderin

Default Misc stuff

I just read the complete thread and want to reply on a few items.

"Meredith needs a good pizza place"...We think Guiseppe's in the Mill Falls Marketplace has great pizza in addition to great italian food.

Also, I see many of you mentioned the Pizza Factory...where is that located? Is it in Meredith?

Thanks for letting us know that Zachey's has opened...we'll check it out and see for ourselves.

Taste of Tuscany is on Route 25 in Moultonboro or Center Harbor. I didn't know there was one in Wolfeboro.

Friends of ours ate at Taste of Tuscany on Thursday evening, March 13th. One person in the party ordered a Steak sub and said that it was not good. She thought that the steak might not have been as fresh as it should have been. She didn't eat the sandwich.

We will try Zachey's, the Pizza Factory (if it's still around and in the area), and Taste of Tuscany and make up our own minds.

I must admit, it was a bit confusing to try and figure out which restaurant was being discussed, when reading the different threads.

Any new restaurant needs to be given a bit of slack in the beginning, to work out all of the bugs. They can't be expected to be up and running on day one.
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:07 PM   #22
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
I had heard that the owners of the building was The Meredith Village Bank. According to old rumors the Meredith Village Bank was trying to get everyone out of that building so they could demolish and rebuild that building. So no one wanted to invest in their business knowing they would be asked to leave. So I hope the new tenant got a nice long lease. I know the hardware stores looks pretty comfortable there. I hope he MVSB has changed their plans!!
OHR, my wife works for MVSB so I've taken an interest in your rumor. Any rumor as to what they planned to put in there? Could have been a potential home for the "just finished last year offices" in Center Harbor. Either way it doesn't sound like anything MVSB would do, but you know what curiosity did...

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #23
jniff101

Default Not Impressed

Okay, so I tried Zachy's Pizza. I called in the order and got a large pep. pizza and tried to get cheese garlic bread and cheese sticks but they were out of both!! This was Sunday and they just opened on Monday of last week. I could understand if i was something like a sub or something with cold cuts that couldn't be frozen. But both of the things that I wanted usually come frozen, so I thought that they should be stocked up on them. especially since they just opened and in my opinion, they are pretty popular items.
So I got there in the amout of time that they told me and i still waited for 15 minutes longer. I was not happy. There were kids making the pizza, no one appologized and they were all eating french fries. Now that's something that would probebly just bother me so oh well. But I got the pizza and there large is the size of a medium. It came to $13.99, after tax. Which I found to be a bit steep. The pizza wasn't bad, but it didn't feed three adults, and I can get a large pizza from a taste of tuscany for just about 12 bucks that is much larger.
So all in all, it will be a while before I go back. But i did ask for a menu to take home and it was filled with coupons, so that was nice.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #24
MomCat

Default For the best pizza...

After reading this thread, I can't believe that no one has mentioned Louie's Famous Pizza, in Old Providence Common on 104 (same strip mall as Jackson's Star). This has to be the best in the area--loaded with toppings (including lots of cheese), great crust, and made with TLC. This is truly a mom and pop operation--with the owners on hand every day making everything (no part-time kids eating while they prepare your food!). And a large from Louie's is really LARGE. My husband and I can usually finish off a large from anywhere else, but we always have leftovers (which reheat nicely because of the quality crust--never soggy) when we order from Louie's. Their subs are outstanding, too. Louie makes the pizzas and his wife makes the subs. Delicious!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #25
sa meredith

Default agree

MomCat
I agree....that is THE ONLY place for pizza. We are only a mile or so from Louie's, so it is also convenient, but I believe it is the best pizza in the entire area. I would encourage anyone who has not tried Louies to make the drive. It's worth it. Noboby puts more toppings than this place. The large with a single topping weighs over two pounds.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #26
hilltopper

Default Louie's hours?

My wife wanted to stop at Louie's one Sunday but they were closed. She said she thought they had "weird" hours. Anyone know for sure?
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #27
MomCat

I'm not sure about Louie's hours, although I think that they don't stay open really late at night, as Mr & Mrs are there all day long. I do know that they used to close for vacation for a week or so during the off-season (maybe late March/early April?). The best thing would be to give them a call (603-279-3011). This is a family of friendly, hard-working people and they clearly take pride in their products. By the way, I have absolutely no affiliation with Louie's, just a loyal customer who appreciates quality food.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #28
boat_guy64

Default Famous Louie's

We are also big fans of Famous Louie's. Mrs. Louie is always so friendly and I've never seen anyone put so much pepperoni on a pizza. They are closed on Sunday.
boat_guy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #29
Cristen

Thumbs up Louie's Famous Pizza

I've had Louie's pizza, and it is really good. The owners are really nice too. Give it a try, I highly recommend it.

Don't forget to check out their interesting collection of Coca Cola bottles/cans from around the world.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #30
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

I will have to check it out. I love a good pizza. When I find a good place it makes me so happy- yes I am a confessed pizza snob.

I ask for my pizzas uncut and light then when I get home I fire up the oven with a nice fat pizza stone in it and heat that bad boy up- just like it came out of their oven!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #31
froggy

I agree about Louie's on rt 104.

I know people who like Pizza Factory, next to Town Offices, for their Athenian and ask for white sauce! They leave no doe uncovered.

Have not tried Zach's at the lights.

If in vicinity of Belknap Mall, some really like Sal's Pizza in the mall, with their own exterior door.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #32
EricP

Default I was referring to Zackeys

Quote:
I didn't say where I ate, I was responding to the original question and the title of the thread.
It was Zackeys, downtown Meredith. Where Brothers was. I orderd 2 Steak and Cheese subs, with mushrooms and fries. I have CC receipts. Also I had added $3 for a tip and they charged my card the $3 dollars 4 days later. They were definitely open, it was the 29th. They had their news signs for the food and prices still wrapped leaning behind the counter, they weren't even up yet. The owner was showing a couple ( I think family) around and pointed out the signs were going up the next day.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #33
EricP

Default ahem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
Hey Eric P,
Did you ever think that possibly these folks at Zackary's were just looking out for your well being. Cheese is not healty and sometimes over rated
Next time I am going to make you wait 200 miles for a beer!!!!! Don't get between me and my food
Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #34
Old Hubbard Rd

Default 200 miles!!!!!!

LOL!! You would never do that!!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #35
GTO

Default 2nd try

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I tried it Saturday afternoon. Zacheys that is (not to be confused with Tuscanyin Wolfboro). But if it makes you feel anybetter you can have them pull the slip. I had chicken fingers & Fries and a half pepperoni/mushroom pizza. The fingers and fries were good but I heard from my guests that the pizza was just ok. While waiting for my take out order, there was a couple from the dining area that went to the counter to ask how soon their pizza was going to be so i don't know if they were impatient or it was taking a long time. The girl running the friolator almost put in veal insteaf of chicken fingers....I'm glad she asked someone else the difference before she did. A couple of young kids walking around behind the counter. A little nerve wracking watching them near the hot ovens and friolator. Best line of the day though......about 5 minutes after we ordered the pizza, the girl behind the counter asked us "so, do you want half the pizza to have mushrooms on it and the other side to have pepperonis?"
All in all.....not overly impress but will try it again as they seem to be still working out the kinks.
Tried Zacheys again on Saturday. Much better. Service was quick and food was good and reasonably priced. Must of been the 1st week jitters.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #36
angela4design

Default Louie's Fan

My family has always been fans of Louie's pizza, too! I think we would consider trying Zackey's, but give me some sort of incentive. I'm happy with my pizza now - why am I going to try Zackey's?

I think the "dollar-a-slice" idea is good, or send out coupons or something.
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:20 AM   #37
summersux

