Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2019, 07:51 PM   #1
bigdog

Default New Truck Purchase - Need Bedliner ?

I recently purchased a 2 yr old Ford F-150.

Truck did not come with a bed-liner or tonneau cover, which I want !

Are there any local businesses in the Lakes Region, that sell/install these after-market accessories ?

Thanks !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigdog For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (07-11-2019), Hillcountry (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Hillcountry

I use Truck Trends and they just opened shop on route 3 coming North from exit 20 (Tilton) they were formerly on 106 in Belmont but I don’t know if they moved or are running two locations.
They sell several brands of tonneau covers and also do Line-X, which I believe is the best out there. You can probably get the drop in liner too if that’s what you want.
I have a 2013 F150 and had it Line-X’d and a soft tonneau installed when new.
The tonneau is a “Truxedo” brand and it has been flawless for 6 years now.
Good luck!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:57 PM   #3
chasedawg

Default Truck tonneau cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I recently purchased a 2 yr old Ford F-150.

Truck did not come with a bed-liner or tonneau cover, which I want !

Are there any local businesses in the Lakes Region, that sell/install these after-market accessories ?

Thanks !
Thank you for your post. I am also looking for a tonneau cover. I have one that is fabric and you roll it back. Quite simple and it works but it is flimsy and not water proof.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #4
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

I had Line-X on one truck and Rhino Liner on another. The former was hard and somewhat slippery, the latter was softer and grippy. Things slid around on the Line-X, but that made moving things easy. Things were gripped on Rhino Liner, but moving things around was tough. Rhino felt better on my knees. Both lasted a LONG time with no real deterioration.

I had a Truxedo on both. My brother and friend have also had Truxedos. They lasted a LONG time with minimum deterioration. Were I to buy now, I'd buy a Truxedo.

Godspeed!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:16 PM   #5
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

I also recommend Truck Trends. I had them install a diamond plate bed cover on my truck. They did a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #6
SAB1

Order the tonneau online and you will save a few bucks.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #7
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Order the tonneau online and you will save a few bucks.
Yes, though truck places often install for free, which is pretty nice...

Old 07-12-2019, 05:57 AM   #8
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

They are very easy to install.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:07 AM   #9
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
They are very easy to install.
Perhaps, but there's something pleasing about dropping a vehicle off and picking it up a few hours later with a bedliner sprayed and tonneau installed.

Time and simplicity are worth a few bucks to me--the last time I had these done, the cost of the tonneau was less than $50 that of the cheapest online option, easily worth supporting local business, access to warranty work, and simplicity, not to mention installation done right the first time.

My brother bought a tri-fold from Auto Anything at the same time as I got my Truxedo installed. He saved $40, but when it came in a rail was bent, and it was missing hardware. Took two weeks to straighten it out. Who wants to deal with that?

Old 07-12-2019, 06:19 AM   #10
dpg

Do a spray in liner the plastic type that sits in your bed will gather water and moisture underneath it and promote rust in time.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:49 AM   #11
JADAQ

Truck trends for sure! They moved completely out of the 106 location and now reside in the old Winnisquam auto building on route 3 next to smoke and barley.
JADAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:41 AM   #12
jgrif6180

Default Bed Liner

The Cap Outlet in Tilton is terrific for bed liners and tonneau covers and very reasonably priced.
jgrif6180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #13
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

I had a Pace Edwards electric toneau cover installed on my PU 5 years ago and love it! It’s been trouble free and opens and closes with a key fob. I also installed a LineX spray in bed liner. They offered me a soft or hard liner and I opted for the hard. No issues with stuff sliding around or durability. The stuff is tougher than woodpecker lips! LineX in Hooksett, NH installed everything.

https://youtu.be/orQVZP3XJtM

Dan
Old 07-12-2019, 07:51 AM   #14
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I had a Pace Edwards electric toneau cover installed on my PU 5 years ago and love it! It’s been trouble free and opens and closes with a key fob. I also installed a LineX spray in bed liner. They offered me a soft or hard liner and I opted for the hard. No issues with stuff sliding around or durability. The stuff is tougher than woodpecker lips! LineX in Hooksett, NH installed everything.

https://youtu.be/orQVZP3XJtM

Dan
That looks nice. When I looked at those a while ago, the mechanism took up a lot of space in the rear of the bed--is that still the case?

Old 07-12-2019, 07:55 AM   #15
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
That looks nice. When I looked at those a while ago, the mechanism took up a lot of space in the rear of the bed--is that still the case?