My kid loves Zachey's Pizza. But we have been there 3 times and all 3 times something has been screwed up. The first time, I never looked at the prices I called in and ordered a large pizza and a small pizza it took about an hour. I went to pay and it was over $50. I was very surprised so I asked for a recipe and I grabbed a menu when I got home way out off Meredith Neck I see I was charged for 3 lg. pizzas, so I had to drive all the way back. They had just opened so I let go. The 2nd time I ordered a take out when I arrived at the time I was told they lost my order and I had to reorder and that took forever. This last time I ordered a take out picked it up at 6:30PM drove home and it was the wrong pizza, so we drive back tell them that we got the wrong pizza the guy says that we can have for the price that we paid but we don't like whats on it. So he tells us that he will deliver it to our house ok this plan I like. At around 9:30PM my kid starts in with I'm hungry at 10PM I cook her something and call Zachey's the girl says that they have been busy and the pizza is on the way. Well the pizza showed up around 11PM and the kid gave us a free rootbeer for the trouble. So it took over 4 hours for a lg pizza. We are done with this place.
summersux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #38
Irish mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersux View Post
My kid loves Zachey's Pizza. But we have been there 3 times and all 3 times something has been screwed up. The first time, I never looked at the prices I called in and ordered a large pizza and a small pizza it took about an hour. I went to pay and it was over $50. I was very surprised so I asked for a recipe and I grabbed a menu when I got home way out off Meredith Neck I see I was charged for 3 lg. pizzas, so I had to drive all the way back. They had just opened so I let go. The 2nd time I ordered a take out when I arrived at the time I was told they lost my order and I had to reorder and that took forever. This last time I ordered a take out picked it up at 6:30PM drove home and it was the wrong pizza, so we drive back tell them that we got the wrong pizza the guy says that we can have for the price that we paid but we don't like whats on it. So he tells us that he will deliver it to our house ok this plan I like. At around 9:30PM my kid starts in with I'm hungry at 10PM I cook her something and call Zachey's the girl says that they have been busy and the pizza is on the way. Well the pizza showed up around 11PM and the kid gave us a free rootbeer for the trouble. So it took over 4 hours for a lg pizza. We are done with this place.
Goodness....what a run-a-round. Here's what we do now. I stop at Tilton Wal-Mart & we get these fantastic, large Sam's Club pizzas that cost around only six dollars each. We pop them in the oven for 30 minutes and avoid all these issus, and save a lot of money. BTW these pizzas are fresh made, and taste great

Last edited by Irish mist; 02-27-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #39
pah

Default Never Again

The wife and I have had take out from Z's twice.

The first time it was a large pizza with some slected toppings. When we got it home it didnt have any of the toppings we ordered, was only cooked half way and we were over charged.

The second time we ordered subs. There wasnt enough meat on both subs to make one good sub. My sub didnt have any lettuce, tomato's or onions. It was an italian sub and vinegar & oil were asked for, none was placed on the sub. There was one slice of american cheese on a full size sub. I always received provalone cheese on a Italian and certainly more then one slice.

I called Z's, asked for the owner and was told that he would call me back. I havent heard anything.

We will not be going back there!!!!!
pah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #40
CHRIS

Default Never Again...

We have a place in Meredith so despite some poor comments about the place I was willing to give them a try.... never again.

The service was so bad it was funny and I was tempted to post a whole new subject but instead here are a few highlights of my experience:
- I called at 6:05 was told 40-45 mins arrived in 45min and still stood there and waited another 30 min. even though when I came in she said it was 'in the oven'.
- I waited an additional 30 minutes and yet I was still the first customer rung up at the register. Many came and left.
- Their large dinning room was completely empty yet they had to turn away groups of 10 or more because ANY order were going to be close to an hour wait.
- Phone calls were eventually ignored because they were too busy. I counted at least 6 people 'working' but they kept falling farther and farther behind.
- One call that was answered the customer was told 30 min... they had to call them back and say it was closer to 60 min wait... then had to call AGAIN because they didn't realize it was a delivery and that was at least 90 min. wait.
- there was a couple waiting when I first arrived. During my 30 minute wait (sentence) they were given pieces of their order a little at a time (A pizza, then an order of chicken fingers, then fries...) eventually after the 30 min their order was complete, the girl apologized and they left.

I could go on but I think you get the picture.
CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #41
sa meredith

Default just my opinion

In Meredith, I believe the only place to buy pizza is Louies Famous Pizza.
Quite possibly the best pizza I have ever had. Anywhere!
Perfect every time. Just a two person show. Louie and his wife. Quality control at it's finest.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #42
crazybeautiful99

Thumbs up Zacky's?

We went on a motorcycle ride around Lake Winnipesauke this past 2 weeks, we stopped at The Mills Falls to do a little bit of shopping. About 2 p.m I could feel my stomach rumbling. We went out, crossed rt. 3 intending to go to eat @ the Town Docks. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a new sign up, that used to be C-Brothers-3, now Zacky's Pizzeria. All 8 of us went in, ordered 3 large 3-topping pizzas, steak & cheeses and an Italian sub and buffalo wings. It was quite busy, but we got our orders, about a half hour later (we were told 50 minutes because of the amount of food we ordered). Needless to say, we were quite surprised at the promptness, and the help were very gracious and respectful. A bunch of high school kids but quite professional, in my opinion. The food was DEEEEElicious. I don't quite know what made their pizza so tasty, but let me tell you it was unbelievable. I am not a pizza person, I thought New England Pizza in Exeter was great, Zoey's in Manchester, Papa Gino's , Giovanni's, Bertuccis, but this Zacky's as I hear/read people on this forum negatively rate, as a major STINKER? is UP THERE. The pizzas were done just the way we wanted, well done, and the steak and cheese subs were outstanding, lotsa beef and it was very filling. The owner came and introduced himself amidst I would say, could be one of their busiest day, and shared a laugh with us. The fiance' was in the kitchen cooking and instructing employees. This is quite a narrative, but I feel the urge to share my story, because I am a Cook (Catering), and a darn good one. I know good food when I taste it . Zacky's has only been opened, I heard 15 weeks? They still need to iron-out the CS part of the business, but all in all I would eat their over and over again. Matter of fact my children and I are going camping this weekend, and I would take a cooking vacation as well. Zacky's is it. They can cater for me and my family.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #43
summersux

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybeautiful99 View Post
We went on a motorcycle ride around Lake Winnipesauke this past 2 weeks, we stopped at The Mills Falls to do a little bit of shopping. About 2 p.m I could feel my stomach rumbling. We went out, crossed rt. 3 intending to go to eat @ the Town Docks. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a new sign up, that used to be C-Brothers-3, now Zacky's Pizzeria. All 8 of us went in, ordered 3 large 3-topping pizzas, steak & cheeses and an Italian sub and buffalo wings. It was quite busy, but we got our orders, about a half hour later (we were told 50 minutes because of the amount of food we ordered). Needless to say, we were quite surprised at the promptness, and the help were very gracious and respectful. A bunch of high school kids but quite professional, in my opinion. The food was DEEEEElicious. I don't quite know what made their pizza so tasty, but let me tell you it was unbelievable. I am not a pizza person, I thought New England Pizza in Exeter was great, Zoey's in Manchester, Papa Gino's , Giovanni's, Bertuccis, but this Zacky's as I hear/read people on this forum negatively rate, as a major STINKER? is UP THERE. The pizzas were done just the way we wanted, well done, and the steak and cheese subs were outstanding, lotsa beef and it was very filling. The owner came and introduced himself amidst I would say, could be one of their busiest day, and shared a laugh with us. The fiance' was in the kitchen cooking and instructing employees. This is quite a narrative, but I feel the urge to share my story, because I am a Cook (Catering), and a darn good one. I know good food when I taste it . Zacky's has only been opened, I heard 15 weeks? They still need to iron-out the CS part of the business, but all in all I would eat their over and over again. Matter of fact my children and I are going camping this weekend, and I would take a cooking vacation as well. Zacky's is it. They can cater for me and my family.
I do not disagree that the pizza taste good. But the CS will make me not go back.
summersux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #44
Cristen

I will keep this short. The pizza was decent - nothing great. The service was very slow and just not good.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:14 PM   #45
AKADQ

Smile Zachey's VS. Loui's

I decided to take my three kids and my daughters friend out for pizza tonight, my night to cook while the wife was at work. We originally decided on Guiseppe's but quickly chose not to because of a 45 minute waite. After trying to decide over which pizza shop to go, we ended up at Zachey's. I placed our order, 1 large Winnipesaukee, 4 fountain drinks, & 1 Michelob Ultra to take the edge off for me, all together it came to $27.50..I took my beer and we sat near the windows overlooking rte.3 & 25, at this point it was 8:00 PM. As I looked around I did notice one other couple eating in the dining area as a few people were comming and going for take-out. At 8:20 our pizza had arrived hot out of the oven. The kids were anxious and all began eating, before you know it the pizza was consumed and everyone was happy. I soon took a quick survey about the pizza and all the kids agreed it was good. As far as my opinion, I thought it was good but if your in Meredith and your gonna have pizza nothing beats a Loui Nassis Famous Pizza at the Old Province Commons.
AKADQ is offline   Reply With Quote