I does take up some space under the forward top of the bed liner, but you still have the same bed floor space. I too was concerned when I first got but it honestly has never been an issue.

Dan
thinkxingu (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 08:03 AM   #16
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I had Line-X on one truck and Rhino Liner on another. The former was hard and somewhat slippery, the latter was softer and grippy. Things slid around on the Line-X, but that made moving things easy. Things were gripped on Rhino Liner, but moving things around was tough. Rhino felt better on my knees. Both lasted a LONG time with no real deterioration.

I had a Truxedo on both. My brother and friend have also had Truxedos. They lasted a LONG time with minimum deterioration. Were I to buy now, I'd buy a Truxedo.

Godspeed!

As I recall there were two Line-X finishes available the shiny (slippery) and the dull rough (non slippery). I chose the rough and like Dan said, nothing moves around on it while driving.
My Truxedo tonneau does not leak either! Totally keeps rain water out!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #17
dt5150

i had an extang solid fold on my last truck and loved it. i miss it actually.. i have a soft toneau on my current rig, it came with the truck. but the solid ones will allow you to securely lock stuff in the bed, whereas a soft toneau is easily opened with a pocket knife or anything sharp.
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:26 AM   #18
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Hands down, on a older vehicle, don't get a plastic removable bed liner. The bed is likely aready scuffed, and the liner will promote the starting of Rust.

The sprayed-in liner is the only way to go. As long as the bed is prepped correctly any damage already existing in the bed will be taken care of and the new sprayed in liner will protect it and give it longevity just like you did it when the truck was new. I have used Line-X in all my trucks, I have only ever been exposed to what people here seem to be refering to as the "dull" option... didn't even know they did anything different. This almost never move, unless I slam on the brakes...the best thing is that it flexes and bends so beat it up, a friend had a bed that looked like a wash boarded road, and yet the line-X was still intact.. (a welll used truck)

As for Toneau, it really comes down to what you want to spend. I am cheap... I buy the cheapest extang classic cover... I have had to of them on different trucks... the last, and when you want it out of the way it is quick and easy to do so.... I have also seen people have sunbrella covering made for them after the vinyl one is no longer functional.....I am planning to do that myself with my current truck in another year or so.... I have never had an issue with water getting into the bed..... my only complaint is that on the current one, the snaps have all given out and needed to be replaced..... which hey gives me something to do, while watching the lake.....

Finally take the piece of advice, if you plan to keep the truck long term the sprayed in liner will be well worth the investment, and so will what ever toneau cover you buy. However if you are likely to get rid of the truck in a few years, while the sprayed in liner will give you a better trade in value, the Toneau covers usually don't add any value....
Old 07-12-2019, 09:04 AM   #19
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
As I recall there were two Line-X finishes available the shiny (slippery) and the dull rough (non slippery). I chose the rough and like Dan said, nothing moves around on it while driving.
Yes, I have the dull rough liner. I forgot to mention I also added a removable soft bed carpet which stays in the truck unless I am carrying something very rough or dirty like cinder blocks, sand, etc. The carpet is very soft and easy on the knees when kneeling in the truck. It also is not slippery and nothing moves on it. LineX also sold me this carpet.

Dan
Hillcountry (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 09:17 AM   #20
codeman671

Tri-City Line-X in Dover does spray in liners and tonneau covers. They will give you a loaner vehicle. Take off for a few hours, grab lunch, come back and it will be done.

They gave one of my employees a Ford Raptor as a loaner!
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:34 AM   #21
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts
Thumbs up

I've always had they roll up covers but I bought a truck with a 3 section fold up cover and I like it much better. If I need the whole bed open it comes off easily with 2 twist knobs.
What I like about it most is I can fold it back and stuff things I need to keep dry under the front part and still put taller items in the bed.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:13 AM   #22
Doobs41378

I also used Truck Trends for my last 2 trucks and was pleased with the results.
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doobs41378 For This Useful Post:
bigdog (07-14-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 09:50 AM   #23
rick35

I’ve had two trucks with Rugged Cover tonneau covers. They warranty the cover for life and I used their warranty on the first cover when a couple of the clamps broke. Service was great and the parts arrived in a couple of days. If I had to buy another cover I might get one that doesn’t cover the stake holes so I have the option of using a bed rack instead of a roof rack. Loading my kayak would be easier if I could load it from the back and not worry about damaging the roof (which I did).
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote